Author Topic: LIVE THREAD...First Presidental Debate in Denver, Topic: Domestic policy...9pm est.  (Read 44581 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
October 3, 2012
   Topic: Domestic policy

Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
Moderator: Jim Lehrer (Host of NewsHour on PBS)
The debate will focus on domestic policy and be divided into six time segments of approximately 15 minutes each on topics to be selected by the moderator and announced several weeks before the debate.

The moderator will open each segment with a question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a discussion of the topic.

Support the USO

Offline evadRē

Huge for Romney
Meaningless for Obama
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline NavyCanDo

Obama could throw-up all over himself tonight and the post debate commentary will still say Obama won.  But chin up. Many undecideds who can think for themselves will be watching.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Obama could throw-up all over himself tonight and the post debate commentary will still say Obama won.  But chin up. Many undecideds who can think for themselves will be watching.

If Obama did throw up all over himself, it would be the mean old Republicans' fault for putting out that video of him using the phoniest accent ever & race-baiting divisive rhetoric back when he was still openly admiring Jeremiah Wright. 

I hope Obama is seething inside over it & I hope Romney is somehow able to work Benghazi into the discussion.  That will be enough to fluster The Beloved One.

:peeonobama:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline R4 TrumPence

4 and half hours til the debate.......the bar will open in half hour!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:45:03 PM by Repub4Rē »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline speekinout

One thing yesterday's tapes showed us (as if we didn't know it before) 0bama is very good at talking to the specific audience he's aiming for. The audience he will be speaking to tonight are the white middle class independents. The blacks won't leave him, and the hard-core conservatives will loathe him, but he will probably win over at least some of the undecideds.
Romney still has to win over conservatives, so he won't be appealing to the same people that 0bama does.

I'm getting depressed already.  :shrug:

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
One thing yesterday's tapes showed us (as if we didn't know it before) 0bama is very good at talking to the specific audience he's aiming for. The audience he will be speaking to tonight are the white middle class independents. The blacks won't leave him, and the hard-core conservatives will loathe him, but he will probably win over at least some of the undecideds.
Romney still has to win over conservatives, so he won't be appealing to the same people that 0bama does.

I really, really do not understand why Romney needs to win over conservatives.  Conservatives may have their doubts about Romney, but surely those doubts pale in comparison to the known deficits of Obama.  Romney should be playing to the same squishies (indies and moderates) Obama is trying to bamboozle; he shouldn't have to be playing to the base at this late date.

Offline speekinout

I really, really do not understand why Romney needs to win over conservatives.  Conservatives may have their doubts about Romney, but surely those doubts pale in comparison to the known deficits of Obama.  Romney should be playing to the same squishies (indies and moderates) Obama is trying to bamboozle; he shouldn't have to be playing to the base at this late date.

I agree that he shouldn't have to. But I've been listening to all of the right wing pundits who say he can't win unless he does {insert the pundits favorite idea}. Romney really will have a hard time winning if all of the pundits spend the next month talking about why he lost.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
I agree that he shouldn't have to. But I've been listening to all of the right wing pundits who say he can't win unless he does {insert the pundits favorite idea}. Romney really will have a hard time winning if all of the pundits spend the next month talking about why he lost.

Agreed.  It's really annoying to see them pushing the prog/democrat "narrative" instead of our own.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
I really don't think Romney needs to win over conservatives.  I think he will be playing for the same audience that Obama is.

The problem is the question of whether that audience is big enough to overcome the Obama entertainment-celebrity and the bought-off-with-printed-dollars population.  Sadly in America today, most people will judge the debates based on what the [state controlled] entertainment media says about them...and we know how that will go.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
I think half the audience tonight are there to watch their Messiah, the other half to watch Romney kick his butt off the stage...

Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor

Nonsense.  If Conservatives, after witnessing Obama's regime for four years, still need to be convinced to vote for Romney ... then they ain't no Conservative. 

I say let Romney be Romney ..... let him speak from his heart filtered through his very sharp mind and wrapped in his desire to win.

Enough pandering!
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline Rapunzel

The conservatives are getting depressed and giving up on Romney... THAT is a dangerous thing for GOTV on November 6th and exactly what the media has been trying to do... Romney going soft on Obama to wine and dine the independents is losing him his base that wants to see him FIGHT and who think he has given up so why should they fight for him...  don't believe me, talk to friends of yours who are conservative and don't live in our little world here at GBR.... I have been, they are downtrodden right now.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline speekinout

Nonsense.  If Conservatives, after witnessing Obama's regime for four years, still need to be convinced to vote for Romney ... then they ain't no Conservative. 

I say let Romney be Romney ..... let him speak from his heart filtered through his very sharp mind and wrapped in his desire to win.

Enough pandering!

Conservatives aren't monolithic. Too many of them are working against Romney by saying that he isn't a true conservative or he's running a terrible campaign or he's just unappealing to independents. They might still vote against 0bama, but we need a cheering section for Romney. And that's what I think he's going to try for tonight.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

...Bob Dylan

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
I can understand that a bit...as a conservative man it does seem like the country doesn't want any part of me any longer - that I have become everything that is bad about America.  And as a result I feel like I don't really have a stake in the country we are becoming - that the country doesn't really want me, except as someone to tied to the whipping post, and I have no interest in that.  So it's a part of moving away, mentally, from the country you used to love but now it hates you.  It feels like those that hate the America you pledged your allegiance to have taken over the country in a self-destructive frenzy.

It will get worse, much worse, in a second Obama administration.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Okay I am going to try to watch and post my TV is my computer. lol.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Saltbag

My computer is nowhere near a TV, so I'm looking for a site online to watch this.  If anyone can find a link before I do, I would appreciate it.
"Any act of government must necessarily reduce? freedom" - Thomas Sowell

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf