Author Topic: Game of Thrones, Season II  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Game of Thrones, Season II
« on: August 23, 2012, 12:05:12 am »
Peter Dinklage is the actor who plays Tyrion Lanister; and he is far better looking than I pictured him to be in the books.  Tyrion the Imp is much more of a lecherous, treacherous smartass too...

Anyone else following the series, and did you read all of the books first??

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Game of Thrones, Season II
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 12:14:53 am »
I am and did.

I agree, they made Tyrion much more photogenic than I ever pictured him...in particular, during the battle of King's Landing he had his nose (or most of it) removed from his face.  The wound they gave him in the series was nowhere near as severe or disfiguring as the one he received in the original novel.

But this is TV...everyone has to be sexy.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 12:25:15 am »
yah...I don't think that little rendezvous between Stannis and Melisandre wasn't in the book either......I didn't think he was hitting that...

:whistle:

Offline TheMom

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 12:27:24 am »
I agree that the HBO Tyrion is a lot better looking that I pictured the book Tyrion to be ~ but Peter Dinklage does a great job playing the part.

I love Game of Thrones!

Last Winter while away from home I happen to catch a few episodes of Season One, which I really liked.  After getting home I Googled Game of Thrones and saw there was a book series, I asked my Facebook friends if they had heard of the book series & what were their recommendations.  All of them said the books are a must read ~ so I ordered (and read) all five books. 

For my Mother's Day / birthday present this year I purchased Season One on DVD (we don't have HBO).  Shortly after that, when our daughter came for her Summer visit, she showed me how to stream Season Two on my computer.

I give major kudos to the everyone involved with the HBO series . . . the casting was perfect, the acting superb, the story line is very close to the books.  Although they did embellish on some things ~ but that is TV for ya.

Looking forward to Season Three and book six.
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 12:38:25 am »
yah...I don't think that little rendezvous between Stannis and Melisandre wasn't in the book either......I didn't think he was hitting that...

My memory on the book treatment of that particular piece is vague - something happened between them but either it was left vague or it has dropped from my memory.  I remember that she gave him some kind of drugging agent that created hallucinations...but I can't remember how her pregnancy actually came about.  Maybe my mind is blocking it...but it has been a number of years since I read that particular volume.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 12:40:01 am »
I agree that the HBO Tyrion is a lot better looking that I pictured the book Tyrion to be ~ but Peter Dinklage does a great job playing the part.

I love Game of Thrones!

Last Winter while away from home I happen to catch a few episodes of Season One, which I really liked.  After getting home I Googled Game of Thrones and saw there was a book series, I asked my Facebook friends if they had heard of the book series & what were their recommendations.  All of them said the books are a must read ~ so I ordered (and read) all five books. 

For my Mother's Day / birthday present this year I purchased Season One on DVD (we don't have HBO).  Shortly after that, when our daughter came for her Summer visit, she showed me how to stream Season Two on my computer.

I give major kudos to the everyone involved with the HBO series . . . the casting was perfect, the acting superb, the story line is very close to the books.  Although they did embellish on some things ~ but that is TV for ya.

Looking forward to Season Three and book six.

I agree that as TV productions go, it is one of the highest quality and more faithful recreations - and considering how difficult reproducing these particular books is, it is quite an achievement.

...Bob Dylan

Offline TheMom

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 01:12:05 am »

He wasn't.  In the book he is very much a man of honor and would never cheat on his wife.

Although it is somewhat hinted at in the book, it never comes out that Renly Barahteon is gay.

Offline TheMom

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 01:27:22 am »
I agree that as TV productions go, it is one of the highest quality and more faithful recreations - and considering how difficult reproducing these particular books is, it is quite an achievement.

When I saw the few episodes of Season 1, I did not think much of the production.  I did not watch Season 1 or 2 until I finished those books ~ then I was really blown away with the production.