Author Topic: Was this Obama's Jimmy Carter moment? President's woeful debate compared to 1980 TV disaster that handed Reagan victory  (Read 2594 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Carter was better against Reagan than Obama was against Romney.  And I saw both of them.

This was the single biggest mismatch in debate history.  Obama is the empty chair, and even the chair would have been better.

The American people should be embarrassed that he is in office...and maybe a bit frightened as well.  What would a foreign competitor or enemy think of what we have in the position of Commander in Chief?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Rush Limbaugh: Obama speech channeled Jimmy Carter - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/80930.html

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_dTJTD01n4&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_dTJTD01n4&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
The UK article has great pictures. Too bad we no longer have a media.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Awkward! Wives in a rather forced show of affection as Barack opens debate with anniversary tribute to 'sweetie' Michelle
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2212612/Presidential-debate-2012-Michelle-Obama-Ann-Romney-appear-event-Denver.html

The Next President of the United States and First Lady

Online andy58-in-nh

Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork

Online andy58-in-nh

Some of those pictures are just begging for captions. :smokin:
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork

What is she doing here, ordering a drink?  Talk about disdain for your supporters - "talk to the hand, talk to the hand."

Online andy58-in-nh

"Uh, excuse me: who you lookin' at?  'Sweetie' is over here..."

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Romney's retort on the "tax break for shipping jobs overseas" attack was the single most blistering, devastating counterpunch I have ever seen in any debate.  It buried Obama, the President was standing there unaware of what was in his own tax code.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

"Uh, excuse me: who you lookin' at?  'Sweetie' is over here..."

0000happy

Reggie the man guard Love must have been in the audience.

The 'sweetie' was so fake.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork

What is she doing here, ordering a drink?  Talk about disdain for your supporters - "talk to the hand, talk to the hand."

There we go!

Offline Millee

The 'sweetie' was so fake.

The "sweetie" moment almost made my dinner go bloooey!  :3:

Online DCPatriot

"Aw geez......may I please be excused....so I can go outside and STAB MYSELF IN THE EYE WITH AN ICE PICK!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Online andy58-in-nh

"I'll take my hand back now, please."   
"As soon as you get yours off my back, bitch!"

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork

"I'll take my hand back now, please."   
"As soon as you get yours off my back, bitch!"

That's an interesting image.  You can see just the faintest of smirks on Mrs. Romney's face, and the grim determination of an arrogant SOB who hates to lose on the Wookie's face.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
That's an interesting image.  You can see just the faintest of smirks on Mrs. Romney's face, and the grim determination of an arrogant SOB who hates to lose on the Wookie's face.

But Ann Romney is more naturally genuine and kind. And Ann Romney like Laura Bush is a class act but the media ignore her and focus on what lard ass MO wore.

Also...some where in the pics is ValJar by MO. The real president that does not have any more of a clue as to what she is doing (other than full communism) any more than Obama.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
But Ann Romney is more naturally genuine and kind. And Ann Romney like Laura Bush is a class act but the media ignore her and focus on what lard ass MO wore.

Also...some where in the pics is ValJar by MO. The real president that does not have any more of a clue as to what she is doing (other than full communism) any more than Obama.

I agree.  But I also think that it would take superhuman effort to not show some indication of victory.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I don't wish to make anyone upchuck their lunch but MO had that Sanford and son lady look and BO looks so gay even way back when...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf