Author Topic: Prediction: Romney is going to lose ...  (Read 20162 times)

Offline Scythian

• I won't be told anymore that I've been brought down in this storm
Prediction: Romney is going to lose ...
« on: July 16, 2012, 07:04:17 pm »
Romney himself isn't that exciting, I just looked at the list of potential VP's on Drudge and think this is going to be more boring than 2008. At least Palin injected some lifeblood into the campaign.

Pawlenty? That's who it looks like it's going to be? PLEASE you gotta be kidding me, he didn't look like he could fight his way out of a wet paper bag ...
It is almost a law of history that the same wealth that generates a civilization announces its decay. For wealth produce ease as well as art; it softens a people to the ways of luxury and peace and invites invasion from stronger arms and hungrier mouths.

- Will Durant

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Prediction: Romney is going to lose ...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 07:09:39 pm »
I know it looks a little depressing right now....but don't get discouraged just yet.....I am still hoping Romney will fight back with this Bain crap and not wait until it is too late.........have faith.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scythian

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 07:17:15 pm »
Why do we keep getting these milk-toast Republicans, beleive me, I want Obama out of there so bad, but even so it's hard for me to get all excited about Romney, it's for sure I'll vote for him, but sheeze, if he picks Pawlenty it's going to be labeled the "White bread ol' boys ticket". I think if he picks Pawlenty he loses. I really think these candidates live in a vacumn ...
It is almost a law of history that the same wealth that generates a civilization announces its decay. For wealth produce ease as well as art; it softens a people to the ways of luxury and peace and invites invasion from stronger arms and hungrier mouths.

- Will Durant

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 07:19:59 pm »
Why do we keep getting these milk-toast Republicans, beleive me, I want Obama out of there so bad, but even so it's hard for me to get all excited about Romney, it's for sure I'll vote for him, but sheeze, if he picks Pawlenty it's going to be labeled the "White bread ol' boys ticket". I think if he picks Pawlenty he loses. I really think these candidates live in a vacumn ...

I know...we need some young blood, someone exciting and they are out there...why they/we pick the same old white haired repub's is beyond me.....I am not sure Pawlenty is the guy.....so many rumors out there right now....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 07:22:27 pm »
I'm hoping this Pawlenty rumor is just an intentional leak/trail balloon/distraction. Really hoping. 

Okay, praying.

Because if it's true, then we're more f***ed than a Thanksgiving turkey on Wednesday afternoon.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline McGruff

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 07:36:26 pm »
This is the second time a RINO has been shoved down our throat. If Romney doesn't do what McLame did for a VP he's in big trouble.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 07:49:23 pm »
This is the second time a RINO has been shoved down our throat. If Romney doesn't do what McLame did for a VP he's in big trouble.

I don't get the whole "shoved down our throat" thing.

Are you suggesting that  acceptable nominees should be handed to you?

Why didn't the conservative nominees win the nomination?

If they can't win the Party's nomination, what makes you think they can win the general election?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 07:51:56 pm »
It is and was clear to any observer when you have ten conservatives and only one moderate running, the moderate is going to garner enough votes to carry the day -- especially since the early states deciding the primary race lean left and allow open voting.  Romney never broke 25% in GOP popularity, but the other 75% was split between too many people.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Scythian

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 08:02:46 pm »
Great reply Repunzel. I think the GOP prefers these open primaries because they GOP is in large part the "Generals" in a "Globe Trotter" game, they're on the same team. I hate our primary process, just hate it.

- Will Durant

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 08:05:43 pm »
At my age (66 in Aug), I still have faith that there are still enough Baby Boomers alive that will be able to cancel out the votes of the school-aged voters.

Secondly, that there are some Democratic party members out there that are pissed off in that they never agreed to sign on with this agenda....and who will vote for the easier-to-swallow MODERATE, Mitt Romney.

But I have no illusions that unless the education system is torn apart and rebuilt with strong American, Founding Fathers principles.....that we have allowed the Left to destroy the United States of America as intended to be.

.....still want to know why nobody has demanded a conversation with Obama on his meaning of "........fundamentally changing the United States of America".   It gives weight to my assertion that we outnumber them.

I still predict an incredible landslide in favor of Mitt Romney.   And predict that if he does what's necessary, the GOP majority will be at risk in 2014.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 08:14:41 pm »
 goopo

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 08:27:33 pm »
It is and was clear to any observer when you have ten conservatives and only one moderate running, the moderate is going to garner enough votes to carry the day -- especially since the early states deciding the primary race lean left and allow open voting.  Romney never broke 25% in GOP popularity, but the other 75% was split between too many people.

But that points to lack of discipline and organization in the part of the conservatives.

Romney may not ever have received more than 25% of the vote, but then again, there was no conservative running able to get more than 25% consistently by coalescing the conservative vote.

Why is it that everyone expects things to be done for them?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline McGruff

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 08:28:46 pm »

Yup. Happened in 2008 and again this cycle. How do you stop that from happening. I don't know. But I know I'm disgusted with it. Could even Ronald Reagan win the nomination these days?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 08:37:14 pm »
"...when you have ten conservatives and only one moderate running, the moderate is going to garner enough votes to carry the day."

You know, that's a negative on the conservative vote, not a negative on the moderate voters.

Conservatives need to do the things that win election, not complain that others did them, and won.

Romney never broke 25% in GOP popularity

Excuse me?

2012 Primary Schedules and Results

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 09:03:24 pm »
Yup. Happened in 2008 and again this cycle. How do you stop that from happening. I don't know. But I know I'm disgusted with it. Could even Ronald Reagan win the nomination these days?

Short of holding a conservatives only primary and then running that candidate against the moderate GOP party bosses candidate we will continue to lose with people like McCain, Dole, Poppy Bush, etc...    Michelle Bachman still thinks she is the cats' meow, but she was an unmitigated disaster who did everything possible to destroy fellow conservatives while not saying boo to Romney... Pawlenty quit after his one bad debate where he coined the phrase ORhombycare....   Cain and his 9,9,9....... yuck!   there was only one successful conservative running and everyone lined up against him because of immigration and what he had done in Texas....

p.s.  Palin didn't endorse Perry, either.  She and her husband supported Newt! 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 09:18:16 pm »

Wait a minute.  McCain lost.  You want Romney to lose by doing what McCain did?

Some folks are all worked up over Sarah Palin, but you really need to get over her.  She is not campaigning for Romney, she can barely bring herself to endorse him, yet she and her followers have their panties in a wad because Romney's not laying out the red carpet for her or allowing her to speak at the convention.

Why should he? 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »

Romney has about 90 percent support in the GOP right now.  And he reached the 90 percent mark back in late April, early May--in fact, Romney achieved one of the highest levels of support at the earliest point in a campaign ever recorded, according to Rasmussen. 

Offline Queen

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 11:52:55 pm »
it's hard for me to get all excited about Romney, it's for sure I'll vote for him

We don't need another rock star president. People bought into all the hype surrounding obama and then reality bit them in their wallets. People who voted for obama before (not me, I'm racist, ya know) may be looking for a common sense, steady leader this time. We'll see.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 12:28:46 am »
It's too early to start making predictions.  Romney has to be considered the underdog, based on money and the electoral college.  In truth, no one in the establishment thought any Republican could beat OPapaDoc in 2012, which is one reason our field of candidates was so weak.  Romney was the establishment's choice because he was the "safest" guy to head the ticket while the party tried to get the senate and hold the house. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 01:31:23 am »
And as always, I remind -- Conservatives claiming to be "victims."
Of:

GOPe, RNC, elites, media, Romney, .....

.....anything but admitting how weak the lineup of "true conservative" candidates was, how poorly they performed, how some stayed in far beyond the time they were clearly loosing, etc. etc.

Sometimes I think about this:  If conservatives are superior, and for that reason deserve to lead, why not demonstrate that superiority more often?

The majority of online conservatism seems wasted on making up childish names for Obama, posting cartoons and graphics, etc. And discussing abortion and homosexuality ad infinitum.

Hardly any effort of educating WHY conservative principles result in a stronger economy (think Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, textbooks, etc.).

Oh yeah, people ought to rethink the dismissal of Reagan's 11th commandment. The nominee is known, and it is time to unify and work for a win, not endlessly criticize.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 01:59:14 am »

I don't recollect McCain's VP pick getting him the Presidency.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 02:31:28 am »
But that points to lack of discipline and organization in the part of the conservatives.

Romney may not ever have received more than 25% of the vote, but then again, there was no conservative running able to get more than 25% consistently by coalescing the conservative vote.

Why is it that everyone expects things to be done for them?

Luis, I am curious, would you want Romney to pick Rubio? You are close on the ground in FLA. so I am curious what you think of him?
i personally love the guy.. *swoon*..(Sorry just had to do that for old time sake)  LOL

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 03:45:17 am »
Luis, I am curious, would you want Romney to pick Rubio? You are close on the ground in FLA. so I am curious what you think of him?
i personally love the guy.. *swoon*..(Sorry just had to do that for old time sake)  LOL

I'm going to put on my flak suit, answer this, then head for cover.

Marco Rubio does not meet the Constitutional requirements under Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution to hold the Office of President, and because of that, he can't be Vice President.

...(running for cover)

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 03:55:04 am »
I'm going to put on my flak suit, answer this, then head for cover.

Marco Rubio does not meet the Constitutional requirements under Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution to hold the Office of President, and because of that, he can't be Vice President.

...(running for cover)

JIM is that you? LMAO

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 04:07:51 am »

I'm of two minds, Luis.  I like Rubio.  But you make a good point.  That birthplace thing could be a problem for him.

But I also like West.  He would make a great attack dog (with the added benefit of having that great Florida tan, giving him more leeway in criticizing the president).  And I'd certainly be comfortable if a man with his tough military background had to step up to the role of president.