Author Topic: Michael Steele: RNC speakers self-centered  (Read 2613 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Michael Steele: RNC speakers self-centered
« on: August 31, 2012, 09:59:08 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Michael Steele: RNC speakers self-centered
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:02:41 AM »
Former RNC Chairman Michael Steele...

That's all the further you need to read folks.......

Moving on....

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:02:51 AM »
Did this fool even watch last night?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »
With the exception of the Ron Paul contingent, most Republicans and conservatives don't engage in hero worship. This is the Republican National Convention-- not just the Presidential Convention-- and this is an opportunity to showcase the party to the entire country. It's more than just Romney.

I think Eastwood said it best last night: we (the people) own this country. I know if I had the chance stand up and speak at the convention, I would've made one point:

"The past four years has seen the remarkable rise of a loose organization we have come to know as the Tea Party. Many of the people of this room owe their careers directly to them. To those watching at home, remember this: the Tea Party is you! Whether you're making your voice heard in peaceful protest, whether you're working to get like-minded people elected, or whether you're supporting the people and businesses that speak up in favor of our principles, you are a crucial role in this. It's not just about Mitt Romney. It's not just about Paul Ryan. The Tea Party chose the Republican Party as a whole as their vehicle for reforming America, and, let's be honest, it has required many of us in the party to reassess and reform our ways. We're listening."

Whether it's people like Rick Perry, Scott Walker and Chris Christie bringing their states into the realm of sanity... whether it's people who aren't in government like Herman Cain and Rush Limbaugh (and yes, even Mike Huckabee) articulating the things we need to do... whether it's the grass-roots activist who goes into his ballot box and votes, writes letters to the editor, or even talks politics on Facebook! The Republican Party and the conservative movement is not one person.

I think the speeches we have seen the past few weeks explained that beautifully.

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 10:28:47 AM »
That's all the further you need to read folks.......

Moving on....

Absolutely!

Worst permanent case of hoof in mouth disease ever recorded!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 01:56:11 PM »
I am so glad he is gone... MSNBC can have him!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 02:11:36 PM »
I listened on the radio to the leadup speakers, the ones before Eastwood, Rubio and Romney; about 1.5 hours worth.

Business partners, church friends, Olympians, Mass. government people. Very effective with me.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 02:13:55 PM »
I listened on the radio to the leadup speakers, the ones before Eastwood, Rubio and Romney; about 1.5 hours worth.

Business partners, church friends, Olympians, Mass. government people. Very effective with me.

It was excellent, but unless you tuned in to CSPAN you didn't see 75% of the convention, even FOX talked over most of the speakers.

Offline Queen

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 02:33:12 PM »
With the exception of the Ron Paul contingent, most Republicans and conservatives don't engage in hero worship. This is the Republican National Convention-- not just the Presidential Convention-- and this is an opportunity to showcase the party to the entire country. It's more than just Romney.

I think Eastwood said it best last night: we (the people) own this country. I know if I had the chance stand up and speak at the convention, I would've made one point:

"The past four years has seen the remarkable rise of a loose organization we have come to know as the Tea Party. Many of the people of this room owe their careers directly to them. To those watching at home, remember this: the Tea Party is you! Whether you're making your voice heard in peaceful protest, whether you're working to get like-minded people elected, or whether you're supporting the people and businesses that speak up in favor of our principles, you are a crucial role in this. It's not just about Mitt Romney. It's not just about Paul Ryan. The Tea Party chose the Republican Party as a whole as their vehicle for reforming America, and, let's be honest, it has required many of us in the party to reassess and reform our ways. We're listening."

Whether it's people like Rick Perry, Scott Walker and Chris Christie bringing their states into the realm of sanity... whether it's people who aren't in government like Herman Cain and Rush Limbaugh (and yes, even Mike Huckabee) articulating the things we need to do... whether it's the grass-roots activist who goes into his ballot box and votes, writes letters to the editor, or even talks politics on Facebook! The Republican Party and the conservative movement is not one person.

I think the speeches we have seen the past few weeks explained that beautifully.

Well stated. :amen:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 02:46:17 PM »

goopo
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 06:22:07 PM »
Was this interview done right before Steele went to his day job as a Wal Mart door greeter?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 06:23:21 PM »

Offline DRey

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 01:54:38 AM »
Don't go away mad, Mr. Steele; just go away.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 03:10:55 PM »
Don't go away mad, Mr. Steele; just go away.

:amen:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf