Author Topic: Missouri delegates angry at Mitt Romney over Todd Akin  (Read 2208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Missouri delegates angry at Mitt Romney over Todd Akin
« on: August 27, 2012, 03:07:47 PM »

Support the USO

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
Re: Missouri delegates angry at Mitt Romney over Todd Akin
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »
The underlying problem for the GOP is that Akins' position is the same as the GOP platform; eg. forces a raped woman to give birth as the result of the rape.

I contend that is NOT a majority position of American voters, and that will get plenty of airtime, throughout the campaign.

I personally agree with Romney, that an exception is correct policy for rape and incest.

Instead of staying focused like a laser beam on the economy, Akins' stupidity lets the media and dems take control of the GOP agenda, and puts it squarely on social issues.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline speekinout

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 04:31:22 PM »
The Akin problem is not about whether abortion is legal; it's about his stupid statement that a woman can't get pregnant from a "legitimate" rape. That really does demean any woman who did get pregnant as a result of rape.
But the bigger problem is that he's made abortion a major issue in the campaign. It should be way down the list of what people care about this year.

Offline evadR²

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »
I agree totally with the people of Missouri. They don't need Romney or any of the other nose bleeders telling them what to do in their state.
On the positive side, to my knowledge, Romney hasn't said any more about it so my guess is he realizes it was a mistake on his part to get involved.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 05:02:26 PM »

But the bigger problem is that he's made abortion a major issue in the campaign. It should be way down the list of what people care about this year.
[p]
It is way down the list. It is a sign of how desperate the Democrats are for any issue to divert attention off their complete failure of the last 4 years that they are trying to make it an issue. Historically candidates that focus on social issues and ignore economic issues fail miserably on election day. It is a huge mistake for the Dems to make this an all about Abortion election

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 05:04:30 PM »
[p]
It is way down the list. It is a sign of how desperate the Democrats are for any issue to divert attention off their complete failure of the last 4 years that they are trying to make it an issue. Historically candidates that focus on social issues and ignore economic issues fail miserably on election day. It is a huge mistake for the Dems to make this an all about Abortion election

Chris Cleiza (sp) told Megan Kelly this morning that the Dems obsession with birth control and abortion is hurting Obama badly in Ohio.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 05:07:18 PM »
[quote}
Instead of staying focused like a laser beam on the economy, Akins' stupidity lets the media and dems take control of the GOP agenda, and puts it squarely on social issues.
[/quote]

No it doesn't. What has happened is the "batter conservative media" has yet again allowed the Democrat propaganda machine to set the story line. If they would quit obsessing about Akin and get back on message, this story would go away.  The Conservatives are the ones keeping this story alive with their daily beating of a dead horse.

Really stupid politics but then that is the norm for the national conservative movement. They so desperately eager for the Leftist media to like them they always mindlessly regurgitate the latest Democrat propaganda machine attack lines

Offline evadR²

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 05:27:07 PM »
RUMMY RULES
Rummy Rule #1--Never accept the opponent's premise.
Rummy Rule #2--Always remember Rule #1.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »
[p]

Agree that the Dims are doing it because they are desperate. But the GOP shouldn't play into their hands by agreeing to make it an issue. R&R aren't doing that, but Akin, and a few of his supporters like Huckabee, are going along with it. And the media is very happy to make it a headline issue.

Offline evadR²

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »
Agree that the Dims are doing it because they are desperate. But the GOP shouldn't play into their hands by agreeing to make it an issue. R&R aren't doing that, but Akin, and a few of his supporters like Huckabee, are going along with it. And the media is very happy to make it a headline issue.
Clue me in on that one please. All I know that Akin has said is that he thinks outsiders should mind their own business and he isn't going to quit.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 10:10:35 PM »
Clue me in on that one please. All I know that Akin has said is that he thinks outsiders should mind their own business and he isn't going to quit.

Sorry, I don't know what you missed. I think it's pretty clear that the dims & the media will insist that all of the GOP have the same abortion position that Akin does (i.e.., a woman can't get pregnant from a "legitimate" rape), and as long as he's in a race, the rest of the GOP candidates will have to spend time denying that, and then getting trapped into having to discuss abortion in cases of rape, incest, and so on.
There aren't any outsiders in a national presidential campaign.

Offline evadR²

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »
Sorry, I don't know what you missed. I think it's pretty clear that the dims & the media will insist that all of the GOP have the same abortion position that Akin does (i.e.., a woman can't get pregnant from a "legitimate" rape), and as long as he's in a race, the rest of the GOP candidates will have to spend time denying that, and then getting trapped into having to discuss abortion in cases of rape, incest, and so on.
There aren't any outsiders in a national presidential campaign.
OK.
I thought you were saying that Akin was keeping this issue flamed when in fact he hasn't. The only ones I have seen who simply won't give it a rest are Karl Rove and his ilk.
Romney was wise not to say any more about it after his initial blunder. The rest would be wise to do the same...but, they won't.
They don't call it the stupid party for no reason.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 10:45:36 PM »
OK.
I thought you were saying that Akin was keeping this issue flamed when in fact he hasn't. The only ones I have seen who simply won't give it a rest are Karl Rove and his ilk.
Romney was wise not to say any more about it after his initial blunder. The rest would be wise to do the same...but, they won't.
They don't call it the stupid party for no reason.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Rove isn't the one keeping this going. And Romney didn't make a blunder. Akin said something stupid, and the media wants to tarnish the rest of the GOP with it. Akin is keeping it alive as long as he stays in his race.

Offline evadR²

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »
We'll have to agree to disagree.
Yes we will.

Rove isn't the one keeping this going.
Today Rove came out with the statement that Akin was going to get smoked. Worst loss ever. Sounds like keeping it alive to me.

And Romney didn't make a blunder.
Well, the people of Missouri disagree, and they're the ones that count in this senate race.

Akin said something stupid, and the media wants to tarnish the rest of the GOP with it.
On that we can agree.

Akin is keeping it alive as long as he stays in his race.
Oh, that's what you meant.

Offline evadR²

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 09:22:47 AM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf