Author Topic: Great Romney Ad: "It Worked" [video]  (Read 1219 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Great Romney Ad: "It Worked" [video]
« on: July 29, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »

Great Romney Ad: "It Worked"
July 27, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Romney has an ad called "It Worked." You know what's happening to people who appear in Romney ads? They're being harassed. This guy Gilchrist that appeared in one of Romney's ads the past ten days in New Hampshire is being harassed on the phone and in person. Not threatened yet, but he's being harassed. People that raise money for Romney, people that donate to Romney are being harassed by the regime, by Obama soldiers. I just want you to know that.

And these people are not backing down.

The donors, the people appearing in the commercials, they're not backing down.

(interruption) Yeah, yeah, I'll get to Romney and the Olympics. It turns out he was right, and it wasn't that bad a thing to say anyway. You know, if you can't go someplace and be honest about something, what's the point? He wasn't being insulting. It's just political correctness run amuck. "You can't come over here and tell the truth! What are you talking about, Mr. Romney? Who do you think you are to come over here and tell the truth?"

Romney has an ad in response to Obama saying, "We tried our plan and it worked." That's the next one. The first Obama sound bite that we've been playing (impression), "You didn't do that! You didn't build that! You didn't make that happen." The second is he's running around saying "It worked." We tried our plan, and it worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0etEmiCL8M&feature=player_embedded

Listen to the ad Romney's team put together off of that.

OBAMA: We've tried our plan, and it worked!

FOLLOWERS: (cheering)

OBAMA: That's the difference. That's the choice in this election. That's why I'm running for a second term.

MAN: You know, I had to file my own personal bankruptcy. I had to close my business.

WOMAN: I've been looking for a job for two years.

MAN: You know, it's difficult to find employment.

WOMAN: A year ago, I was laid off from my job.

WOMAN: I have to work part time in order to make ends meet.

MAN: Sometimes I feel like I'm a failure.

SCOTT PELLEY, CBS NEWS: Good evening. This is the worst economic recovery America has ever had.

RUSH: And then there's a graphic that says, "Do you agree it's working?"

Some of the graphics over this ad are good. For example, after Obama says, "That's why I'm running for a second term," the graphics says, "It worked?" The first guy says, "You know, I had to file my own personal bankruptcy. I had to close my business." The woman says, "I've been looking for a job for two years." The graphic is: "45 million Americans now on food stamps." And the woman says, "A year ago, I was laid off from my job." Graphic: "23 million Americans struggling for work." The guy says, "Sometimes I feel like I'm a failure." The graphic over that is: "Over 46 million Americans now in poverty, highest ever."

It is a good ad, folks. It's a good ad

It's well put together, and it illustrates the problem Obama's got.

END TRANSCRIPT

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Great Romney Ad: "It Worked" [video]
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 07:47:37 pm »
Where they ask for a donation to the Romney campaign right after Pelley......it was a bit off-putting.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Re: Great Romney Ad: "It Worked" [video]
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 03:18:37 pm »
Where they ask for a donation to the Romney campaign right after Pelley......it was a bit off-putting.

The Romney folks - and GOPers in general - need to get more savvy about fund-raising; like not spoiling a really good hit on the opponent by diluting it with a fundraising pitch and not sending tons and tons of snail-mail asking for more money to people who made their contributions online:  (1) it's a waste of the money I contributed and (2) if I made my initial contributions online, what on Earth possesses them to think that I'll make subsequent contributions by snail-mail?