Author Topic: Guilty!  (Read 8358 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Guilty!
« on: July 16, 2012, 05:59:06 pm »
We throw the wrappers away, read them in private, or watch them when we are alone.

We all have them...our guilty pleasures. Those things that we do,and we like, even though we are ashamed to admit it, or are not good for us.

Now it's time to come clean.

List your top ten guilty pleasures, and don't lie...we know what you did and where you hid the evidence.

P.S. If you're going to get jiggy with this list, include video.

10. Spongebob Squarepants - because adulthood is highly overrated.
  9. Taco Bell Chalupas...best late at night after a few (too many) drinks
  8. Jerry Springer...seriously, you slept with your wife's sister's cousin's father?
  7. Chips Ahoy cookies and milk...see #10.
  6. Barry Manilow...OK, I know...can we just not talk about it?
  5. ABBA...as if Manilow wasn't bad enough
  4. Ham croquettes at La Carreta in Miami...seriously, culinary art
  3. Stephen King...because clowns really ARE scary
  2. The Lemoncello Cream Torte at The Cheesecake Factory...OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!
  1. Nutella...just give me a jar of it and a spoon and go away. The world is a better place then.

OK...your turn.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Guilty!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 06:22:41 pm »
I'm not sure I can go to ten, mostly because I don't think pleasure is something anyone should be guilty about, but here are a few:

Ghost Hunters
American Idol
Orson Scott Card (especially Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow)
Natalie Portman, Penelope Cruz and Scarlet Johanson
Yoplait Boston Cream Pie yogurt mixed with a chocolate pudding cup, topped with roasted peanuts or almonds

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 06:31:57 pm »
My yellow cake with choc fudge icing...
All the Housewives shows on Bravo....don't ask why I just love watching them
QVC and HSN....don't tell Mike...lol
Cocoa cola cake at Cracker Barrel...try it and you will know why
purses and shoes
silver jewelry
anything with glitter...see also purses and shoes
I must add my bullys and new cavachon pup.....how did I forget them...lol
GBR.....
my two grandsons
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:39:29 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 06:35:53 pm »

Mmmm...individually, or otherwise?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 06:37:07 pm »
anything with glitter...see also purses and shoes

Is that like an Elton John fetish?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 06:38:41 pm »
Is that like an Elton John fetish?

Hmmm...never thought of Elton John...just thought I was going through my girly second childhood....spent the first as a tomboy...lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 06:40:36 pm »
I'm not sure I can go to ten, mostly because I don't think pleasure is something anyone should be guilty about, but here are a few:

Ghost Hunters
American Idol
Orson Scott Card (especially Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow)
Yoplait Boston Cream Pie yogurt mixed with a chocolate pudding cup, topped with roasted peanuts or almonds

BTW...Ender's Game is queued up in my nook reading list.

As soon as I finish "A Dog's Purpose.", and before I cut back into the seemingly endless Wheel of Time series.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 07:19:33 pm »
Okay, I'll bite:
  • The Blue Collar Comedy Tour. Larry the Cable Guy's facial expressions crack me up, and Ron White is friggin' hysterical. Plus, he drinks scotch and smokes cigars, as do I.
  • Watching Spanish-language cable talk shows with the sound turned off because I don't speak the language and I really just want to see big-busted women wearing skimpy halters, and short skirts.
  • Cheese Whiz liberally lathered on shaved steak with onions.
  • Going down to the garage to clean one of my guns because some days I just need to inhale some Hoppe's #9.
  • Dive bars with 50¢ drafts, stale peanuts, and old jukeboxes loaded with Waylon, Willie, Haggard and Jones.
  • Greasy diner breakfasts served with coffee made so strong that it could strip spar varnish off the deck of a boat.
  • The Collected Poetry of Robert Service. Not the world's best poet to be sure, but his raw tales of the frozen Yukon can take your breath like an icy blast of subzero air. 
  • Tall, blue-eyed brunettes dressed in black stockings and by dressed, I mean largely "undressed".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 07:22:14 pm »
Okay, I'll bite:
  • The Blue Collar Comedy Tour. Larry the Cable Guy's facial expressions crack me up, and Ron White is friggin' hysterical. Plus, he drinks scotch and smokes cigars, as do I.
  • Watching Spanish-language cable talk shows with the sound turned off because I don't speak the language and I really just want to see big-busted women wearing skimpy halters, and short skirts.
  • Cheese Whiz liberally lathered on shaved steak with onions.
  • Going down to the garage to clean one of my guns because some days I just need to inhale some Hoppe's #9.
  • Dive bars with 50¢ drafts, stale peanuts, and old jukeboxes loaded with Waylon, Willie, Haggard and Jones.
  • Greasy diner breakfasts served with coffee made so strong that it could strip spar varnish off the deck of a boat.
  • The Collected Poetry of Robert Service. Not the world's best poet to be sure, but his raw tales of the frozen Yukon can take your breath like an icy blast of subzero air. 
  • Tall, blue-eyed brunettes dressed in black stockings and by dressed, I mean largely "undressed".

Good list!

One comment...your second and your last entries are (if not redundant) very similar.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 07:23:35 pm »
Good list!

One comment...your second and your last entries are (if not redundant) very similar.

The brunette doesn't speak Spanish.  :beer:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 07:40:28 pm »
The brunette doesn't speak Spanish.  :beer:

Ah!

Got it!

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 07:40:58 pm »
  • Any really GOOD New York-style pizza (and they are HARD to find)
  • Dateline ID Channel
  • Mafia-related movies, TV shows, books, documentaries, biographies (does NOT include Mob Wives-yuck)
  • Chick-Fil-A chicken sammie
  • Good wine
  • Long Island Medium
  • Dallas
  • Mojitos at a fun place for Happy Hour
  • Kathy Griffin
  • Taco Bell Burrito Supremes

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 07:43:04 pm »
  • Any really GOOD New York-style pizza (and they are HARD to find)
  • Dateline ID Channel
  • Mafia-related movies, TV shows, books, documentaries, biographies (does NOT include Mob Wives-yuck)
  • Chick-Fil-A chicken sammie
  • Good wine
  • Long Island Medium
  • Dallas
  • Mojitos
  • Kathy Griffin
  • Taco Bell Burrito Supremes

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 07:46:17 pm »
Oh, yum!   :beer:

(I even make my own--have fresh mint growing in my little townhouse garden as we speak).

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 07:54:31 pm »
Mmmm...individually, or otherwise?

For me, they're interchangeable, so I put them all in the same category.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 07:57:07 pm »
BTW...Ender's Game is queued up in my nook reading list.

As soon as I finish "A Dog's Purpose.", and before I cut back into the seemingly endless Wheel of Time series.

If you like it, read Ender's Shadow next instead of the rest of the trilogy.  The second book of the trilogy is pretty good, but the third is not up to the standard of the first two.  Ender's Shadow may be better than Ender's Game, and it makes a great follow-up to the original book.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 08:37:27 pm »

10) Marshmallow peeps.
9) Nestle's Ultimate Chocolate Cookie dough....325 for 14 minutes.    9a) tall glass of ice-cold 2% milk.
8) reading whatever sportswriter Tom Boswell has to say....especially about baseball.   http://www.washingtonpost.com/2011/02/24/ABcmlyI_page.html
7) Johnny Black
6) Torie Black
5) Eggs Benedict at the Original Pancake House in Bethesda, MD.
4) Ted's hotdogs   http://www.tedsonline.com/content/pages/history
3) Classical cello.  Strings in general...the more allegro the better.
2) Dover Sole.
1) being here on the forum with all you nice folks!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 09:04:22 pm »
Never heard of Ted's hot dogs.  Do they sell 'em at Wegmans?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 09:11:21 pm »
Never heard of Ted's hot dogs.  Do they sell 'em at Wegmans?

Yes they do.

Sahlen's Original Smokehouse Hotdogs.

Be careful, because they also sell, 'low fat' and smokehouse skinless wieners.

Charcoal them over hardwood chunk charcoal continuously poking them with a long-handled fork every time you turn them with the tongs.  LOL!

"The works" is French's mustard, chopped onion, and Ted's hot sauce (which I understand can be purchased online now)....and a thin slice of pickle.

You get two of those bad boys with an order of their onion rings (which are also pictured on their site)....there's nothing like them drenched in salt and vinegar.

Add a glass of their loganberry soda and you're in heaven. 

I always swore that I would open one up down here in Maryland.....it would be bigger than Five Guys in less than 3 years.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 09:26:01 pm »
Oh, Sahlens... OK I've had those.   Snap dogs--very good. 

You like 2% milk?  Lewes Dairy milk is sold at boutique grocers in the DC area (all grocery stores here).   Try it you'll like it!

I always swore that I would open one up down here in Maryland.....it would be bigger than Five Guys in less than 3 years.

Open one in Rehoboth Beach at the boardwalk!  There's a Nathans here that's doing terrible from what I can see.  Really an overpriced and uninspiring place, and I LIKE Nathan's hotdogs!  They'll probably close after this year.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:27:46 pm by Lipstick on a Hillary »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 10:37:50 pm »

Now I'm really depressed.  Everyone seems to know how to live it up.  Me, I have no list, and apparently, no life.  I eat salmon and salad almost every night, vegetable soup with sliced chicken for lunch from the same Chinese take out, and the same EAS protein shake every morning.  I run 5-miles, four days a week, around the same park.

Okay, I thought of something.  I watch Leave It To Beaver and Andy Griffith Show marathons on Netflix.  I know--I'm a wild and crazy guy.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 02:38:41 am »
Now I'm really depressed.  Everyone seems to know how to live it up.  Me, I have no list, and apparently, no life.  I eat salmon and salad almost every night, vegetable soup with sliced chicken for lunch from the same Chinese take out, and the same EAS protein shake every morning.  I run 5-miles, four days a week, around the same park.

Okay, I thought of something.  I watch Leave It To Beaver and Andy Griffith Show marathons on Netflix.  I know--I'm a wild and crazy guy.

Sometimes I find myself roaring out loud with laughter watching Big Bang Theory....and it jars the boyhood memory hearing my grandmother doing the same downstairs in the kitchen watching Gomer Pyle.

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 02:46:49 am »

I know how you feel.  I eat more salmon and salad, or veggie pasta dinners than I care to admit to, but they sure aren't my guilty pleasures! 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 03:52:32 am »
Oh, yum!   :beer:

(I even make my own--have fresh mint growing in my little townhouse garden as we speak).

You should try a Morena.

You do everything exactly as you do for your mojito, but use this sugar...

...and this rum.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 03:53:12 am »

10) Marshmallow peeps.
9) Nestle's Ultimate Chocolate Cookie dough....325 for 14 minutes.    9a) tall glass of ice-cold 2% milk.
8) reading whatever sportswriter Tom Boswell has to say....especially about baseball.   http://www.washingtonpost.com/2011/02/24/ABcmlyI_page.html
7) Johnny Black
6) Torie Black
5) Eggs Benedict at the Original Pancake House in Bethesda, MD.
4) Ted's hotdogs   http://www.tedsonline.com/content/pages/history
3) Classical cello.  Strings in general...the more allegro the better.
2) Dover Sole.
1) being here on the forum with all you nice folks!   :beer:

Do you nuke the Peeps?