Author Topic: Hundreds of thousands of war vets still waiting for health benefits  (Read 1341 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/29/health/delayed-veterans-benefits/index.html

Hundreds of thousands of war vets still waiting for health benefits
By Randi Kaye and Scott Bronstein, CNN
updated 4:56 PM EDT, Sun September 30, 2012

Phoenix (CNN) -- Mike Rioux can't go to the grocery store without making a list, even for a single item.

He can't drive without gripping the steering wheel so hard his knuckles turn white. And he can't stand any longer than 30 minutes because of severe back pain.

This is Rioux's life after Afghanistan, where firefights and a roadside bomb blast left him with a traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder.

His ears still ring from the explosions. He suffers from vertigo, headaches, insomnia and nightmares. He has terrible anxiety, evident in an interview with CNN -- Rioux could hardly sit still, and his memory loss and inability to concentrate meant questions had to be repeated at times.

"I need to discover who I am again," he said.

As a staff sergeant in the U.S. Army, Rioux most recently was deployed in 2010 to one of the most dangerous spots in Afghanistan. There he survived firefights and blasts and witnessed much carnage in Paktia province, near the volatile Afghan-Pakistan border.

snip
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Re: Hundreds of thousands of war vets still waiting for health benefits
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 02:34:43 am »
And in semi-related news:

VA employees turned Orlando conferences into taxpayer funded vacations

http://www.washingtonguardian.com/va-vacation

I can feel this guys pain. I've been working on my disability claim for years. There's always some little pr*ck at the VA who is ready to deny everything, yet they feel they should have a good time on our dime.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Hundreds of thousands of war vets still waiting for health benefits
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 02:46:40 am »
His ears still ring from the explosions. He suffers from vertigo, headaches, insomnia and nightmares.

How sad. Vertigo is the worst feeling in the world it is like a panic attack if you don't know what is happening. It is frightening beyond words as you think you could be having a stroke and nothing stops it. If you close your eyes it is far worse.

For this alone this poor man should get anything and everything he deserves.

Screw Obama to hell and his fugly fat bottomed wife that fake acts she cares about military problems.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?