Author Topic: Wells Fargo Mistakenly Cleans Out Retired Couple's Home ... Twice  (Read 1154 times)

Offline KeyserSoze

• How much of my money should I be allowed to keep?
Wells Fargo Mistakenly Cleans Out Retired Couple's Home ... Twice
« on: September 09, 2012, 07:52:58 pm »
Alvin and Pat Tjosaas, a retired couple in Woodland Hills, Calif., had the bad luck of having their home mistaken for a neighboring foreclosed home and being cleared by contractors hired by Wells Fargo -- not once but twice.
A retired bricklayer, Alvin Tjosaas, 77, was the caretaker of his late parents' two-bedroom home in Twentynine Palms, about 200 miles east of his home in Woodland Hills, north of Los Angeles. He is a part owner of the home with his sisters.

Alvin Tjosaas visited the home every four to five months, he said, for maintenance and to work on hobbies in the garage.

<snip> <snip> <snip>

The Tjosaas home had actually never had a mortgage or lien on it because it was paid for in cash as it was being built about 50 years ago.

http://news.yahoo.com/wells-fargo-mistakenly-cleans-retired-couples-home-twice-192508841--abc-news-topstories.html
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 07:54:33 pm by KeyserSoze »
I'll believe liberals are sentient when Obama starts attacking them with drones.

Oceander

Re: Wells Fargo Mistakenly Cleans Out Retired Couple's Home ... Twice
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 12:13:02 am »
The article said the contractors used a satellite photo and an address the bank had given them.  To me, that says they took the address, put it into Google maps, and just blindly followed Google's directions without question.  Anyone who's ever tried to find something like a personal residence on Google maps knows, or should know, that Google routinely gets the location off by several houses.