Author Topic: The Beatles' Albums: 1963-1965  (Read 10755 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: The Beatles' Albums: 1963-1965
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2012, 10:52:34 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2012, 02:27:17 am »

Online DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2012, 01:51:51 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2012, 01:24:59 am »

Online DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2012, 01:56:50 am »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:01:31 am by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2012, 02:02:47 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96YQdiMV-Jc&feature=related

A great slide show of the Hollywood starlets of days gone bye.

Audrey Hepburn is outrageous!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2012, 02:11:07 am »
Some of my personal favorites from this era are: You Can't Do That, Slow Down, A Hard Day's Night, You've Really Got A Hold On Me, It Won't Be Long, When I Get Home, I Feel Fine, I Don't Want To Spoil The Party, Youve Got To Hide Your Love Away, Ticket To Ride, She's A Woman, Day Tripper....whew, pant, pant...and pretty much everything on Rubber Soul.

I like I'm Down and Long Tall Sally too.  OK, I'll stop.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2012, 02:14:00 am »
Some of my personal favorites from this era are: You Can't Do That, Slow Down, A Hard Day's Night, You've Really Got A Hold On Me, It Won't Be Long, When I Get Home, I Feel Fine, I Don't Want To Spoil The Party, Youve Got To Hide Your Love Away, Ticket To Ride, She's A Woman, Day Tripper....whew, pant, pant...and pretty much everything on Rubber Soul.

I like I'm Down and Long Tall Sally too.  OK, I'll stop.

I'm pretty sure most of them are in here somewhere.  I had reached my limit and only links were showing up.  LOL!

Their harmonies were amazing. 

"No reply" with the speakers up is incredible.   :beer:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2012, 02:23:06 am »
No Reply is probably the first showing of the influence of Dylan on John.

Roll On John*

*(last song on Dylan's new album)

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2012, 02:24:54 am »

Online Allegra

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2012, 02:49:11 am »
My parents' favorite Beatles albums were "Rubber Soul" and "Revolver" and that was among the many different types of stuff we heard growing up.

But they hated it when I blasted my "Who's Next" album from my room when I was a teenager.  Go figure.   :shrug:
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2012, 03:08:03 am »
Who's Next is a great album.  Lots of great work on it...Love Ain't For Keeping is a particular favorite of mine, along of course with Bargain and Behind Blue Eyes.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2012, 03:10:03 am »

...Bob Dylan