Author Topic: Thousands Gather For Glenn Beck’s ‘Restoring Love’ Event At Cowboys Stadium  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/07/28/thousands-gather-for-beck-event/

Thousands Gather For Glenn Beck’s ‘Restoring Love’ Event At Cowboys Stadium
By Susy Solis, CBS 11 News
July 28, 2012 10:35 PM

ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM)- More than 65,000 people filled Cowboys Stadium to see one of the most polarizing figures in America: conservative radio host Glenn Beck.

Thousands of Beck supporters traveled from various states to hear his message during his “Restoring Love” event.

Patricia Mosely arrived at Cowboys Stadium early. She drove from South Carolina with her entire family to see the event.

“I came up to support Mr. Beck and the conservative movement,” she said.

Hearing Beck’s message was part of the summer vacation plans for John Kensynberg and his wife.

“Restoring the love, faith, and community, we feel that it’s time we had smaller government,” he said.

But while Beck’s supporters paid to see his message about “Restoring Love,” outside the stadium, there was no love for Beck or his message from the notorious Westboro Baptist Church, known to protest soldier’s funerals.

“I think he’s a false prophet. I think we better run from him. I think he needs to shut up,” said one protester who did not want to be named.

The Westboro Baptist members drew counter protesters who shouted, “What do we want? Peace!”

Back inside the stadium, Beck supporters did the wave, sang the Star-Spangled Banner and cheered when Beck welcomed them all to the “Republic of Texas.”

In his welcoming message, he encouraged his supporters to have faith, hope and perform charity.

“The courage to stand up for what you believe in and to stand in support of those things we find dear and sacred,” he said.

He later added: “We must not become America in name only, we must always strive to be a great country. We don’t have to spend our inheritance, we can build on it, invest it, improve it, make it bigger and better. That’s your choice. It’s our choice. Our inheritance is America.”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I watched most of it live on GBTV last night & I enjoyed it very much.  Glenn can get on my nerves easily sometimes, but he really shines during events like this. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

I watched most of it live on GBTV last night & I enjoyed it very much.  Glenn can get on my nerves easily sometimes, but he really shines during events like this.

Totally agree.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I've learned a lot listening to Glenn, particularly about American History.  I think he does good work.  I play his radio show at work & sometimes I see my customers get funny looks when Glenn, Stu & Pat start acting silly. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline FML

He gets on my nerves so much I never make it far enough learn anything  :laugh: 

Offline Rapunzel

He gets on my nerves so much I never make it far enough learn anything  :laugh:

I don't like his maudlin stuff, but when it comes to history there is no one better out there on the subject....

Offline Rapunzel

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2012/07/30/nets-punt-glenn-beck-drawing-crowd-65000-dallas

Nets Punt on Glenn Beck Drawing Crowd of 65,000 in Dallas

By Matthew Balan | July 30, 2012 | 19:02

CBS, which devoted four on-air segments between May 30 and June 1, 2012 to the "hundreds of Catholics" who rallied in support of dissenting nuns, ignored the tens of thousands who came from all over the U.S. to see conservative talk show host Glenn Beck speak on Saturday. In fact, all of the Big Three networks have yet to cover Beck's "Restoring Love" event in Dallas on their morning and evening newscasts.

CBS's Dallas affiliate reported that "more than 65,000 people filled Cowboys Stadium" for Beck's event. On Monday, Chris Ariens of MediaBistro's TVNewser blog noted that the gathering was a trending topic on Twitter on Saturday night.

Susy Solis of CBS 11 News in Dallas noted that Beck, "one of the most polarizing figures in America," drew the ire of the "notorious" Westboro Baptist Church, who protested the talk radio host. One unidentified protester labeled Beck a "false prophet."

This kind of omission from the Big Three isn't surprising. The networks also punted when Catholic dioceses and organizations filed 12 lawsuits against the Obama administration's abortifacient/birth control mandate in federal courts across the U.S. on May 21, 2012. They also regularly ignore the March for Life in Washington, DC, which draws hundreds of thousands to Washington, DC every year. As DC conservative talk show host Chris Plante has put it, one of the liberal media's greatest powers is the power to ignore.