Author Topic: Dallas the new show, it is so AL GORE!!!..... thoughts?  (Read 2469 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

Dallas the new show, it is so AL GORE!!!..... thoughts?
« on: July 05, 2012, 04:24:44 am »
I was never a Dallas crazy, but I did know the story and watched once and while in the 70's-80's..  but I started watching this new one just to see who was in it.. WELL.. they have turned it into an enviro show about oil... So while in the early Dallas I and everyone hated JR and loved Bobby, in this new one, you have to love Jr and John Ross jr.. and hate   Bobby and his son Christopher as they are all "Al Gorish" while Jr and son want to Drill baby drill..  You can tell that the left wing nutjobs are writing the show...

The funniest part is that now I am wanting JR to stick it to the greenies!!!

My how times have changed!!  :patriot:
Who would have thought a show about Tx oil drilling could turn into an enviro show :terror:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:28:18 am by Repub4Mitt »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline mountaineer

Re: Dallas the new show, it is so AL GORE!!!..... thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 02:00:49 pm »
Who would have thought a show about Tx oil drilling could turn into an enviro show
Sounds like the "Law and Order" franchise of shows, which changed from simple crime drama to political propaganda. Yuck.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline freelancer

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 03:28:23 pm »
I am trying to like the new Dallas TV show but don't know how much longer I will hang in.  They are repeating the formula from the first Dallas, i.e. sex, betrayal, bribery, underhanded deals, old grudges, etc. but the new kids on the block aren't seasoned actors and the script is throwing in so much so soon that it is distracting rather than intriguing for the whole storyline.  Perhaps the shock value has forever been passed by the years since the original Dallas enjoyed the weekly exposure of big money and big deals and utter corruption in all areas of life.   

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 04:16:06 pm »
I think it illustrates things pretty well.

On one hand, you have JR and son, ruthless, nasty types-- but also highly successful.

On the other, you have Bobby and son, nice guys (and they certainly look sympathetic), but weaklings.

It's the classic dilemma... follow your morals, or follow the money. That makes it perfect for a catty soap-like drama. I caught the first two episodes on premiere night; pretty much what I expected from it. Seeing that I watch very little TV anyway I haven't really watched it since.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 02:33:38 am »
I would have never watched it...except, we were visiting my daughter and her hubby and she had Tivo'd it. I was trapped.
Pure 100% Algore BS but, you gotta love those JR eyebrows.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 08:17:12 am »
I've DVR's this from the start... just now getting around to watching it.  Right off in episode one I am reminded why we used to pop corn and watch this faithfully every Friday night .. Larry Hagman...  The man IS JR Ewing! 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 11:47:00 am »
I've DVR's this from the start... just now getting around to watching it.  Right off in episode one I am reminded why we used to pop corn and watch this faithfully every Friday night .. Larry Hagman...  The man IS JR Ewing!
Our daughter and my navy cousin love JR...he's so evil. What's with all these decrepit people still pulling all this chicanery? Shouldn't they be in a rest home eating their oatmeal?
:)
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline raml

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 09:41:02 pm »
I watched a few episodes but just couldn't get into it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 09:43:48 pm »
I watched a few episodes but just couldn't get into it.

So far I like it, very much like the original version in the 80's... without Hagman it would suck, though.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Dengar01

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 10:07:58 pm »

The funniest part is that now I am wanting JR to stick it to the greenies!!!

HAHA, me too! Evil JR Ewing and Evil Big Oil... blah blah blah.

Offline collins

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 11:43:19 pm »
Insight into hpw the liberal mind "works" by having the good guy be the moonbat and the evil guy be the "drill here, drill now" proponent. They really do see themselves as morally superior then.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 11:50:29 pm »
Insight into hpw the liberal mind "works" by having the good guy be the moonbat and the evil guy be the "drill here, drill now" proponent. They really do see themselves as morally superior then.

I know ~LOL~ and I find myself rooting for JR instead of Bobby and his son......

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 07:33:31 pm »
One show left in the season and I have to say this Dallas has gleened my interest as much as the original in the 80's..... they have done a good job of weaving the old into the new.. have to say everyone driving electric cars cracks me up, though.