Author Topic: President Obama needs more than words to overcome problems  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Rapunzel

President Obama needs more than words to overcome problems
« on: September 07, 2012, 12:05:13 AM »

Offline R4 TrumPence

Re: President Obama needs more than words to overcome problems
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 10:05:33 PM »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:06:52 PM »
Obama's rhetorical skills cannot hold a candle to Ryan's speaking skills.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 10:31:56 PM »
I thought 0bama's speech played well to his base. The people in the audience were very moved by it all - cheering, crying, and all the other emotions he usually can elicit. He didn't do very well with the kind of people who think about what he said, but he did well with the ones who vote on emotional reactions.
2008 was an election for feeling good. If 0bama can make the emotional voters enthused again, he can win. Romney's best showing is with people who think about where we are, and use silly things like facts and history to decide what to do next.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »
I am still laughing that his speech was the 1980 Jimmy Carter speech recycled...   

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 10:38:55 PM »
I thought 0bama's speech played well to his base. The people in the audience were very moved by it all - cheering, crying, and all the other emotions he usually can elicit. He didn't do very well with the kind of people who think about what he said, but he did well with the ones who vote on emotional reactions.
2008 was an election for feeling good. If 0bama can make the emotional voters enthused again, he can win.

I don't think there are as many emotional voters as there were in 2008.  Hopefully, economic realities (or 4 years maturity) have set in for a good many of them.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 10:44:47 PM »

Offline speekinout

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 11:28:34 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 11:31:48 PM »
The Tea Party better find itself and get fired up........ and that may actually have to include getting Palin out there to help get them fired up... we need ALL hands on deck, hope Romney realizes that.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 12:23:41 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 12:24:46 AM »
No, not Palin. She still won't actually endorse Romney. The last thing he needs is half-hearted "at least he isn't 0bama" support.
He's much better off with ex-dims like Artur Davis, ex-Libertarians like Wayne Root, and maybe a few Black ministers and Jewish supporters of Israel.

I'm not clear why you think she hasn't endorsed him?  I see her on Fox all the time and all she is doing is talking that people need to get out and vote for Romney.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 12:32:29 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 12:34:38 AM »
Did she ever say she endorsed him? The last interviews I saw with her, she refused to answer the question. She has said that she thinks people should vote for Romney over 0bama, no question about that.
I would love to have a quote from her saying she endorsed Romney. That would help a whole lot in some of the discussions I've been having with semi-enlightened friends. If you even remember just which show she said that on, I could probably look it up.

I just keep hearing her say vote for Romney or this country is doomed...  maybe that is as close to an endorsement as Romney actually wants... remember he didn't have her at the convention (which I think was a mistake - but that is just my opinion.)

Offline speekinout

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 06:47:23 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 07:06:44 PM »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 08:05:36 PM »
Then why hasn't she expressly said she endorses Romney/Ryan?

Offline speekinout

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 11:44:24 PM »
Then why hasn't she expressly said she endorses Romney/Ryan?

:amen:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 11:52:28 PM »
She has.. the two of you just refuse to admit it... and back to my original statement... we are losing right now, the GOP needs the Tea Party if we stand a chance of winning in November and that includes getting the anti-Palin chip off everyone's shoulders... because like it or not the Tea Party does like her.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 12:13:09 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 12:21:49 AM »
You haven't been able to find any place where she's said it.  And she doesn't speak for all the Tea Party groups anyway. A lot of them are supporting financially conservative ideas only. She does not limit herself to those issues. The R/R campaign is strictly about the economy. They do not want to discuss 0bama's primary issues, nor do they want campaign surrogates doing it.

I'm glad of her help, where she chooses to give it, but she is not in tune with the R/R campaign.

Well in case you are following the articles post-convention the R/R campaign is dropping in the polls; they are re-running McCain 2008 and that is a losing proposition... all the momentum from naming Ryan is gone... some in the media are now outright mocking the campaign from the campaign plane (which is currently stuck on the ground due to mechanical issues)..  I want R/R to win, but they need to get tough and the clock is running out... heck Obama is downright cocky right now he is so confident he is going to be re-elected... and the swing states are falling more into his side since the convention...

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 08:50:55 AM »
The bottom line is this:  she has not endorsed Romney/Ryan.  I don't care how many times she says things that are in tune with what they're saying, I care that she hasn't come out and endorsed him - in that she is more like Paul than anything else.

Also, time is growing short, and if she waits until a week or two before the election then she is going to end up dumping all of her 2008 baggage on them when we least need it.

I am sorry, but for all the good she's done, she's also done a lot of unhelpful things; she appears, unfortunately, to be more interested in her ego and her adoring public than anything else.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf