Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 498134 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1225 on: February 07, 2018, 02:35:01 am »
@Freya

Have to tell you this story while it is fresh in my mind.  As a matter of fact it is happening right now!

The cat toy delivery man dropped off a new toy for the teenage boys, Hobbes and Chewy. I opened the package on our bed knowing at least five or six cats would have to check out the new toy.  That is normal. Then I set it on the floor.

The toy is a three-level round roller ball with a ball on each level.  I thought they might enjoy it.  Yeah!  So far they have put this new toy on top of a single level roller ball toy.  Got bored with that, then they covered it with plastic wrap which was in the innards of the box.  Then they scooted it out of our room, all the way down the hallway.  @Cyber Liberty told me they probably wanted to share it with the remaining cats in the house.

They may have, but not for very long because now it is back in its original spot where I opened it and Cyber put it together.

So they have pushed and pushed and pushed. Can you think of a reason why they did this?  I just can't quite figure out kitties.  You just never know what is in the back of their little heads.

These two youngest just make us laugh until we can't stop laughing.  The older cats just love these two.  I can't figure that out either.

You need a kitty or five!

Send me the link. I sponsor a kitty at the animal shelter. :) I think he and his friends might like,
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #1226 on: February 07, 2018, 12:40:54 pm »
You can get it at Amazon, but I ordered it online from Walmart.  About the same price, $12.99.  They were up most of the night playing with it!  Great toy! It is called  Purrfect Feline Titan's Tower.

https://www.amazon.com/Purrfect-Feline-Titans-Tower-Interactive/dp/B01COBEIWS

8888spinning cat 8888spinning cat

"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #1227 on: February 07, 2018, 08:09:36 pm »
I just called a place named "Altered Tails."  They are a do good place to have animals that have been born in your backyard neutered.  Not as expensive as our vet who charges about $700 per cat for fixing and shots.  This place costs $65 for everything, but it has to be done at the same time.  They also will put in a microchip if youwant.  All but one of the indoor kitties are microchipped.

I have never had to catch an outdoor kitty before.  These little Beans sleep in the baby basket at night and are always waiting for fresh food and water, too.  When you can see a little tiny bit of the bottom on any one of their six bowls, they are out of food.  Just like the indoor ones.  Sheesh!

Any ideas in here on how I can catch them?  They come up to the sliding back door to let me know they are low on something, but when I open it, they scatter.  I do want to keep them outside.  They have plenty of shelter, and the do "their business" in the back of the yard under the Eucalyptus bushes.  I do not think they would enjoy being inside now.  They have their own set of toys, too.  I just can't help myself...

888tapping cat 88888walking kitty 8888sitting kitty 8889whatkitty

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1228 on: February 07, 2018, 09:13:51 pm »
Any ideas in here on how I can catch them? 

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #1229 on: February 08, 2018, 12:08:54 am »
@Suppressed

Just too good!

I need to catch our Floofy Jelly Beans in the backyard.  I don't think they will fall for the bags and bra trick.  Any other ideas?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1230 on: February 08, 2018, 12:20:11 am »
@Suppressed

Just too good!

I need to catch our Floofy Jelly Beans in the backyard.  I don't think they will fall for the bags and bra trick.  Any other ideas?

The standard live trap and tuna fish?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1231 on: February 08, 2018, 12:33:33 am »
The standard live trap and tuna fish?

You may get away with that for one, maybe two if they're not bright, but you won't catch four that way.  It's a poser.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:33:57 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #1232 on: February 08, 2018, 01:58:02 am »
I just called a place named "Altered Tails."  They are a do good place to have animals that have been born in your backyard neutered.  Not as expensive as our vet who charges about $700 per cat for fixing and shots.  This place costs $65 for everything, but it has to be done at the same time.  They also will put in a microchip if youwant.  All but one of the indoor kitties are microchipped.

I have never had to catch an outdoor kitty before.  These little Beans sleep in the baby basket at night and are always waiting for fresh food and water, too.  When you can see a little tiny bit of the bottom on any one of their six bowls, they are out of food.  Just like the indoor ones.  Sheesh!

Any ideas in here on how I can catch them?  They come up to the sliding back door to let me know they are low on something, but when I open it, they scatter.  I do want to keep them outside.  They have plenty of shelter, and the do "their business" in the back of the yard under the Eucalyptus bushes.  I do not think they would enjoy being inside now.  They have their own set of toys, too.  I just can't help myself...

888tapping cat 88888walking kitty 8888sitting kitty 8889whatkitty

Put a drop trap over their bed area.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1233 on: February 08, 2018, 02:00:17 am »
Put a drop trap over their bed area.

Great idea.  Someone's got a very devious mind.   :laugh:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #1234 on: February 08, 2018, 02:02:00 am »
Great idea.  Someone's got a very devious mind.   :laugh:

You have noooooo idea.   ^-^

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1235 on: February 15, 2018, 07:57:04 pm »
Several Brands of Dog Food Have Been Recalled For Salmonella
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,304314.msg1606684.html#msg1606684
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1236 on: April 02, 2018, 06:31:59 pm »
At the risk of being labeled Debbie Downer -- I have additional bad pet-related news. 

My brother and SIL had five cats --two older girls in their teens and three kittens they acquired last year.  Sadly, one of the kittens has died from a virus known as  Feline Infectious Peritonitis or FIP.  He would have been a year old in May.  Apparently, FIP happens in kittens raised in multi-cat households, or which came from a shelter or a breeder.  Some info on the disease can be found here:

https://www2.vet.cornell.edu/departments-centers-and-institutes/cornell-feline-health-center/health-information/feline-health-topics/feline-infectious-peritonitis-brochure

The kittens were all from the same litter and were obtained from a private owner.  The vet told brother and SIL to watch out for signs of the disease in the other two kittens.  They also had to disinfect dishes, cat beds, litter boxes and such.  So far, the other two kittens show no sign of the disease and the vet said maybe they don't have the disease or they have built up some resistance to it. 

Anyway, I thought I'd pass on the information about this disease for what it's worth.  I myself had never heard of it.  The article at the link says it's rare. 

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:17:08 pm by Applewood »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1237 on: April 02, 2018, 06:36:41 pm »
Thanks @Applewood

I never heard of this either
Poor kitties
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1238 on: April 03, 2018, 04:38:21 pm »
@Applewood
How sad!  I hadn't heard of it.  Thanks for the heads-up!
+++++++++

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1239 on: April 05, 2018, 04:27:31 am »
Found this on DailyMail

Filippi said Xherdan 'stole my heart' when she spotted him for adoption online, and decided to bring him home
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1240 on: April 06, 2018, 02:00:33 am »
Found this on DailyMail

Filippi said Xherdan 'stole my heart' when she spotted him for adoption online, and decided to bring him home
Angry Yoda lives!

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1241 on: April 06, 2018, 03:24:35 am »
Found this on DailyMail

Carville's cat?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1242 on: June 09, 2018, 06:37:19 pm »
Pit bull hailed hero after saving family from house fire: 'I owe her everything'

An 8-month-old pit bull in California is being hailed a hero after she alerted her family of a fire in their apartment complex – and then saved their 7-month-old daughter by pulling her by her diaper.

When flames broke out at the apparent complex where Nana Chaichanhda lives in Stockton, Calif., her pup Sasha, who was outside, quickly jumped to action, and “began to bang on the back door.”

"I open it and she runs in and starts barking at me like crazy and I was like, 'OK, this is weird. This is not like her,'” Chaichanhda told FOX40.

After seeing the flames begin to ravage part of the apartment complex, Chaichanhda went to get her 7-month-old daughter. When she entered the room, however, Sasha was already trying save the young girl.

More at:

www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/09/pit-bull-hailed-hero-after-saving-family-from-house-fire-owe-her-everything.html

Good dog!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1243 on: July 08, 2018, 08:57:47 pm »
Something I've never seen before...

my buddy's cat got his claw stuck on his own tail.  As he tried to pull it out, he just drove it in deeper.

What a nut.
+++++++++

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #1244 on: July 14, 2018, 12:54:12 am »
FDA Investigating Potential Connection Between Diet and Cases of Canine Heart Disease

July 12, 2018

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is alerting pet owners and veterinary professionals about reports of canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) in dogs eating certain pet foods containing peas, lentils, other legume seeds, or potatoes as main ingredients. These reports are unusual because DCM is occurring in breeds not typically genetically prone to the disease. The FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine and the Veterinary Laboratory Investigation and Response Network, a collaboration of government and veterinary diagnostic laboratories, are investigating this potential association.

Canine DCM is a disease of a dog’s heart muscle and results in an enlarged heart. As the heart and its chambers become dilated, it becomes harder for the heart to pump, and heart valves may leak, leading to a buildup of fluids in the chest and abdomen. DCM often results in congestive heart failure. Heart function may improve in cases that are not linked to genetics with appropriate veterinary treatment and dietary modification, if caught early.

The underlying cause of DCM is not truly known, but is thought to have a genetic component. Breeds that are typically more frequently affected by DCM include large and giant breed dogs, such as Great Danes, Boxers, Newfoundlands, Irish Wolfhounds, Saint Bernards and Doberman Pinschers. It is less common in small and medium breed dogs, except American and English Cocker Spaniels. However, the cases that have been reported to the FDA have included Golden and Labrador Retrievers, Whippets, a Shih Tzu, a Bulldog and Miniature Schnauzers, as well as mixed breeds.

Continued - https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/CVMUpdates/ucm613305.htm

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1245 on: September 24, 2018, 04:23:46 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1246 on: October 03, 2018, 12:31:41 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1247 on: October 03, 2018, 01:02:26 pm »

LOL!  Gonna show this one to Mrs. Liberty!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1248 on: October 22, 2018, 07:06:16 pm »
+++++++++

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1249 on: October 22, 2018, 07:11:22 pm »
I will NOT comply.