Author Topic: Amazingly, these are drawings made with ballpoint pens, not a photograph  (Read 2294 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Amazingly, these are drawings made with ballpoint pens, not a photograph

A STUNNING portrait made with standard Bic ballpoint pens on paper took its Portuguese creator 30 hours to complete: and he is not even a professional artist.

An amazing detailed drawing of a Russian model by 29-year-old lawyer Samuel Silva has been praised by readers of the popular online community deviantART.

The picture, titled Redhead Girl, has received more than 3000 comments, ranging from amazement to incredulity.

"Just a lawyer? You're far much more", commented prittySmiles. "I love seeing people use their talents in unconventional ways, and this beauty is proof that you don't need fancy supplies to make art. Thanks for the inspiration."

Link to more of artist's work: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/gallery-e6frer9f-1226456754901?page=1

In his profile on DeviantART, Silva describes himself as "just a self taught patient hobbyist person."

The part-time artiest has been drawing, sculpting and painting since he was two years old.

As he has developed his ballpoint technique, his pictures have won an increasingly passionate following.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:32:14 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Re: Amazingly, this is a drawing made with ballpoint pens, not a photograph
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 11:08:33 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:17:34 pm »
He did all that with ball point pens?

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 12:00:35 am »
Second woman down, looks like Scarlett Johansson.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 12:05:49 am »
He did all that with ball point pens?

Because ball point ink dries instantly, he uses what he calls 'layering' to achieve the shading and colors he may not be carrying.

I realize artists in this realm utilize their 3 dimensional grasp of the object being drawn or painted....but to be able to maintain that high degree of concentration to end up with a finished product like those shown?

I believe the 2 girls shown here are the same model....but I could be mistaken.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 12:54:37 am »

I think it is.  There was a movie she was in - it was called something like "The Earring" or something like that.  If you ever get a chance to watch it, it's great.  The whole movie looks and feels like a Flemish painting. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 12:56:48 am »
I'm sorry, the name of the movie is "Girl with a Pearl Earring".  I recommend it!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 04:49:56 am »

Yep!

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 04:52:27 am »
He is good!  Not sure what really makes a person a "professional" artist.  Some people are born with a supernatural artist ability that is not easily explained... they "see" things most people don't see -- both with the eye and with their brains.. and it truly just flows...... I know, I was married to one....

BTW all this individual's work is amazing, but his animal eyes reflect their soul.. a sign of a true artist is the ability to have you look into the subject's soul.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline KeyserSoze

• How much of my money should I be allowed to keep?
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 05:15:20 am »
Amazing.

I'll believe liberals are sentient when Obama starts attacking them with drones.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 05:29:04 am »
Impressive...in the extreme.

And yes, the second one is a version of Scarlett Johansson in "The Girl With the Pearl Earring".  An excellent movie.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline ladybug

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 07:07:21 pm »
It says this is A drawing. So is it ONE drawing not all those drawings or photos???

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 09:03:29 pm »
It says this is A drawing. So is it ONE drawing not all those drawings or photos???

Sorry about that.....I edited the title.  All of them are drawings/sketches.

The link is contained above so that you can see much more of his work.