Author Topic: Convention Theme: It's About Love... or It's About Respect... But It's Not About Obama  (Read 952 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Convention Theme: It's About Love... or It's About Respect... But It's Not About Obama
August 29, 2012

LINK:  http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/08/29/convention_theme_it_s_about_love_or_it_s_about_respect_but_it_s_not_about_obama

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay, folks.  What do you want?  What do you want today?  Do you want me to tell you about media bias, outrageousness, unfairness, racism, and bigotry?  Do you want me to tell you how wonderful and fabulous and it was the best political wife speech ever?  Or do you want me to tell you how bad you thought it was?  Do you want me to tell you what a barnstorming, knock-down, drag-out, over-the-top, fabulous speech Chris Christie gave?  Or do you want me to tell you what a disappointment it was?  And do you want me to review all of the speakers with excerpts from each of their speeches with a top-down review?

Do you want to talk about the overall tone of the convention?  Do you want me to say, "My gosh, what a bunch of wimps.  Don't even have the guts to mention Obama's name.  Christie didn't have the guts to mention his name"?  Do you want me to tell you how this bunch seems to be afraid to be critical of a party that's destroying the country?  Or do you agree with the party, "No, we don't need to mention that because everybody already knows it and we're trying to attract swing voters, and they don't want to hear that stuff"?  Or do you want to not even talk about the convention?  (laughing)  No, it's not an option.  That's not an option.  (laughing)

The only thing that's fascinating about football to me is the New York Jets haven't scored a touchdown in the preseason.  For the first three games in the preseason, I don't know that that's ever happened. The Jets say that's okay, just wait 'til week one.  We're keeping it all in reserve.  He-he-he-he-he.  Don't want to peak too soon.

Little League World Series.  You know what, I got a note from a friend -- I gotta mention this before I forget it. I got a note from a friend so upset over the chickification of the news, chickification of the culture.  Apparently in a Little League World Series, a pitcher hit a batter with a pitch and went to home plate and apologized.  Now, when I was growing up, there was the Bob Gibson rule.  When you hit 'em in the head, you throw inside again to show them you meant to hit them.  That's the way I grew up, baseball.  You hit somebody, and then you throw inside again to let 'em know it was on purpose.  To hell what the empire said.  Then I was told -- this I don't believe. If this is true, folks, it's over, doesn't matter what's happening at the convention.

more at above link....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald