Author Topic: [RUSH] I Am Really Worried About This Election  (Read 1807 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
[RUSH] I Am Really Worried About This Election
« on: August 08, 2012, 11:00:41 pm »

I Am Really Worried About This Election
August 08, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I am really worried about this election. (groans) I am really worried about what's gonna happen to this country if this guy wins. I've never felt this way about an election before. I have never. When football season has shown up, I have not cared.

I look at this election, and if Obama wins this? I am just worried for everybody, what the country's going to be, how it's gonna change, and we may not be able to get it back. Not for a long, long time. Anyway, just as a reason to explain. And of course I check the e-mail during the breaks, "You know, Rush, you're falling for it, all this Romney killing people. All Obama's trying to do is distract you and everybody from talking about the economy." Okay, what are we supposed to do here?

No matter what happens, remind you of the unemployment rate? Remind you of what the gross domestic product is not? If you want, every day I'll do nothing but give you the economic stats. My contention is that you know it and you feel it. Obama's got no record. I don't think that we have been deficient in highlighting Obama's failures, anyway.

END TRANSCRIPT

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: [RUSH] I Am Really Worried About This Election
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 11:09:51 pm »
Well I admit I am scared.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 11:12:04 pm »
I didn't listen to Rush today.  The tenor of this posting is quite desperate and depressing.  Was there a follow-up to this?  This doesn't sound good.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 11:18:31 pm »
Rush thinks that Romney will not fight back against the nuclear barrage that Obama has been launching for day one.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 11:50:50 pm »
It's just a belief that the Conservative base isn't going anywhere.

He's appealing to Blue Dog Democrats......and he'll keep his promise to repeal and/or defund Obamacare.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 12:32:40 am »
Rush insists that Romney does not have to appeal to independents.

I am damned sick and tired of these know it all loudmouths attacking our side.   As if there isn't enough to attack the dirtbags in the white house about.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 01:58:01 am »
I'm not worried. 

If it seems Obama's gaining an edge it's only because Obama's shot his wad but with minimal effect.  Obama can spend all the money he wants, he's running unopposed. 

Romney on the other hand by law can't spend dime one of his campaign cash--a considerable sum sitting in the bank, much more than Obama's raised--UNTIL he is officially the nominee--that is, post convention.

So wait till after the convention, after speaker after speaker has told a glowing story of Romney's life, an American tale of a successful career as governor and as a captain of industry building scores of businesses and generously giving of himself in service to others in his religious life, then tell me if you're still worried.

Offline evadR

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 02:44:53 am »
pfftt..
3 things:
VP announcement
Convention
All out blitz with every gun he's got...let loose the hounds.

oh, the 4th thing:
The dim convention is going to be a dismal arse grabbin' flop.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 11:13:15 am »
pfftt..
3 things:
VP announcement
Convention
All out blitz with every gun he's got...let loose the hounds.

oh, the 4th thing:
The dim convention is going to be a dismal arse grabbin' flop.

On the 4th thing:  I certainly hope not; I'm hoping the black bloc anarchists of OWS show up and give the convention a good demonstration of what they're all about - rioting in the streets.  A reprise of the 1968 neo-fascist, I mean democrat, party convention would be quite a useful object lesson.

Offline evadR

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 12:45:16 pm »
On the 4th thing:  I certainly hope not; I'm hoping the black bloc anarchists of OWS show up and give the convention a good demonstration of what they're all about - rioting in the streets.  A reprise of the 1968 neo-fascist, I mean democrat, party convention would be quite a useful object lesson.
oh, be still my heart.
I would pay good money to see that, I'd even donate to the RNC.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 12:59:21 pm »
The conventional wisdom is that the undecideds are moderates, and in order to win, you must appeal to them.  I don't buy it.  I believe the undecideds are looking for authenticity, and in order to appeal to them you have to convince them you are authentic.  Romney has a problem in this regard because he is not authentic.  He flips, he flops.  For example, to attack Obama for causing Delco employees to lose their pensions seems to suggest that Romney would have intervened MORE in the GM bailout.  Is that true?  And then yesterday, to suggest that the woman who lost her health care would have been better off in Massachusetts?  Please.

The Democrats have always played the "how can we fool 'em today" game.  Romney is not going to beat them at it.  He needs to beat them over the head with THE TRUTH.  Tell  the truth and if the American people can't handle it, they will have the government they deserve (just as they do in Greece).  But stop trying to out-lie the biggest liar in history to inhabit the White House.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 01:17:16 pm »
The ugly vicious tenor of the O campaign is a turn off to any decent American.  We don't speak that way to others, certainly not to friends and family. 

I would orefer that Romney not go there.   I am hearing the same old same old line.  Oh, there is no difference between the parties.

We must show a stark diffeence between dignity and respect and the gutter Chicago poliltics of the left.

The Saul spokeswoman worked for Crist and McCain.  Enough said. She needs to go.   That said there was a discussion about Romney's tenure in MA which was the basis for her comments about Romney care.  A lot of that context has been ignored.   The woman died near the end of Romney's term.

Am still furious for Hannity and Rush exploiting the misguided comment.   We have to remember that O is the enemy and keep at him.