Author Topic: Kirstie Alley asks, ‘Why do I pay 50 percent income tax?’  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Kirstie Alley asks, ‘Why do I pay 50 percent income tax?’
« on: August 19, 2012, 03:39:15 am »
http://twitchy.com/2012/08/18/kirstie-alley-asks-why-do-i-pay-50-percent-income-tax/

Posted at 8:32 pm on August 18, 2012 by Twitchy Staff | View Comments

Kirstie Alley

✔

@kirstiealley

Just curious...why do I pay 50% income tax and Mitt pays 13??? I'm doin "sunthin" wrong ...the last time I payed 13% was when I was a hooker
    18 Aug 12

Retweet
        Favorite

Is there some secret tax rate for entertainers the rest of us don’t know about? Appearing last night on CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight,” comedian and club owner Jon Lovitz claimed he was paying 50 percent or more in tax. Tonight Kirstie Alley claims a similar tax rate and wonders what she’s doing wrong.

Though it’s probably a question best left for a tax attorney, Alley’s Twitter followers did their best to explain.

Kirstie Alley

✔

@kirstiealley 18 Aug 12

Just curious...why do I pay 50% income tax and Mitt pays 13??? I'm doin "sunthin" wrong ...the last time I payed 13% was when I was a hooker

Martita @MartitaO

@kirstiealley its because he pays taxes on investment income not earned income.
    18 Aug 12

Retweet
        Favorite

Kirstie Alley

✔

@kirstiealley 18 Aug 12

Brian Cyr @briancyrart

@kirstiealley Mitts is not income tax. Its capital gains tax.
    18 Aug 12

Retweet
        Favorite

Kirstie Alley

✔

@kirstiealley 18 Aug 12

Denise Williams @Nisey72

. @kirstiealley Besides, Mitts $ is investments which (under Obama) is only taxed @ 13% by law... Our income is taxed under different laws.
    18 Aug 12

Retweet
        Favorite

Kirstie Alley

✔

@kirstiealley 18 Aug 12

Leslie McLeod @snugglebunnie34

@kirstiealley it depends on whether you are paying Income or Capital Gains tax. Which do you pay? there's your answer
    18 Aug 12

Retweet
        Favorite

Kirstie Alley

✔

@kirstiealley 18 Aug 12

Tina Janusczak @HelloGetOverIt

@kirstiealley his money comes from retirement fund and is taxed differently. Also when u fig in charity contibutions it is about double
    18 Aug 12

Retweet
        Favorite

Kirstie Alley

✔

@kirstiealley 18 Aug 12

Cynthia Beattie @swissmissled

@kirstiealley Its like Warren Buffet's secretary who pays a higher percentage than he does. It would seem like it should be the other way.
    18 Aug 12

Retweet
        Favorite

We’re not sure what combination of income and investments makes up Alley’s adjusted gross income. Perhaps if she’d release her tax returns we’d have a better idea.

But wait a minute… we thought Hollywood types wanted to pay more. Even Morgan was so unfazed by Lovitz’s claim of a 50 percent tax rate that he didn’t think to question it, suggesting only that it was Lovitz’s “moral duty” to pay more to help those suffering under the current economy. Alley’s followers seemed to disagree with that notion, though. Half is too much. Don’t rich people have accountants to find loopholes for them?

Kirstie Alley

✔

@kirstiealley 18 Aug 12

Amanda Simpson @mandamooray

@kirstiealley Since the highest income tax rate for 2012 was 35%, I would be inclined to run, not walk, to a new CPA:)
    18 Aug 12

Retweet
        Favorite

Kirstie Alley

✔

@kirstiealley 18 Aug 12

Darren Woods @dpwoods5

@kirstiealley I think you need a new tax accountant!
    18 Aug 12

Retweet
        Favorite

Kirstie Alley

✔

@kirstiealley 18 Aug 12

little ms fancypants @LilMsFancyPants

@kirstiealley if you are paying 50% you need a new accountant.
    18 Aug 12

Retweet
        Favorite

Kirstie Alley

✔

@kirstiealley 18 Aug 12

itsjustme @SPUNKR138

@kirstiealley. He has a better accountant. Same tax law for u,me,and him.
    18 Aug 12

Retweet
        Favorite

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

Re: Kirstie Alley asks, ‘Why do I pay 50 percent income tax?’
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 04:30:11 am »
Oh boy.  The blind leading the blinder.  There is, in fact, no way to know why anyone pays the taxes they do unless one reviews that person's income taxes.  Also, Kirstie (clueless) Alley appears to be reporting her combined federal, state, and local rates as one rate whereas Romney, I believe, only mentioned his federal rate.  Since Clueless Kirstie most likely lives in California, where the personal income tax rate is high, it's no wonder she pays such a high rate.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 04:39:59 am »
Kirstie....it's 13% tax and a 37% fat people surtax.

You can run into the nearest IRS office and check it out.    Don't forget your concealed carry.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 06:04:31 am »
She's never worked for a penny of it, so why does she care? She got money for nothing to begin with.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Saltbag

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 11:27:42 am »
Twinkies aren't taxed at the same rate as capital gains, Kirstie.
"Any act of government must necessarily reduce freedom" - Thomas Sowell

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 12:20:26 pm »

Let's see now!

Could it be because you are just plain STUPID?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 12:26:31 pm »
Because, Dear Kirstie, your Democrat Party, in spite of its rhetoric to the contrary, has designed a tax code that does not tax the wealthy, but instead taxes the stupid.   They can always be counted on to do this, since they are lawyers who think they are smarter than everyone else and would never put their own wealth at risk.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 12:35:33 pm »
Because, Dear Kirstie, your Democrat Party, in spite of its rhetoric to the contrary, has designed a tax code that does not tax the wealthy, but instead taxes the stupid.   They can always be counted on to do this, since they are lawyers who think they are smarter than everyone else and would never put their own wealth at risk.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

You said a mouthful and did it very succinctly!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 12:45:21 pm »
:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

You said a mouthful and did it very succinctly!  :beer:

Yawn......heck....he does that all the time.   ;^)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 04:45:10 pm »
Kirstie Alley a hooker?  No wonder why she was skinny then.  She couldn't afford to eat.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.