Author Topic: WaPo Poll: Obama Pulling Ahead in Swing States  (Read 485 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
WaPo Poll: Obama Pulling Ahead in Swing States
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:49:05 AM »

WaPo Poll: Obama Pulling Ahead in Swing States

Monday, 01 Oct 2012 06:37 AM

By Martin Gould

Mitt Romney is holding his own nationally against President Barack Obama, but is slipping behind in the key swing states that will decide next month’s election, a new Washington Post/ABC News poll, released Monday.

While the two candidates for the White House are in a statistical dead heat when all likely voters are counted, the president has built up an 11-percentage point lead in the states which will really count, the Post reports.

Florida and Ohio are seen as particularly bad news for the Republican challenger, the paper says.

The two men are pouring millions into the swing states — the poll found that one-in-three voters there have heard directly from both campaigns — and Obama’s message seems to be resonating more, the Post reports.

However, ABC in its interpretation of the results, says that the Romney is starting to reach voters. “In late August, 31 percent of Obama’s supporters said they’d been contacted by his campaign, while just 18 percent of Romney’s backers said they’d heard from their candidate. Today Obama’s outreach number is essentially the same, while Romney’s has advanced, virtually to parity.”

Likely voters throughout the country give Obama a 49-47 percent lead, within the poll’s 3.5-point margin of error.

Support the USO
#NeverHillary  Not#NeverTrump

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
Re: WaPo Poll: Obama Pulling Ahead in Swing States
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 11:10:14 AM »
Consider the source ...
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: WaPo Poll: Obama Pulling Ahead in Swing States
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 11:57:30 AM »
Look at the internals. People mostly agree with Romney on the issues but are voting for Obama? Something does not pass the smell test here

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo