Author Topic: Bronx politician has secret Facebook page; sexy photos with boy toy  (Read 2910 times)

Offline mountaineer

Bronx pol’s secret Facebook page with staffer boytoy
By CANDICE M. GIOVE
 August 12, 2012

She’s a real swing voter.

To constituents, she’s Naomi D. Rivera, a mild-mannered, bespectacled Bronx assemblywoman whose social-media page is dotted with her accomplishments, thoughtful sayings and the latest neighborhood news.

But on another, secret Facebook page, she’s Daniela Rivera, a sultry single 47-year-old who shows off her curves, her dance moves and, in one photo accessible to the public, the top of her lacy red bra.

But more than anything, the lawmaker’s Internet alter-ego is devoted to Tommy Torres, a fellow Democrat eight years her junior whom she has been dating for at least two years — and whom she put on her government payroll.

DATERS GONNA DATE: Assemblywoman Naomi Rivera’s “private” Facebook page shows her with beau Tommy Torres and dressed in skimpy clothes with a gal pal.

As 'Daniela Rivera'

Dozens of photos on Daniela’s page show Rivera with her hunky “babe” in various poses — locking lips, nuzzling his cheek and dirty dancing.

The legislator began posting romantic photos of Torres in 2009, when she created the page under “Daniela,” her middle name, and a year before she hired him or finalized her divorce from husband Antonio Rodriguez.

Torres pulled down $18,123 in taxpayer-funded salary while working out of Rivera’s Morris Park district office for four months in 2010, records show.

But exactly what he did for his $1,100-a-week rate remains unclear — as does the question of how it was even possible for him to work for Rivera when he was already working full time as a gym teacher and high-school sports coach.

According to state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli’s office and Assembly records, Torres was listed as a “full-time” community-relations director for Rivera from Aug. 30, 2010, until Jan. 1, 2011.

At the same time, city Department of Education records indicate, he worked full time at Brooklyn’s PS 157 and made extra money coaching after class. In 2010, he earned a total of $89,550 from the DOE, records show.

Now, after hooking up with the daughter of one of The Bronx’s most powerful political families, he’s aiming for a new job — the open City Council seat in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

Torres did not return repeated calls for comment.

Rivera denies Torres had a no-show job in her office.  “Mr. Torres did work part time for my district office,” Rivera told The Post through a message via Naomi’s Facebook page.

“It was for a period of four months ending in 2010. Because of his background in education, during those four months he was actively involved representing me in educational and at community events.”

She did not respond to requests for a detailed log of his hours or events he handled. While not denying they were an item, she refused to answer questions about their relationship.

“The Facebook page you are referring to is my own personal page, having nothing to do with my professional career, and I wish you would respect my privacy,” she said.

Her Facebook photos and comments make it clear that romance is in the air. She shows off 1-carat diamond earrings he purchased her for Valentine’s Day, in one photo. In another, Torres kisses her atop a snow-capped Poconos mountain. She writes underneath: “And then he kissed her...what does it all mean??? He loves her...he loves her not.....He loves her...he loves her not...”

Rivera writes under another photo showing them hugging at a Mets game, “[Heart] Ya Babe!” two months before Rivera hired him.

They are seen on his Facebook page attending the governor’s State of the State Address in 2010.

But long before Torres entered the Facebook picture, “Daniela” was posting racy comments and photos. In one, she’s hugging a hairdresser suggestively, over the comment, “My Floridian stud.”

After Post inquiries, she took down the Daniela page.

Rivera’s father is former Bronx Democratic Party boss and Assemblyman José Rivera, who in 2008 lost control of the borough machine amid charges of nepotism. Her brother is Joel Rivera, a city councilman.

New York Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Bronx politician has secret Facebook page; sexy photos with boy toy
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 01:08:19 am »
She's got my vote.  :smokin:  :silly:
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:44:15 am »
no words!  :donttalktome"

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 03:51:59 am »
I hope someone immortalized that facebook page before it got taken down!

Rivera’s father is former Bronx Democratic Party boss and Assemblyman José Rivera, who in 2008 lost control of the borough machine amid charges of nepotism. Her brother is Joel Rivera, a city councilman.

Sounds like corruption runs in the family.  Putting her boyfriend on the government payroll is not kosher.

Methinks we have another Weiner Affair!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 12:55:23 pm »
The latest:
Ex says Bx. pol Naomi Rivera 'squeezed' him out of nonprofit after he dumped her
By CANDICE M. GIOVE
August 20, 2012
EXCLUSIVE

She wanted revenge. An ex-lover of Bronx state Assemblywoman Naomi Rivera said that after he dumped her, she made his life a living hell — and finally had him booted as head of her crony-packed nonprofit.

“It was, basically, if this relationship ends, then your job ends — and that’s exactly what happened,” Vincent Pinela told The Post. “Everything started to get crazy.’’

He claims that after he broke things off with Rivera in March 2009, she moved several Assembly staffers — including her son’s live-in girlfriend — to his Bronx Council for Economic Development’s Lydig Avenue office to act as moles and even delayed state cash promised the group.

The son’s girlfriend, Ebony Rubio, would give Pinela “grief” and “watch him like a hawk” while there, Pinela said.

Exasperated, the agency chief griped in an e-mail to the board: “[Rivera] has had her employees approach me in an aggressive manner and . . . [Rubio] has spent most of her time reporting back to her office on what time I come into the office, how long she thinks I take lunch, and what time I leave the office for the day.”

The allegation was just one of several paybacks that Rivera — part of a powerful political family — tossed at Pinela for breaking up with her after 2 1/2 years, he said.

She also allegedly stalled his agency’s state checks, meaning that “I didn’t get paid for a month at a time. No benefits,” he said.

Rivera, 47, who left her Bronx home yesterday with her brother, City Council Majority Leader Joel Rivera, said of Pinela’s allegations: “I don’t know why anyone that was dear to me ever — it’s sad — that they would make allegations that are simply untrue.’’

Neither Naomi Rivera’s son nor Rubio could be reached for comment yesterday.

In an explosive set of allegations detailed in yesterday’s Post, Pinela had said that, shortly after they started dating, Rivera made him head of the BCED in 2006 even though he had no experience. She proceeded to use the situation to her personal advantage — and the organization as a personal piggy bank, he charged.

Pinela, 40, said he got fed up and broke up with her.  Soon after, he said, three state grants that had already received tentative approval when submitted under one report were returned to his office. The official reason? They had to be submitted separately.  He resubmitted the paperwork, he said, but their processing continued to be jammed up.

“There was never a problem” with the way he had submitted requests in the past, he noted.

A frazzled Pinela told board members that his ex-lover had his agency “in a chokehold.”

Demands kept coming from her office to produce events in the neighborhood, Pinela told them, while the money was drying up. Pinela called the state Assembly’s Human Resources Department to complain about Rivera in August 2009 but never heard back from it, he said. He was sacked six months later.

Pinela filed a sexual-harassment and wrongful-termination complaint with the state against the council in July 2010 but lost because Rivera was not his direct employer and because he did not seek other funding sources to keep his agency afloat, according to the official ruling.

Rivera’s alleged antics left government watchdogs furious.

“This shows why public money should not be given out at the discretion or whim of any one legislator,” said Common Cause’s Susan Lerner.

The city Department of Education is already “looking into” a situation involving a full-time Brooklyn public-school gym teacher who caught Rivera’s eye and started working for her district office but never informed the city of the state gig.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 01:01:22 pm »
Gosh, what possible party affiliation could she be???     :raise hand:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 07:47:00 pm »
Gosh, what possible party affiliation could she be???     :raise hand:

Given they skipped that tidbit in the article I think we all can surmise she's a rat.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776