Author Topic: WaPo poll: Obama leads in Virginia  (Read 1469 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
WaPo poll: Obama leads in Virginia
« on: September 18, 2012, 01:13:54 PM »

Support the USO

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: WaPo poll: Obama leads in Virginia
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
Pure push polling garbage. Virgina registration is 39  GOP-36 Democrat. This polls sample is 32 Dem 24 GOP

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/polling/obama-leads-romney-virginia-washington-post/2012/09/18/fc0bc590-01ad-11e2-bbf0-e33b4ee2f0e8_page.html

Online Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 12:19:18 PM »
This poll is pure  :bsflag:

We in Virginia will send Allen back to the Senate and Romney to the WH!
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 12:33:14 PM »
I sure hope youse guys are right.
I tend to believe Virginia will go for the pubbies but this constant barrage of bogus polls does take its toll.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online aligncare

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 12:46:27 PM »

No, R_I_V, these polls are supposed to have us cowering in the corner babbling woe is us, Romney's a loser.  Nice try, WaPo; your man's going down.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 12:59:18 PM »
I think Virginia may well be Romney's toughest hurdle, for several reasons:

1. The government workers within an hour of DC are fat and happy, and so are the small businesses that cater to them.  This fact was driven home to me when I went to Fairfax to pick up a car from a car dealer a few weeks ago.  It was a BMW dealership.  The salesperson told me that in his estimation about 70 percent of his customers and colleagues would be voting for Obama.  And this guy is no liberal.
2. A lot of the registered Republicans in VA are government workers.
3. The Dem turnout will be higher there than in other places by virtue of the high number of government workers.

It basically comes down to beltway turnout versus the rest of the state, but most of the the growth in the state has been government growth, so it's problematic.  I think it will actually be a tougher nut for Romney to crack than Ohio.  Not impossible -- it's still a southern state with southern roots -- but way tougher than North Carolina and I think tougher than Ohio.

"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 01:59:51 PM »

1. The government workers within an hour of DC are fat and happy, and so are the small businesses that cater to them.  This fact was driven home to me when I went to Fairfax to pick up a car from a car dealer a few weeks ago.  It was a BMW dealership.  The salesperson told me that in his estimation about 70 percent of his customers and colleagues would be voting for Obama.  And this guy is no liberal.
3. The Dem turnout will be higher there than in other places by virtue of the high number of government workers.

It basically comes down to beltway turnout versus the rest of the state, but most of the the growth in the state has been government growth, so it's problematic.  I think it will actually be a tougher nut for Romney to crack than Ohio.  Not impossible -- it's still a southern state with southern roots -- but way tougher than North Carolina and I think tougher than Ohio.
NORVA is indeed THE problem. Somehow we will have to convince those people that their vote day is Nov 7th.

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 02:04:09 PM »
Government workers are NOT going to have a problem under Romney. Of course, they don't know that and I don't know how to convince them of that but it's one of the issues that Romney will have to make clear in the debates.
All these ads are fodder, I don't think anyone is listening.
The debates will be Romney's defining moment and will determine if he will win or lose the election.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 02:38:37 PM »
"She only coughs when she lies."

Online Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 07:11:08 PM »
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline evadR˛

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 10:49:23 PM »
If he makes it TOO clear anywhere but Virginia, it could cost him every other battleground state.
Yes. It's a fine line.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 11:27:01 PM »

Online Frank Cannon

• Frank Cannon: "I need a drink."
    • Bum Wine
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 11:37:55 PM »

Your missing one key, and I mean hugely key point in your tally. The Regime is decimating US defense and VA is going to take the brunt of that focused slashing. You think those guys are happy with the Regime these days?

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 11:40:44 PM »
Your missing one key, and I mean hugely key point in your tally. The Regime is decimating US defense and VA is going to take the brunt of that focused slashing. You think those guys are happy with the Regime these days?

Possibly.  But DC/NOVA is still full of plenty of other non-defense civil servants, and some of the defense civil servants may be moved to other agencies.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf