Author Topic: Tampa police chief: Rooftop findings a concern, not a surprise  (Read 775 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Online jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
Re: Tampa police chief: Rooftop findings a concern, not a surprise
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »
Fawkes was an Englishman who tried to bomb Parliament in the early 1600s. The masks became symbols for the Occupy protesters after the film "V for Vendetta," in which an anarchist models himself as a modern Fawkes and rebels against a fascist government.

Um... V for Vendetta came out several years before the Occupiers were around. The Guy Fawkes masks, prior to the Occupiers, were originally picked up by the hacker/piracy-advocate group Anonymous. Anonymous is far more famous for using them than the Occupiers.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:24:50 PM »
Um... V for Vendetta came out several years before the Occupiers were around. The Guy Fawkes masks, prior to the Occupiers, were originally picked up by the hacker/piracy-advocate group Anonymous. Anonymous is far more famous for using them than the Occupiers.

And by the Democratic underground. They were big into fawkes masks to protest back then.  I read there everyday to see what they were going to do next!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 10:38:09 AM »
A projectile easily could be thrown from the rooftop toward the hotel. A hotel spokeswoman would not confirm who would be staying there during the RNC, although national media members were rumored to be among the guests.
I suppose it would be some sort of poetic justice if Chris Matthews were bonked on the head ...
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf