Author Topic: Wow, That Was Fast! (US Partners Again With Afghans Who Kill Us)  (Read 1358 times)

famousdayandyear

Wow, That Was Fast! (US Partners Again With Afghans Who Kill Us)
« on: September 28, 2012, 04:04:35 pm »
Wow, That Was Fast!

Stars & Stripes reports that “partnered operatons” between NATO and Afghanistan troops have resumed after a respite of a few days in reaction to “green-on-blue attacks” in the last several months.

“We needed buy-in from our Afghan partners that they take this threat as seriously as we do,” [Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey] said.

Dempsey, recently back from a trip to Afghanistan, said he believes Afghans do take the threat very seriously.

So, Afghans weren’t taking the attacks seriously three weeks ago, but they are now?

In mid-2009, Panetta said, “Afghanistan faced a real prospect that the Taliban would overtake the country. … I think there was a real risk that the mission in Afghanistan might very well fail.”

But now, he said, the situation is “considerably different and improved.”

That’s simply amazing that in the space of few days attitudes have been changed 180 degrees. No, what’s really amazing is that Panetta and Demspey think that we’re buying this horseshit. It was just last week that Dempsey and Panetta were blaming our own troops and their insensitivity to Afghan culture for the attacks and now suddenly everything is fine again. Well, until the next sneak attack.

http://thisainthell.us/

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Wow, That Was Fast! (US Partners Again With Afghans Who Kill Us)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 06:41:24 pm »
I don't think Obama cares and I don't think the Secretary of Defense cares, either.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 06:44:51 pm »
But of course the Israelis are still being ostracized.

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 01:39:13 am »
Panetta is lost. He has no freaking idea of what needs to be done.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.