Author Topic: Robert Gibbs: ‘Angry’ night ‘full of insults’  (Read 855 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Robert Gibbs: ‘Angry’ night ‘full of insults’
« on: August 29, 2012, 08:33:58 AM »

Robert Gibbs: ‘Angry’ night ‘full of insults’
By: Kevin Cirilli
August 29, 2012 12:06 AM EDT

In Tampa to lead the pushback for President Barack Obama’s campaign, top adviser Robert Gibbs said Tuesday that the first night of the Republican National Convention was “angry” and “strange” and “full of insults.”

“I’m kind of flabbergasted at the whole night,” Gibbs said on MSNBC after Gov. Chris Christie’s keynote speech. “It seemed first and foremost like this was a very angry convention tonight full of insults.”

He said that the night’s speakers, including House Speaker John Boehner, did not capture the struggles most Americans — particularly women — are facing.

“It bore just no real resemblance to what’s going on in their party. It bore no real resemblance to what’s going on in the country. I think it was a very, very strange night,” he said, later adding, “The night was sort of highlighted by lots of anger and lots of insults.”

Gibbs watched the speeches from inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum.

”I was in the convention. And I think folks were a little surprised, they did a few double takes but they were quite cordial,” he said with a laugh.

Support the USO
#NeverHillary  Not#NeverTrump

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
Re: Robert Gibbs: ‘Angry’ night ‘full of insults’
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:14:42 AM »
Hmmm.  Someone was either indulging in some really powerful, illegal, narcotics, or else he's just lying through his teeth.
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Offline Chieftain

• Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 09:26:51 AM »
Nice to see Gibbsy can still spout that same old line of bullshit. 

The fact is the Democrats entire strategy is to be offended that the Republicans are even running against Hussein.  They are not defending the policies of the last four years as successful, they are out demonizing the opposition for even existing and daring to challenge Obama in any way. 

Offline billva

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 10:07:40 AM »
He's with MSNBC, reality, objectivity and truth don't have much of a place with that cesspool of a network.

Offline BLC

• True Blue Liberty
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 11:03:05 AM »
He called that an angry night full on insults?  Really?  I thought it was tame and not nearly energizing enough.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo