Author Topic: The Comeback Cabinet  (Read 10851 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: The Comeback Cabinet
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2012, 01:42:13 am »

As far as consolidating/reorganizing cabinets...

Whoa.  You put a lot of thought into this cabinet stuff.  Probably more thought than Obama ever has.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2012, 02:36:15 am »
Whoa.  You put a lot of thought into this cabinet stuff.  Probably more thought than Obama ever has.

What are you doing here? I thought you self banned yourself...LMAO :pondering: :whistle:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline aligncare

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2012, 05:52:24 am »

You know very well the Briefing Room is an addiction.  I'm going to seek professional help at PA, Posters Anonymous.  First, I admit that I cannot control my compulsion; next, I acknowledge that there is a power greater than myself:  mystery-ak.  Then we deal with the remaining steps to recovery.  Wish me luck.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2012, 06:03:59 am »
You know very well the Briefing Room is an addiction.  I'm going to seek professional help at PA, Posters Anonymous.  First, I admit that I cannot control my compulsion; next, I acknowledge that there is a power greater than myself:  mystery-ak.  Then we deal with the remaining steps to recovery.  Wish me luck.

LOL you need a plan to start recovery and trying to overcome this addiction in the middle of the most important election in our lifetime, will doom you to failure!  :silly:

Offline evadR

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2012, 12:26:39 pm »
Don't do it.
The Briefing Room is not an addiction, it's a retreat.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2012, 01:20:50 pm »
Don't do it.
The Briefing Room is not an addiction, it's a retreat.

I joke around, but I know you're right.  I don't go to Drudge, Mediaite, Breitbart, Huffpo (and certainly NEVER to DU); it seems pointless to.  I have the Briefing Room on my browser's tab, and that's it; myst and the crew bring the news to me and I pick and choose how much I want to engage.

It's just that right now, and from time to time, I feel political news consuming so much of my energy and time; I find myself getting depressed, anxious, fearful.  When I feel that starting to happen my brain triggers a safety switch and off it all goes, for the sake of my sanity.  But my interest in my country, in politics, and you folks here never really goes away, it just goes on hiatus.  And besides that, I happen to be cultivating a growing relationship with a communist babe from Hungary who speaks no English ... yep, I'm walking a tightrope folks.

Oceander

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2012, 02:21:22 pm »

Good luck with that!  :silly:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2012, 05:19:43 pm »

Try alcohol, or maybe a controlled substance...at least you'll find organizations dedicated to helping you through that. Posters Anonymous has a very poor attendance record, as most members can't tear themselves away from a computer long enough to attend a meeting.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2012, 05:44:56 pm »
Try alcohol, or maybe a controlled substance...at least you'll find organizations dedicated to helping you through that. Posters Anonymous has a very poor attendance record, as most members can't tear themselves away from a computer long enough to attend a meeting.

Didn't you know their meetings are online!!!  :thud: :silly:

Offline evadR

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2012, 08:00:40 pm »
"You know very well the Briefing Room is an addiction.  I'm going to seek professional help at PA, Posters Anonymous.  First, I admit that I cannot control my compulsion; next, I acknowledge that there is a power greater than myself:  mystery-ak." 

The recidivism rate for PA is extremely high.
I suggest yielding to your base desires and making the best of it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2012, 08:14:50 pm »
"You know very well the Briefing Room is an addiction.  I'm going to seek professional help at PA, Posters Anonymous.  First, I admit that I cannot control my compulsion; next, I acknowledge that there is a power greater than myself:  mystery-ak." 
The recidivism rate for PA is extremely high.
I suggest yielding to your base desires and making the best of it.

Best advice yet.

Just f$#^% it and go with it.

Do it naked for the extra added psychological impact.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2012, 08:21:11 pm »
Best advice yet.

R4M slaps Luis around a bit with a large trout!!!  (memories) LOL

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2012, 08:25:37 pm »
Oh my... the words Luis, naked and large were all used in a single post.   :whistle:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2012, 08:38:18 pm »
Best advice yet.

Hey, wait a minute.  Was that just an idle suggestion, or did someone plant a camera in my apartment?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:02:03 pm by aligncare »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2012, 08:39:47 pm »
Oh my... the words Luis, naked and large were all used in a single post.   :whistle:

We must be getting old.

We failed to include "wet" in either sentence.

Offline ladybug

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2012, 07:11:24 pm »
Definitely Bolton for Secretary of State

Definitely Rudy for Homeland Security

Definitely Palin for Secretary of Energy (let's face no one knows energy in the party better than her)

And Donald Trump wants Commerce and I think he would be excellent

Just do not name an environmentalist or environmentalist leaner for Interior!!!!!!!
So far I'm with you, but I'm not sure about The Donald. He promotes only himself. But he's a patriot.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:15:10 pm by ladybug »

Oceander

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2012, 07:45:29 pm »
So far I'm with you, but I'm not sure about The Donald. He promotes only himself. But he's a patriot.

How about Donald for housing?  He's a real estate mogul after all.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2012, 08:01:03 pm »
How about Donald for housing?  He's a real estate mogul after all.

Someone has to turn it around....... that is for certain.... and sooner rather than later....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ladybug

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2012, 08:03:29 pm »
YEP...

Offline evadR

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2012, 10:43:18 pm »
I'm not sure The Donald could pass vetting on his personal finances.

He does have that ego though..he'd probably find a way.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2012, 02:28:29 pm »
Defense must be Lt Col Allen West; only one with battlefield experience and he loves his military brethren.  Heart and cajones plus brains in one package.  There can be no doubt on this one.  Petraeus has liberal tendencies; read his CV.  He is the author of the counter-insurgency strategy.  Ask yourself how well that is working in Afghanistan, or Iraq now that our forces are out of the picture there.

Offline ladybug

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2012, 09:08:28 pm »
You want to make a statement heard around the world and in every Muslim nation?

Make Joe Lieberman either Secretary of State, or Defense.

Shocking and out of left field, but very a very eloquent message.
I hadn't thought of Joe Lieberman but he's an excellent choice for either post...seriosely.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2012, 03:40:03 am »
Hey you all.

I've been REALLY, REALLY busy lately, with very little time to do the things that  I like to do...like posting in The Briefing Room.

I'll set up some polls shortly.

Keep those suggestions coming.