Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 499549 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1100 on: January 16, 2017, 07:35:14 pm »
My Dog’s Purpose
Poster Generator

Create and share your dog’s poster using the hashtag #MyDogsPurpose. Your poster could even be featured in the A Dog’s Purpose campaign!

http://www.mydogspurpose.com/?id=155948467248

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1101 on: January 16, 2017, 11:51:41 pm »
Rocky, my little Bichon boy that I lost in August, had bladder stones as well. He had two surgeries to remove them and came through both well. He was on a special diet but the stones recurred. You might ask your vet if alkalizing his urine would help. There are certain foods that can accomplish that-vegetables. Rocky was unable to have a third surgery because he almost died from anesthesia during dental cleaning but he kept on until the end with a bladder full of stones. He had no pain or blood and maintained his house-breaking, God bless him.

Hope all goes well for your pup.

@austingirl   Sorry - just saw this today.

Bunny came through the surgery just fine, and she's doing great.  The vet said 2 of the stones were so large that they wouldn't fit into the vial they use to send them to the lab for analysis so I'm sure she was very uncomfortable, but she's already showing more pep than what she's had recently.

They did mention putting her on a special diet to prevent recurrence of the stones, but I'm wondering exactly how successful that will be with 5 sons and a husband who are constantly slipping treats off the table to the canine companions...

Thanks so much for the kind wishes!   ^-^
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #1102 on: January 31, 2017, 11:24:55 pm »
Thanks for that tip Cripplecreek. And what a better honor the 1 year anniversary of us saying so-long to Takara.  And YES there will be cold nose and wagging tails waiting for us at the pearly gates. 

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #1103 on: January 31, 2017, 11:34:27 pm »
Thanks for that tip Cripplecreek. And what a better honor the 1 year anniversary of us saying so-long to Takara.  And YES there will be cold nose and wagging tails waiting for us at the pearly gates. 

The Hunt was one of the best Twilight zone episodes.

If they don't let dogs in the gate it can't be heaven.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #1104 on: February 01, 2017, 12:14:32 pm »
My little one, a one-year old long-haired chihuahua, hasn't been feeling well for a couple days.  Lady L. and I decided it was time to take her in.  Well, just then she spit up a small shard of red plastic from who knows what.  Just like a switch was thrown, she is back to her playful self.  She may be the gentlest creature I've ever known.  She and our Doberman are best pals.  The doby tops 100 pounds, the little one is about 6.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1105 on: February 01, 2017, 01:41:45 pm »
The Hunt was one of the best Twilight zone episodes.

If they don't let dogs in the gate it can't be heaven.

Someday I hope I can have a dog. Someday I hope I can see my two kitties again in heaven too.

That was a good Twilight Zone episode. As for the devil- Julie Newmar made one smoking devil, in "Of Late I Think of Cliffordville". That's my favorite episode.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1106 on: February 01, 2017, 02:01:52 pm »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/31/sports/westminster-dog-show-new-breeds.html?_r=0

Westminster: Meet the New Breeds

By

Christine Hauser

The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, the most prestigious canine competition in the United States, has added three new breeds to its annual event, which for the first time will also include a program featuring cats.

more at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1107 on: February 01, 2017, 02:04:31 pm »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/31/sports/westminster-dog-show-new-breeds.html?_r=0

By

Christine Hauser

The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, the most prestigious canine competition in the United States, has added three new breeds to its annual event, which for the first time will also include a program featuring cats.

more at link

Neat! And may I add, the puppy bowl and kitty bowl are on TV Sunday. You can overdose on the cuteness, but what a way to go! Thank you @mystery-ak

Ping @Hopalong Ginsberg  8888sitting kitty
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 02:07:31 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #1108 on: February 06, 2017, 04:42:20 am »

By

Christine Hauser

more at link

That sloughi is an interesting looking dog.  I'd love to check one out up close.  Westminster is the only benched show we did.  It's a killer.  The dogs basically have to stay in their kennels all day.  They have pretty gross, as far as my bitch was concerned, potty areas too.  But wow, what an experience.  Glad we did it, but only once.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1109 on: March 01, 2017, 01:01:35 am »
LOL Tater!   No worries.   But in memory of

My buddy Maxwell Smart, who passed away in my arms 2 years ago tonight...I will post this!!!

Back in his prime!

Gorgeous dog because he's a poodle. Ignore snarky remarks from people who aren't really dog lovers.

I'm very sorry he's no longer with you.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #1110 on: March 01, 2017, 01:08:33 am »
I'm taking non toxic stump killin solutions so I don't poison my pups or have to expend a lot of energy digging stumps out.

So far the best seems like cutting them close to the ground and piling hot manure on them.

I'm not sure how my neighbors would take me squatting over stumps in the yard. They would pull into their drive at night and the headlights would sweep across the yard and there I'd be.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1111 on: March 01, 2017, 01:11:19 am »
I'm taking non toxic stump killin solutions so I don't poison my pups or have to expend a lot of energy digging stumps out.

So far the best seems like cutting them close to the ground and piling hot manure on them.

I'm not sure how my neighbors would take me squatting over stumps in the yard. They would pull into their drive at night and the headlights would sweep across the yard and there I'd be.

Nice photo!  Is that one of yours?

So, down here, you pour Karo syrup on the stump and the fire ants come and eat the syrup and the stump.  Pretty amazing.  Takes them a while, but they do all the work.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #1112 on: March 07, 2017, 03:46:30 am »
I am a little heartbroken tonight.  We helped my 12 year old bitch whelp a litter of puppies almost 8 years ago.  One of the boys, Catcher, went to a woman whom I have known for a long time through the woman I got my bitch from.  Catcher was diagnosed with hemagiosarcoma 6 weeks ago and she put him to sleep today.  He was her heart dog and I am so sad for her.  I hate for anyone to have to go through the heartache and stress she has over the last 6 weeks, and if one of my puppies had to have that happen to them so young I wish it had been one of the ones I kept so someone else didn't have to go through what this friend and owner did.  That is all.  Thanks for the rant space.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1113 on: March 07, 2017, 04:09:20 am »
I am a little heartbroken tonight.  We helped my 12 year old bitch whelp a litter of puppies almost 8 years ago.  One of the boys, Catcher, went to a woman whom I have known for a long time through the woman I got my bitch from.  Catcher was diagnosed with hemagiosarcoma 6 weeks ago and she put him to sleep today.  He was her heart dog and I am so sad for her.  I hate for anyone to have to go through the heartache and stress she has over the last 6 weeks, and if one of my puppies had to have that happen to them so young I wish it had been one of the ones I kept so someone else didn't have to go through what this friend and owner did.  That is all.  Thanks for the rant space.
@RoosGirl I am so sorry for you and your friend's loss.  My little Jack Russell will turn 15 this year and I can't imagine the hole in my heart when she's gone.  They aren't just pets, but are family members.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1114 on: June 13, 2017, 09:55:16 pm »

Digging thru some pics...

Anna and Baby ...my two wonderful lilac and blue point Ragdolls.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1115 on: June 14, 2017, 02:23:42 am »

Digging thru some pics...

Anna and Baby ...my two wonderful lilac and blue point Ragdolls.

Just beautiful.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1116 on: June 14, 2017, 02:30:09 am »
My little girl Cairn Terrier rescue had a minor stroke last week, what would be called a TIA in a human. She is on prednisone and being tapered. Her right eye was affected and the pupil is smaller than the left now. She is a little anxious but is doing pretty well. Her heat tolerance is affected so she is staying out of the heat. I feel really guilty when I take Hank for a walk. Her prognosis is good and I hope she will be with me for a while. She is a rescue that is about 14 years old and very sweet.

I lost my Bichon Rocky last August and that still hurts terribly.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1117 on: June 14, 2017, 02:42:18 am »
My little girl Cairn Terrier rescue had a minor stroke last week, what would be called a TIA in a human. She is on prednisone and being tapered. Her right eye was affected and the pupil is smaller than the left now. She is a little anxious but is doing pretty well. Her heat tolerance is affected so she is staying out of the heat. I feel really guilty when I take Hank for a walk. Her prognosis is good and I hope she will be with me for a while. She is a rescue that is about 14 years old and very sweet.

I lost my Bichon Rocky last August and that still hurts terribly.

Awww...what's the little girl's name?   I hope she responds to the drug.

How long did you have Rocky?   Post some pics!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1118 on: June 14, 2017, 02:47:43 am »

This is Bobbi- a little Cairn terrier girl rescue. She is about thirteen now.

@DCPatriot
I posted this picture of Bobbi last year.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1119 on: June 14, 2017, 02:50:15 am »
I must have missed it, @austingirl

She's a cutie!   ^-^

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1120 on: June 14, 2017, 02:52:21 am »
Rocky has kidney failure secondary to the heart failure. He is still eating and drinking but is so frail it is frightening. Bought some special foods today. I am so grateful I am working at home so I don't have to leave him. He has been a loyal friend for over fifteen years. I am praying that God is merciful to him.

@DCPatriot

Rocky was blind, survived two bladder stone surgeries and lived with heart failure for two years before it took him. He was a rescue that I loved dearly for over fifteen years. I miss him and always will.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1121 on: June 14, 2017, 02:53:05 am »
@DCPatriot

Rocky was blind, survived two bladder stone surgeries and lived with heart failure for two years before it took him. He was a rescue that I loved dearly for over fifteen years. I miss him and always will.

There was a picture in my post but it didn't copy.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1122 on: June 14, 2017, 02:55:49 am »

This is ole one-eyed Hank. He got off to a bad start as a pound puppy when he was attacked and bitten by a big dog who punctured his eye. He was adopted for three years then returned to a shelter where I adopted him three years ago. He is a Border Terrier.

Hank is about seven and doing well. He loves Bobbi dearly.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1123 on: June 14, 2017, 02:56:58 am »

This is Rocky Joe. He is a Bichon Frise, now 16 years old, blind and has congestive heart failure. I adopted him fifteen years ago. He is still the alpha male, much to Hank's chagrin.

My funny Rocky Joe still lives in my heart.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1124 on: June 14, 2017, 12:10:43 pm »
My....they are lucky to have you, @austingirl    888high58888   Nice pics!