Author Topic:  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« on: September 26, 2012, 11:51:59 PM »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »
Not only is there no evidence fracking is a public health problem, new technology may make the gas drilling process even safer by replacing water with CO2, thus decreasing the possibility of  trucks spilling waste water into streams.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline ladybug

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 12:23:01 AM »
Just hear the name Matt Damon and you know any movie he's in is on the lunitic fringe left hate America.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 12:34:32 AM »
Just hear the name Matt Damon and you know any movie he's in is on the lunitic fringe left hate America.

Yep... and he and his compadres's don't care that the rest of us are spending a fortune on food and fuel because of their environmental stupidity... they have no concept of cost of living.  The other night I was watching the first Die Hard movie... want to guess what a gallon of fuel at a Shell station in downtown L.A. cost then???

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 05:18:34 PM »
Buck and a quarter, I'll bet.   :pondering:

Californians have done that to themselves with all these special mixtures, but at least they've had the sense to allow some off-shore drilling.  I hope a Romney Presidency will allow for safe drilling rigs off the coast of the Carolinas and Virginia (with Gov. McDonnell's cooperation)...MUD

Nope.. Seventy Five Cents a gallon at a SHELL station in downtown LA (the suburbs would have been as much as ten cents less)  so in 1988 fuel was around .70  - .75 cents a gallon..  talk about inflation!

Offline ladybug

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 02:44:45 PM »
I used to hand my daughter a 5 dollar bill and say fill up the tank. And the tank held 30 gallons.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 08:14:45 PM »
I used to hand my daughter a 5 dollar bill and say fill up the tank. And the tank held 30 gallons.
Yes, I remember those days. I also remember when gas hit 99.9 and we were so appalled and outraged.

Thank goodness for the Kroger discounts - I was able to pay .20 per gallon less than the posted price today, so it was only $3.59 today.   8888crybaby
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf