Author Topic: Fact-Checking Barack Obama #DNCLies  (Read 996 times)

Offline AbaraXas

• Just a nobody
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Just a nobody
Fact-Checking Barack Obama #DNCLies
« on: September 06, 2012, 11:33:25 PM »
Let's examine.

- Obama raised payroll taxes

The White House report released this week — ahead of the vote in the Senate Wednesday to extend tax cuts for household income below $250,000 — does mention two years of payroll tax cuts that Obama pushed through in 2011 and 2012, but only when talking about how much money the president has saved American families ...

- In Obamacare alone there exist 20 new taxes, including taxes on medical device manufacturers and other small businesses.

- Obama introduced new taxes on cigarettes and tobacco shops

US News said Obama's taxes "punish" small businesses and Forbes recognized how his tax hikes hit the middle class.

Obama said of the auto industry:

I've worked with business leaders who are bringing jobs back to America – not because our workers make less pay, but because we make better products. Because we work harder and smarter than anyone else.

Except Obama ran Chrysler plants to Mexico and 61% is now owned by Italian company Fiat. GM is heading towards bankruptcy again and it's widely believe that the auto bailout was an utter failure.

Obama spoke against outsourcing, something he and his supporters have done quite a lot of these past several years:

After a decade of decline, this country created over half a million manufacturing jobs in the last two and a half years. And now you have a choice: we can give more tax breaks to corporations that ship jobs overseas, or we can start rewarding companies that open new plants and train new workers and create new jobs here, in the United States of America.

Obama's own jobs council is full of outsourcers. Obama himself sent our stimulus dollars overseas to create jobs, not in America, but for other countries.

As I've previously noted, Obama again tried to claim credit for the oil output on private and state-run lands in spite of him, not because of him:

In the last year alone, we cut oil imports by one million barrels a day – more than any administration in recent history. And today, the United States of America is less dependent on foreign oil than at any time in nearly two decades.

Oil output on federally-controlled land remained stagnant.

But unlike my opponent, I will not let oil companies write this country's energy plan, or endanger our coastlines, or collect another $4 billion in corporate welfare from our taxpayers.

Obama parrots the debunked narrative that oil companies receive subsidies like the $535 million he gave his fundraisers at Solyndra.

Subsidies for green energy have been literally just that: money handed to companies like Solyndra by the DOE's green energy program: $535 million of the public's dollars went to Solyndra, who promptly spent it on things like whistling robots. It wasn't just Solyndra; a host of other green companies received these subsidies. It's more than ironic, it's the height of ignorance to decry the false existence of oil subsidies while championing the very real existence of actual subsidies to green companies friendly to this administration.

Obama talks as though he's the savior of the middle class when his plans to bankrupt the coal industry would only make plentiful, inexpensive energy more expensive for those who can least afford it.

The President made an appeal for environmentalism, not conservation. One is a religion aimed at deconstructing the American free market system while the latter is an actual method of preserving our environment.

And yes, my plan will continue to reduce the carbon pollution that is heating our planet – because climate change is not a hoax. More droughts and floods and wildfires are not a joke. They're a threat to our children's future. And in this election, you can do something about it.

Much, much, much more here:
Never delude yourself into thinking you're "influencing" or making a difference on the internet. It is an ephemeral pleasure.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo