Author Topic: Ron Paul to be Honored at RNC  (Read 1763 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Ron Paul to be Honored at RNC
« on: August 24, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/08/24/rnc-will-feature-ron-paul-tribute.html

Bygones Be Bygones
Ron Paul to be Honored at RNC

Perhaps as a nod to Ron Paul's cooperation with the RNC in agreeing to spare Mitt Romney the embarassment of a delegate battle at next week's convention, the Romney campaign is planning a video tribute to the libertarian during the GOP gathering. A Romney advisor explained this week that "several of [Paul's] colleagues" will "give testimony to his principles and his dedication to America." Apparently it was the Paul team's idea. "We said absolutely," said the Romney advisor. "Gov. Romney and Congressman Paul, while they certainly disagree on many issues, they have always had, if you watched the debates this year, you have seen a lot of mutual respect between the two of them."

Support the USO

Online mountaineer

Re: Ron Paul to be Honored at RNC
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 01:44:26 PM »
Maybe this is all Paul ever wanted, a big fat kiss on the rear end.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 01:46:15 PM »
Ron Paul he once lived three doors down from me and delivered my youngest son into the world in 1975.  I have known him and his family for than 40 years.  Since long before he became publicly involved in politics and can tell you that he is well deserving of recognition on may fronts ( foreign policy not being among them) .

He is a financial genius and  I would hope that we we will  finally listen to what he has to say on monetary policy and the fed!

Online aligncare

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 02:07:22 PM »
 :beer:

Ron Paul he once lived three doors down from me and delivered my youngest son into the world in 1975.  I have known him and his family for than 40 years.  Since long before he became publicly involved in politics and can tell you that he is well deserving of recognition on may fronts ( foreign policy not being among them) .

He is a financial genius and  I would hope that we we will  finally listen to what he has to say on monetary policy and the fed!

Word.  I can't say I'm a big supporter--but, this is clear: Ron Paul is a conservative in the mold of Ronald Regan (minus the foreign affairs acumen). 

In addition, I will say this.  Ron Paul is completely undeserving of the trashing he gets from some of the so-called conservative Republicans around TBR.  I won't name names--they know who they are.   :whistle:
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline evadR≤

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 02:14:18 PM »

Aside from his views on foreign policy, the Paulster is a-ok with me.
However, that foreign policy thing is a "Bigun".
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 02:19:34 PM »
Aside from his views on foreign policy, the Paulster is a-ok with me.
However, that foreign policy thing is a "Bigun".

:amen:

And I've told him so face to face on several occasions within the last couple of years!

Offline evadR≤

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 02:25:11 PM »
:amen:

And I've told him so face to face on several occasions within the last couple of years!
Typical response from "You Know Where".

"Will they read from his racist nutty newsletters? Will they have some Truther loons giving testimonials? Will Mahmoud Ahmadinejad be there to thank him for the support? At least Romney can thank him for helping for helping to undermine the conservatives in the primaries."
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »

Online aligncare

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 08:38:45 PM »
.... While many of his ideals will never, ever work (his desire to replace the federal income tax with nothing being the worst offender), ....

Yeah.  It would be awful if the federal government had no taxpayer money to pilfer, steal, misuse, waste, squander, dissipate, pocket-line, throw around, use for vote getting.  Yeah, just an awful idea.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:43:30 PM by aligncare »

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 08:43:36 PM »
I have a lot of issues with Paul but the primary is over. He is retiring and it is time to just let some wounds heal and move on.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 09:09:22 PM »
:beer:

Word.  I can't say I'm a big supporter--but, this is clear: Ron Paul is a conservative in the mold of Ronald Regan (minus the foreign affairs acumen). 

In addition, I will say this.  Ron Paul is completely undeserving of the trashing he gets from some of the so-called conservative Republicans around TBR.  I won't name names--they know who they are.   :whistle:

As were the posters here that you repeatedly called morons for not jumping on the Romney bandwagon at the exact time you did.  You know... right after you "evolved" from your Ron Paul phase.   :whistle:

Online jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 09:22:25 PM »
Yeah.  It would be awful if the federal government had no taxpayer money to pilfer, steal, misuse, waste, squander, dissipate, pocket-line, throw around, use for vote getting.  Yeah, just an awful idea.
It's one thing to not want the government to ABUSE money. It's another thing altogether to not want the government to have ANY. We have to fund some form of national defense, among other things.

Online aligncare

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 10:53:49 PM »
It's one thing to not want the government to ABUSE money. It's another thing altogether to not want the government to have ANY. We have to fund some form of national defense, among other things.

Couldn't agree more.  And how do we wrest the credit card from federal lawmaker's hands?  Will they voluntarily give up the cash and the power it brings them?  I don't think so--not even our beloved (R)'s will give it up without forcing them to. 

I say cut up the credit card and start over; funding just a few essential federal functions--defense, in this nightmarish jihad world, most would agree is certainly one of those essential functions--except for the dims, of course; but their opinion isn't worth spit. 

We can discuss the rest when they (congress) show some responsibility with our money.

Online aligncare

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 10:57:03 PM »
As were the posters here that you repeatedly called morons for not jumping on the Romney bandwagon at the exact time you did.  You know... right after you "evolved" from your Ron Paul phase.   :whistle:

Having much of a problem with reading comprehension?  None of what you said is true.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf