Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 500326 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1150 on: July 07, 2017, 09:49:18 pm »
There is also a great ear med you can get over the counter, Amazon carries it, called Zymox.  I keep it on hand and have found it does a great job.

@RoosGirl
I appreciate that tip.  We've been having a terrible time trying to get our Bichon's ears straightened out.  She's immuno-compromised, too, so she can only have certain antibiotics.

This sounds like it might be a good investment.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #1151 on: July 07, 2017, 09:57:36 pm »
@RoosGirl
I appreciate that tip.  We've been having a terrible time trying to get our Bichon's ears straightened out.  She's immuno-compromised, too, so she can only have certain antibiotics.

This sounds like it might be a good investment.

I had a terrible time with my oldest girls ears when she was a puppy, constantly treating ear infections.  Someone suggested it could be an allergic reaction and to try a fish based food.  She still gets one every now and then, but nothing like she was getting before the food switch.  Maybe that is a consideration for you also.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #1152 on: July 17, 2017, 03:21:02 pm »
My cat was cutting some god-awful farts this weekend. I wonder if he got into the Taco Bell Burrito Grande I left on the counter for a while Saturday afternoon?

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1153 on: August 06, 2017, 02:01:33 am »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1154 on: August 06, 2017, 08:18:57 pm »
Does anyone know of a free photo site? Photobucket has decided I need to pay to link my photos.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1155 on: August 06, 2017, 08:26:54 pm »
Does anyone know of a free photo site? Photobucket has decided I need to pay to link my photos.

Drop box...Google pics.  I like Google pics because it auto backs up my photos.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1156 on: August 06, 2017, 08:39:05 pm »
imgur.com....

I can't move anything out of photobucket now..luckily I have the important ones stored elsewhere
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1157 on: August 06, 2017, 08:40:55 pm »
Drop box...Google pics.  I like Google pics because it auto backs up my photos.

do you have a link?

the dropbox I saw charges..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1158 on: August 06, 2017, 09:41:32 pm »
do you have a link?

the dropbox I saw charges..

I haven't used Dropbox in a while, so I don't know.  When I got Google pix I stopped using it.  Last I saw, the Google allowed me to share via hotlink.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #1159 on: August 18, 2017, 05:13:37 pm »
 :pondering:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1160 on: August 18, 2017, 05:16:54 pm »

The the funniest damn thing I have seen in weeks.  Good find.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #1161 on: August 18, 2017, 05:18:42 pm »
The the funniest damn thing I have seen in weeks.  Good find.

Thanks mang!   :beer:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1162 on: August 18, 2017, 05:21:44 pm »
Thanks mang!   :beer:

He reminds of a junk yard dog I used to own, who got banned from eight different kennels.  Could eat chain link like cheetoes when contained.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #1163 on: August 18, 2017, 05:26:07 pm »
He reminds of a junk yard dog I used to own, who got banned from eight different kennels.  Could eat chain link like cheetoes when contained.

LOL  I thought of Old Hercules from Sandlot!

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #1164 on: August 19, 2017, 03:35:54 pm »
Cut out all the treats and cut his food back by about 20% until he's down to fighting weight.

There is also a great ear med you can get over the counter, Amazon carries it, called Zymox.  I keep it on hand and have found it does a great job.

Thanks for the tip on Zymox.  I have that on hand now.  He us eating the minimum for dogs over 100 lbs in a high quality food.  I have to fight with my husband and MIL about table food constantly.

Great Pyre adults are couch potatoes.  Even the working dogs.  They sit somewhere and watch.  They dig a hole to conceal their bodies with just their heads showing and watch.  Take Atticus to the dog park, he does a quick circuit and then chooses a vantage point to watch.  He only abandons his watch to break up fights.  He asks to go out, not to pee or poop, but to take up a watch position to make sure the neighborhood is safe.

We were walking a mile a day until he suffered a paw injury.  I bought him boots, but they only fit his front paws.  I special ordered a custom set.  The pea gravel on the Fit Trail we were using really did a number on his paws.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:39:06 pm by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #1165 on: August 19, 2017, 03:38:11 pm »

That is priceless.  My husband's Malamut could chew his way through a chain link fence no problem.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1166 on: August 31, 2017, 07:23:08 am »
Cat looks like another cat is on it's back.
It's a purrfect double take: Picture of cat with what looks like another moggy on its back stuns web users
By Jay Akbar For Mailonline
Published: 15:54 EDT, 30 August 2017 | Updated: 20:07 EDT, 30 August 2017

Don't worry, it's not a glitch in the Matrix, and you are definitely not the first person to do a double take at this intriguing photo.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4837866/Cat-looks-like-got-moggy-back.html#ixzz4rJbdNdPt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #1167 on: October 17, 2017, 05:21:11 pm »
SANTA ROSA (CBS SF) — With the deadly flames of the Tubbs Fire bearing down on his property, Roland Tembo Hendel knew it was time to round up his family, dogs and cats flee.

But there simply was no room for the family’s flock of goats.

“By 11:10 we could see the first of the flames across the valley,” he wrote on his Facebook page. “By 11:15 they were growing larger and the winds went mad. We had loaded up the dogs and cats, but Odin, our stubborn and fearless Great Pyrenees would not leave the goats.”

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/10/16/odin-would-not-abandon-his-flock-as-firestorm-approach/

Great Pyrenees are NOT herding dogs.  They are protection dogs, at which they are superb.  Otherwise great article.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1168 on: October 17, 2017, 05:26:55 pm »
Great Pyrenees are NOT herding dogs.  They are protection dogs, at which they are superb.  Otherwise great article.

And, I couldn't find a way to make a comment at that site.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1169 on: November 07, 2017, 03:00:34 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #1170 on: November 07, 2017, 03:29:12 pm »

My two cats have the same attitude and they ain’t taking no excuses from me.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #1171 on: November 14, 2017, 03:18:16 pm »
I thought I'd check back in because I now have Atticus' weight where it should be and I've picked up a few tips.  I substitute 1/2 cup of frozen green beans for 1/2 cup of his kibble plus a shake of smoked nutritional yeast and an additional high protein serving once or twice a week.  Steak when we have steak, occasionally an egg.  I made very lean ground beef into meatballs and froze them. I have been making his treats, so I know exactly what is in them and I can continue to use them as positive reinforcement and still manage his calorie intake. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1172 on: November 16, 2017, 11:03:21 pm »
I thought I'd check back in because I now have Atticus' weight where it should be and I've picked up a few tips.  I substitute 1/2 cup of frozen green beans for 1/2 cup of his kibble plus a shake of smoked nutritional yeast and an additional high protein serving once or twice a week.  Steak when we have steak, occasionally an egg.  I made very lean ground beef into meatballs and froze them. I have been making his treats, so I know exactly what is in them and I can continue to use them as positive reinforcement and still manage his calorie intake.

Good news! You're a wonderful doggie mom.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1173 on: December 12, 2017, 06:33:21 pm »

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline verga

« Reply #1174 on: December 12, 2017, 10:24:52 pm »
I am trying to post a picture of our latest foster. I go into the attachments and choose the file, but it does not appear in the post.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.