Author Topic: Weekly Sci-Fi Thread (07/15/12)  (Read 2254 times)

Online kevindavis007

Weekly Sci-Fi Thread (07/15/12)
« on: July 15, 2012, 10:43:47 pm »
Sunday:
9/8 -- Falling Skies -- TNT

Monday:
9/8 -- Eureka -- SyFy (Final Episode)

Wednesday:
10/9 -- Futurama -- Comedy Central
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Weekly Sci-Fi Thread (07/15/12)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 12:04:32 am »
I lost Comedy Central this week with the Viacom dispute. Guess I'll have have to look for Futurama online.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 01:35:10 am »
I lost Comedy Central this week with the Viacom dispute. Guess I'll have have to look for Futurama online.

I tried to watch Futurama, but after 2 weeks, I have given up..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 03:27:53 am »

Yep....I flipped through the DirecTV guide a minute ago and there are all kinds of notices about channels that are not available.

Seems like they go through this at least once a year....

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 03:57:04 am »
Yep....I flipped through the DirecTV guide a minute ago and there are all kinds of notices about channels that are not available.

Seems like they go through this at least once a year....

You all lost Viacom on DTV and we lost AMC, WE and a couple of others on DISH.....  seems the satellite providers are starting to dig in their heels in over rising costs to them that they have to pass on to us.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Dengar01

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:42:48 pm »
You all lost Viacom on DTV and we lost AMC, WE and a couple of others on DISH.....  seems the satellite providers are starting to dig in their heels in over rising costs to them that they have to pass on to us.

I used to have DirecTV but because I live in the forest now there is no line of site for a satellite so I have cable.  I don't remember this stuff happening when I used to have DTV is this just a new thing going on with dish companies but not cable companies?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 11:36:38 pm »
I used to have DirecTV but because I live in the forest now there is no line of site for a satellite so I have cable.  I don't remember this stuff happening when I used to have DTV is this just a new thing going on with dish companies but not cable companies?

Must be...  it is one thing for them to carry so many stations, but to carry some they are forced to carry others and then lay the cost off on subscribers..  I do miss AMC, though I liked it better back in the days when it was commercial-free and showed better movies...  but to carry AMC Dish was being forced to carry several other lesser stations like WE....  and pay more for the pleasure of doing so and they said no way and pulled the plug on July 1st and replaced it with commercial-free HDNMY which, so far, has some really good movies.   During the week I watch FOX News and then some of the network programming, but on weekends I watch movies -- no news for two days ~LOL~...... 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776