Author Topic: Rasmussen on the Missouri Senate race  (Read 1102 times)

Offline pjohns

Rasmussen on the Missouri Senate race
« on: September 11, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »
Some on the left continue to fervently insist that Rasmussen's polls are biased in favor of the Republican candidate.

It is a charge that strikes me as downright absurd.

The Senate race in Missouri is an excellent case in point.

The (unabashedly) pro-Democratic polling group, Public Policy Polling, has Claire McCaskill (D) up by just one percentage point, over her opponent, Todd Akin (R); the latter of whom stuck his foot in his mouth recently, with his silly words about "legitimate rape."

However, Rasmussen has McCaskill up by all of 10 percentage points; which is a wider margin for the Democrat than in any of the other polls shown in RealClearPolitics. 

Here is the link:  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/mo/missouri_senate_akin_vs_mccaskill-2079.html

Offline oliviasdad

• Members
Re: Rasmussen on the Missouri Senate race
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 02:08:13 AM »
Some on the left continue to fervently insist that Rasmussen's polls are biased in favor of the Republican candidate.

It is a charge that strikes me as downright absurd.

The Senate race in Missouri is an excellent case in point.

The (unabashedly) pro-Democratic polling group, Public Policy Polling, has Claire McCaskill (D) up by just one percentage point, over her opponent, Todd Akin (R); the latter of whom stuck his foot in his mouth recently, with his silly words about "legitimate rape."

However, Rasmussen has McCaskill up by all of 10 percentage points; which is a wider margin for the Democrat than in any of the other polls shown in RealClearPolitics. 

Here is the link:  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/mo/missouri_senate_akin_vs_mccaskill-2079.html

Offline oliviasdad

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 02:09:59 AM »
I'm still thinking that Akin might pull this out.    People were very upset and angry when he first "put his foot in his mouth", but now, they are starting to cool down.   I'm thinking, when they go into that voting booth, they will NOT be able to vote for McCaskill.

Offline raml

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 02:42:46 AM »
I live here in Missouri and I also think he may pull it out many of us will not be able to vote for McCaskill no matter what and I have heard many say they are just going straight republican so they don't have to really think about who they are voting for. I absentee vote so I will have to fill in for Aiken but I am not all that upset about what he said it was stupid but everyone makes mistakes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf