Author Topic: FACT CHECK: CONVENTION SPEAKERS STRAY FROM REALITY ( AP alert)  (Read 3587 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline R4 TrumPence

Re: FACT CHECK: CONVENTION SPEAKERS STRAY FROM REALITY ( AP alert)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 02:27:02 AM »
You think they will do this for the Dem convention??  /s

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline BLC

• True Blue Liberty
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 02:47:15 AM »

Online jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 07:02:59 AM »
This isn't fact-checking, it's "well... well... they did it too!" Most of those statements are, at their heart, true.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 09:04:01 AM »
RYAN: Said Obama misled people in Ryan's hometown of Janesville, Wis., by making them think a General Motors plant there threatened with closure could be saved. "A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: `I believe that if our government is there to support you . this plant will be here for another hundred years.' That's what he said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn't last another year."

THE FACTS: The plant halted production in December 2008, weeks before Obama took office and well before he enacted a more robust auto industry bailout that rescued GM and Chrysler and allowed the majority of their plants - though not the Janesville facility - to stay in operation. Ryan himself voted for an auto bailout under President George W. Bush that was designed to help GM, but he was a vocal critic of the one pushed through by Obama that has been widely credited with revitalizing both GM and Chrysler.
Ari Fleischer tweeted that Ryan got his facts right about this, citing this Milwaukee Journal article.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf