Author Topic: Art Modell, Influential N.F.L. Owner but Not Always Beloved One, Dies at 87  (Read 633 times)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Offline Allegra

Re: Art Modell, Influential N.F.L. Owner but Not Always Beloved One, Dies at 87
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 09:58:15 PM »
There was a moment of silence for Mr. Modell before the Houston Texans kickoff today.  I heard a couple of loud boos during that and figured it was from Cleveland transplants.  We have a few of 'em here.
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 10:05:27 PM »
He was a very controversial figure and is still widely hated in Cleveland for moving the Browns to B-More, and I say that as a lifelong fan of the Cleveland Browns.  I know people who are having "Modell's in Hell" parties this weekend....

That said, Art Modell deserves a place in the Football Hall of Fame.  He did more to promote professional football, and Monday Night Football in particular, than anyone else in the Sport. 

Rest...

Offline Allegra

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »
He was a very controversial figure and is still widely hated in Cleveland for moving the Browns to B-More, and I say that as a lifelong fan of the Cleveland Browns.  I know people who are having "Modell's in Hell" parties this weekend....

That said, Art Modell deserves a place in the Football Hall of Fame.  He did more to promote professional football, and Monday Night Football in particular, than anyone else in the Sport. 

Rest...

I hope we can be as classy as you're being when Bud Adams' time comes.  He's not well-loved in Houston for very similar reasons, but he, like Modell was instrumental in the NFL with his part in establishing the old AFL which is now the AFC.

The "Modell's in Hell" stuff is tacky and over the top, IMO.
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf