Author Topic: Why Did I Say the Chicago Teachers Strike is Tailor-Made for Obama?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Why Did I Say the Chicago Teachers Strike is Tailor-Made for Obama?
September 11, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

snip

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: This is Steve in Lewes, Delaware. You're on the EIB Network. Hello, sir.

CALLER: Hey, Rush. Thanks for taking my call.

RUSH: You bet, sir!

CALLER: I'd like to take a crack at why you threw out that speculation regarding Obama and the Chicago teacher strike.

RUSH: Okay.

CALLER: I am guessing that -- and you know that the Democrats monitor everything you say.

RUSH: Oh, that's right. Yeah.

CALLER: Democrats also know that you have a huge audience --

RUSH: That's correct.

CALLER: -- and that much of what you say ends up elsewhere on various networks. I'm speculating. I think why you're saying that is because you're actually preventing them from carrying it out.

RUSH: Shhhhhh! Shhh!

CALLER: I'm saying that you are absolutely right. I think they had that in mind.

RUSH: Shhh! Shhh! Shhh! Shhh!

CALLER: By your speculation, your putting that out there, you're keeping them from doing it because what they would have to do then would be to admit that you were right. It would be a feather in your cap.

RUSH: Well, I have to hand it to you. You nailed it. You nailed it! It took us two hours and 45 minutes, but we got somebody who knows the game.

CALLER: Rush, I have to tell you that as soon as you threw that out there and made that challenge, I knew exactly why you were doing it. If you know the liberal mind -- and it's not too hard to figure out; it's a pretty simple thing -- it was an easy answer.

RUSH: Exactly right. By accusing Obama of interceding, by politicizing the teachers' strike in Chicago, my attempt is to make it very difficult for him to do it because then it makes me look brilliant. It makes me look brilliant, which they don't want to do.

CALLER: Bingo.

RUSH: The last thing they want is for people to say, "Limbaugh called it!" The last thing they want to be said is, "Limbaugh said you would do this," and so they don't do it.

CALLER: (laughing) Absolutely right.

RUSH: You got it. You got it. But the media will never figure this out (even though I've just explained it) because they don't listen. They'll get this from somewhere else. This won't be reported.

CALLER: Yep.

RUSH: Okay. Door number one, door number two, door number three? Behind one is a new (well, soon to be old) iPhone 4S. The iPad 3 is the latest one, engraved. Or a MacBook Pro 15-inch Retina display. Door number one, door number two, door number three? You pick a door and I'll give you whatever is behind the door.

CALLER: I'd like the door that has the iPad behind it. Number two.

RUSH: Number two?

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH: That happens to be the iPad!

CALLER: Well, how about that?

RUSH: I mentioned them in order: "Door one, door two, door three?"

CALLER: (laughing)

RUSH: So do you want black or white?

CALLER: Black.

RUSH: Black?

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH: We've got black back there. I'm going to send Brian back there. I want to make sure we've got black. If we don't, you have no choice. You'll get white.

CALLER: I'll take white! (chuckles)

RUSH: But the black one, it's going to be Verizon or AT&T. That's the LTE cellular. That's optional. You don't have to hook that up with an iPad. It's not a contract situation. It's month-to-month that you can cancel anytime, and that's totally up to you. But it's Wi-Fi, and it's fully loaded otherwise.

CALLER: Good.

RUSH: So hang on and Snerdley will get your FedEx address and we'll get it out to you and you'll have it tomorrow.

END TRANSCRIPT

full transcript at:  http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/09/11/why_did_i_say_the_chicago_teachers_strike_is_tailor_made_for_obama
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald