Author Topic: Residents: Rats 'the size of cats' invading complex (What all america will be with 4 more years of Obama!  (Read 2086 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

Residents: Rats 'the size of cats' invading complex (What all america will be with 4 more years of Obama!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/residents-rats-size-cats-invading-complex/nPd6F/

You gotta watch the video at this link:   
http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/residents-rats-invading-apartment-complex/vcWLs/

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. —

Residents in a DeKalb County apartment complex said rats the size of cats are terrorizing their families.

Channel 2's Amy Napier Viteri spent the evening talking to residents at the Highlands at East Atlanta apartments.

After dark is when neighbors said the rats really start coming out.

At the scene, Channel 2 Action News cameras captured dozens of rats scurrying by -- a problem residents said is caused by a large dumpster.

"I'm worried about, as a mom, them biting my children when they come out," Lewetta Foster said.

Foster said her 7-year-old is afraid to go outside because a large rat went under their front porch.

"That one trash can, all that trash piled up in front of it. It's just rat city," she told Napier Viteri.

Residents said they need secure trash receptacles to resolve the infestation issue. Some neighbors like Taurry Banks are taking matters into their own hands.

"I come out with my BB gun and gonna shoot at some of them," Banks said.

He said neighbors have told the management about their concerns several times but the rats are still there.

Banks showed Channel 2 the giant holes he believes the rodents are digging on the property.

With so many small children at the complex, Banks is worried the rats are carrying diseases. Minutes before interviewing with Napier Viteri, he said a rat ran inside of their apartment.

"I got a baby. He's still crawling on the floor, so you know it's a big problem with these rats," Banks said.

His neighbor complained about rats causing her car trouble after they allegedly ate away at the wiring under her minivan.

Napier Viteri called apartment management to get their response, but they have not yet returned her call.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline aligncare

Rats?  Rats?  Where they at?  Let me at 'em!  Meow and the boys will see they're taken good care of  ... 

Oceander

Y'know what those are?  NYC snowbirds!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Of course the problem is identifies as the rats, when in fact it is the filthy habits, poor sanitation practices and a lack of any concern about a problem while it was small by the residents of that apartment complex and the people who run it.  Rat control is an ongoing process that involves not allowing a rat colony to get started in the first place rather than allowing it to go on as long as this situation has.

The first step is to get the residents to clean up their act, and the management to upgrade the complex's garbage facilities to modern standards.  But now they also desperately need a professional exterminator to get rid of the rat colony too, and that won't be cheap.

famousdayandyear

A more immediate solution:  .22 varmint rifle (with night scope).  but then there's cleanup -- enter the cat

Offline Mcshot

As posted elsewhere I worked on the "War on Rats" in the early 80s.  It was a federally funded program that contracted with communities with rat problems.  Local workers were hired to survey and identify problems areas, clean them up and remove food sources then kill the rats.  The communities were under contract to take over maintenance of these "environmentally improved blocks" (EIB) after they were documented as rat free for up to a year.  It was a well thought out program and mathematically sound but the cities were unable to hold up their end.  One example, in a famous city within a city, some ethnic areas were spotless (Polish) while others were problematic to the point that workers were not safe there.  A city wide clean up was organized but the DPW lacked worker availability to pick up.  Union rules had been established to allow workers to go home when their identified job was done.  So they worked several hours in the morning and went home by lunch.  Since this was now their work day anything over that was overtime.  City broke and clean-up canceled.  City doomed and over-run by rats and ...   Sad beyond belief - look at the liberal Detroit versus Nagasaki pictures.
 :thud:
FAMOUS LINCOLN QUOTE:

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."