Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 10:10:10 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 10:21:30 AM »
My money?  Governor Rick Perry.  He has an alpha male presence and is an excellent speaker with prepared material.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 10:40:59 AM »
If it's Sarah that would do the trick!

Obama would be TOAST!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 10:44:45 AM »
Rush is a great speaker..but is he too polarizing?

Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 10:59:39 AM »
Glenn Beck's sidekicks are talking about this (he's off sick, but they're joking he may not really be sick, just preparing to be Thursday's mystery speaker). Names tossed around have included Clint Eastwood, Gen. Petraeus, Nancy Reagan, Billy Graham (via satellite, of course) or Franklin Graham, Ted Nugent, Jon Voight, Kelsey Grammer and a partridge in a pear tree.  No, wait, I added that last one.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 02:43:35 PM »
My money?  Governor Rick Perry. 

I don't think so. Perry would have been added to the lineup like anyone else. To big Perry fans, him being the mystery speaker would have been an OMG moment, but for the rest of us - not so much.

Somebody mentioned Rush Limbaugh. Now there is a possibility. Remember, Rush does not endorse candidates in an election, although he uses his show obviously to promote the Republican after the Primary. Could he break new ground on the Romney/Ryan ticket and endorse them at the RNC?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 02:49:42 PM »
Glenn Beck's sidekicks are talking about this (he's off sick, but they're joking he may not really be sick, just preparing to be Thursday's mystery speaker).

You may have something. I missed that part of the show. I was just thinking it was his dumb luck to get sick during the convention. But knowing Beck he would drag his body in this week, if his legs were cut off by a train.
You are also aware Beck is planning something Big in Ohio in September  to rally the troops to win that key state for Romney/Ryan.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 02:53:42 PM »
I would be willing to put Vegas money that it is Palin.

It isn't Rush...he just said it isn't him.

It's Palin.  She's a team player and she'll give a big grass roots boost to the ticket and she'll cause Democrat/media heads to explode like they were on True Blood.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 03:10:24 PM »
It's Joe Biden!! :silly: :silly:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »
Jim Robinson

Never mind, what was I thinking?

I'll put $100 on Beck, $80 on Palin, and just in case Rush is pulling a fast one I'll let his $10 ride.

Really, I will be doing cartwheels if it was any of them.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Some thought it wouldn't be Palin simply because she would draw too much attention from Romney.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 03:12:28 PM »
Joe!

Was wondering where he disappeared to...I just assumed he was out repairing the seawall in NoLa.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »
Some thought it wouldn't be Palin simply because she would draw too much attention from Romney.

I don't think it would do that, I think it'd give a charge to his campaign, fire up the troops and be something the MSM couldn't ignore...so they'll have to get snarky, which will annoy everyone.  She'll get inside the Democrat/media heads and take up residence there.  Explosions everywhere.

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 03:18:20 PM »
I'm thinking Clint Eastwood.  He's not polarizing and he is universally liked.  He's an icon.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline speekinout

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 03:47:33 PM »
I don't think it will be any of the GOP names, because any of those could have brought more buzz by being announced ahead of time. It has to be someone none of us would guess, but would be popular with the public in general, particularly independents.

Maybe billy clintoon?  :silly:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 03:51:13 PM »
Myst, it won't be Bill Clinton but you may not be far off the mark.  They would want to keep an aisle-crossing democrat's identity under wraps.  It would relieve some pressure from the individual and keep the other camp and the media from spinning it excessively.

Big hmmmmm.   :pondering:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 03:52:20 PM »
Joe Lieberman?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »
Joe Lieberman?
Now there's a dynamic speaker!   :thud:
 :laugh:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 03:55:49 PM »
Or, on another tack entirely... Dubya himself!?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 03:56:46 PM »
Now there's a dynamic speaker!   :thud:
 :laugh:

You got that right... but it would shake up the Dems, even if he is an "Independent".

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 03:58:01 PM »
The rap on Dubya is that no one - supposedly - wants to be reminded of his allegedly awful administration. That's what the guys on Glenn Beck's show said. Looking forward, and all that.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »
Who would be today's Zell Miller?

Offline speekinout

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 04:12:49 PM »
Not Dubya. It has to be someone who is already well known and liked, and who wouldn't be expected to actively campaign for the GOP ticket. He's controversial, and it would be no surprise that he supports Romney.
Are there any popular Dims who are female, half black and half hispanic?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf