Author Topic: Wayne Brady Apologizes for Trig Palin Joke  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Wayne Brady Apologizes for Trig Palin Joke
« on: August 21, 2012, 12:34:12 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/08/20/wayne-brady-finally-apologizes-trig-palin

Wayne Brady Apologizes for Trig Palin Joke

20 Aug 2012, 11:01 AM PDT
Wayne Brady is genuinely sorry for a joke he didn't write that made it into the latest celebrity roast.

Brady's funny faux pas used former Gov. Sarah Palin's youngest son, Trig, as part of punch line during Comedy Central's roast of Roseanne Barr. Young Trig has Down syndrome, although that hasn't stopped fellow comic Bill Maher from calling Palin's family "inbred" without a hint of apology.

Brady gave the matter more thought last week and offered up a full-throated apology Friday via his Facebook page:

This letter has taken me a few days to compose because of the conflicting emotions that I've experienced since the day of the Roast and it's subsequent airing ...

The Jeff joke was written for me and at the end of the day I take full responsibility for saying it. It wasn't meant as a slam to Trig and at the time I didn't see it that way.

I could defend it as a performer, but I would rather apologize from the bottom of my heart as a father ...

I could defend it as a performer, but I would rather apologize from the bottom of my heart as a father ...

To the Palins, please know that no malice or harm was meant. To the other families who were touched negatively, I hope you'll be able to accept this apology as well.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Wayne Brady Apologizes for Trig Palin Joke
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 12:40:08 am »
Too late....you don't make fun of handicapped children...period
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 02:10:07 am »
If Todd Palin should suddenly go to New York and go after Maher, would he be found guilty?

Seriously.

I would think he loves his family and Trig very much.  Enough is enough.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline caver

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 02:21:19 am »
Another Hollywood jerk that I used to like until he actually spoke his mind. Yea, it took him a few days to compose his apology, right...... No, this lib spoke exactly what he was thinking. He doesn't even have the balls to admit that is what he said. He blames it on his writers, or no, maybe the teleprompter was to blame. What a spineless leftist.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 02:56:54 am »
Sarah Palin

Thank you, Wayne Brady. Trig truly is a blessing. I swear, to his family anyway, that extra chromosome he's got is a Love Chromosome! Thank you for your gracious comment today.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776