Author Topic: Atlas Shrugged  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Atlas Shrugged
« on: July 18, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Re: Atlas Shrugged
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:22:22 PM »
Quite apropos of Mr. Obama's recent putdown of private business.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:51:03 AM »
I might try to compile timely quotes from Atlas Shrugged.  I say might because it could prove challenging. 

A noble (entertaining and informative) undertaking on your part--since the book is practically a bible for those of us on the right.  Gee, it's been years since I first read Atlas Shrugged.

I think you've inspired me to tackle it once again, Lando.  Because, as Ocean said, the book's philosophical underpinning is so especially relevant today.  From Wiki:

"The book explores a dystopian United States where many of society's most productive citizens refuse to be exploited by increasing taxation and government regulations and go on strike."
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »
I have been away from computers and have been unable to post.  I will reconnect better next week!
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 04:44:27 PM »
I have been away from computers and have been unable to post.  I will reconnect better next week!

Hurry back!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 04:52:07 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf