Author Topic: Ron Paul Delegates Strike Deal With RNC (no coup d'etat they dreamed of)  (Read 887 times)

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/21/ron-paul-delegates-set-to-strike-deal-with-rnc/

The deal, which is expected to be announced Tuesday afternoon, will seat more Paul delegates at next week's Republican National Convention, an act that could help prevent an organized effort by Paul supporters to try and bring Monday's opening session to a grinding halt.

The RNC has agreed to seat 17 Ron Paul delegates from Louisiana, which has been a major point of contention between the Paul campaign and the Romney campaign. In addition, the RNC will also seat additional Paul delegates from Massachusetts, ending the controversy in that state.

What is missing from this articles is that the trade-off is they give up fighting to claim the five state plurality which would put Paul's name up for consideration. They will have more delegates seated but Paul's name won't even be brought up.

One less drama some were hoping for is done for.

Offline Rapunzel

I am beyond impressed with Rence Prebius; sooooooooo glad the GOP through Michael Steele under the bus... imagine how well we would have done in 2010 with Prebius intstead of Steele.

Offline mountaineer

I wouldn't trust a Ron Paul delegate farther than I could throw him. I saw these folks in action at our state convention in 2008, and felt like I had to take a bath in Lysol.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Allegra

Those people are so annoying.  They're all about calling attention to themselves.
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
I am beyond impressed with Rence Prebius; sooooooooo glad the GOP through Michael Steele under the bus... imagine how well we would have done in 2010 with Prebius intstead of Steele.
So far Prebius has been impressive.

I think his style is like Romney's style--competent problem solving, business management.

Steele was a nice, smart guy, but just another politician on the stage.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf