Author Topic: The Bigotry and Racism of MSNBC  (Read 1615 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Bigotry and Racism of MSNBC
« on: August 30, 2012, 10:31:21 pm »
The Bigotry and Racism of MSNBC

August 30, 2012
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I have enforced on this program a ban of any audio sound bites from MSNBC.  And as time goes on, that decision is justified more and more.  I mean, it really is becoming a sick and depraved place.  Now, I am not going to play any sound bites from this place, but I am gonna tell you about them. The singular focus of MSNBC for the past six days has been racism.  There's one subject that they're talking about:  racism.  The racism of Romney; the racism of Ryan; the racism of every speaker the convention; the racism of the Republican Party; the racism of every Republican and conservative.  It's all they're talking about.  It's laughably hilarious, except to them.

They are totally invested in it, and it reached a point yesterday of total absurdity.  Lawrence O'Donnell decided that he heard blatant racism in Mitch McConnell's speech to the convention.  Mitch McConnell made a reference to all the golf that Obama plays and said, making a lighthearted joke, something about the fact that he'd be better suited to be trying out for the PGA Tour.  To that, Lawrence O'Donnell at MSNBC, who was one of the writers of The West Wing, and, up until he started working at MSNBC, actually had a good reputation on the left.  It's like Chris Matthews once used to be a revered figure, a respected political analyst.  Now these people have lost it.  I mean, they're worse than in the tank.  Their minds have been corrupted.  They have actually become perverted.  It's as though there's a poison eating away brain cells.  They're becoming hysterical, nonsensical.

Lawrence O'Donnell accused Mitch McConnell of attempting to portray Barack Obama as an oversexed black man by kidding him about playing golf.  Tiger Woods.  You have to think Tiger Woods.  You have to believe, in order for this to work, when McConnell starts joking about Obama and golf, you have to think, "A-ha, so, they're trying to say Obama is just like Tiger, eh?  Black guy, plays golf.  Who's that?  Tiger Woods.  What's he?  Well, we all know Tiger's story.  Ergo, McConnell is trying to characterize Obama as this Tiger Woods type figure."  It makes no sense whatsoever.  It's embarrassing.

more at:  http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/08/30/the_bigotry_and_racism_of_msnbc

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Re: The Bigotry and Racism of MSNBC
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 01:31:16 am »
That nonsense about trying to convert the golf comment into some bizarre connection between Obama and Tiger Woods was just inane.  How can any even semi-self-respecting liberal be comfortable with that?

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 01:34:21 am »
Liberals always accuse the other side of doing what they actually are.  They are the most racist people out there, everything is filtered through the prism of race, and yet they always claim to be the most "tolerant" while the evil GOP are the racist, sexist, bigot, homophobes.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 11:44:50 am »
That nonsense about trying to convert the golf comment into some bizarre connection between Obama and Tiger Woods was just inane.  How can any even semi-self-respecting liberal be comfortable with that?
Really. There's just no comparison.  After all, Tiger is addicted to sex with skanky women.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 12:49:45 pm »
Liberals always accuse the other side of doing what they actually are.  They are the most racist people out there, everything is filtered through the prism of race, and yet they always claim to be the most "tolerant" while the evil GOP are the racist, sexist, bigot, homophobes.

It's why he made the stupid accusation.  He thought of it.  It is impossible for Lawrence O'Donnell or anyone like him to separate OPapaDoc from his race.  And why not?  OPapadoc's entire life is the consequence of his being propped up by liberals BECAUSE of his race.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 01:32:55 pm »

That is a simple yet profound statement of the TRUTH!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien