« on: September 17, 2012, 04:02:39 PM »

Support the USO

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »
Pew Research Center.

:silly:

Offline speekinout

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 04:13:01 PM »
Meanwhile, 45 percent of those polled said they approved of the president's handling of the situation, versus 36 percent who disapproved.

This is very hard to believe. These people must not know much about "the situation". I cannot think of one way 0bama handled that situation even marginally competently - not before, not during, and not after. Is there something the gov't is putting in our water? Are we all getting Kool-aid through our water faucets???

:shrug:

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »
No it not. It just tells you the split. They polled 45% Democrats 36% Republicans  and still could not get a 50% approval number for Obama.

In order words support for Obama is the same he gets in the national polls. Nothing newsworthy here just more of the usual DNC spin

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 04:17:34 PM »
No it not. It just tells you the split. They polled 45% Democrats 36% Republicans  and still could not get a 50% approval number for Obama.

In order words support for Obama is the same he gets in the national polls. Nothing newsworthy here just more of the usual DNC spin

Good point.  It's really great having folks here who can read between the lines on polls so effectively.

Offline collins

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 04:20:04 PM »
Another propaganda-driven "poll" for their messiah. And they're STILL doing that overpolling of Democrats I see . . . you can't tell me that the average vote cares more about what Mitt Romney said than what Barack Obama did, Pew sucks.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 04:32:54 PM »
The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted Sept. 13-16 among 1,001 adults

Here another example of why this is junk polling. The Media LOVES "any adult" polls because most of the respondents are not actually paying attention. Any adult polls will always follow the current media narrative because uninformed respondents almost always merely repeat the latest head line or new blurb they heard to the pollster.

These polls always reflect what ever the current media narrative is. So the media uses a junk polling technique to generate a per-determined result.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 04:46:25 PM »
The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted Sept. 13-16 among 1,001 adults

Here another example of why this is junk polling. The Media LOVES "any adult" polls because most of the respondents are not actually paying attention. Any adult polls will always follow the current media narrative because uninformed respondents almost always merely repeat the latest head line or new blurb they heard to the pollster.

These polls always reflect what ever the current media narrative is. So the media uses a junk polling technique to generate a per-determined result.

You are now our official polling expert...lol

Support the USO

Offline speekinout

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 04:51:49 PM »

Thanks. I suppose I should have figured it out. The article said that only 43% were following the story, so it shouldn't be a shock when 45% approve of 0bama. That's probably the same 45% that are Dims. I suppose that's also the audience for network tv.
Are there any polls you trust?

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 04:55:34 PM »
Rassmussen is about the only one I take seriously.

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 05:29:58 PM »

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

I've been trying to make this point for a while now!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf