Author Topic: I Am Literally Sick Over This Obamacare Travesty  (Read 3311 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I Am Literally Sick Over This Obamacare Travesty
« on: June 29, 2012, 09:24:49 pm »

I Am Literally Sick Over This Obamacare Travesty
June 29, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay, folks. I now know what happened yesterday. I've had time to dig into this. Time that I did not have prior to yesterday's program and did not have during the program. And I can't tell you how sick I am. I am literally sick over what happened yesterday. I don't know how else to describe it. Literally sick. ...

A giant total fraud was perpetrated on this country yesterday. The Supreme Court  as an institution is forever tarnished. There are now no limits anywhere on the size, scope, the growth of government. We were the victims of a purposeful, intentional fraud yesterday. There is no way, were anybody in Washington concerned about the Constitution, there is no way Obamacare gets anywhere close to being law in this country. There is no way it even approaches constitutionality.  And the chief justice of the US Supreme Court  knew that.  He felt it was his duty, however, to save the legislation.

I don't even care about motivation. I don't care if it's because he wants the New York Times and Washington Post in love with him. I don't care if he wants to be the next John Marshall. I don't care.  All I know is that we were defrauded in front of our eyes, wide open.  We were taunted, defrauded, mocked, laughed at. I guess 5-4 court decisions are perfectly fine now. Oh yeah, hey, we'll take whatever we can get, we'll take it however we can get it. Even if they have to invent law, even if they have to rewrite a statute that was so poorly written, it wouldn't have gotten past a first grader who understood the Constitution.

Folks, having now learned what happened, and by the way, I can't take much more reading the faint praise for Justice Roberts. There are a lot of conservatives who are trying to find some comfort in all of this by pointing out that justice Roberts ruled that the Commerce Clause isn't a catchall that justifies anything Congress wants to do. "Hey, Rush, we got to look at what we won here." I understand that theory. You do want to try to take the best of things that you can. But this is theft!  Theft of liberty and freedom right in front of our eyes. Okay. So the Commerce Clause has been limited, so? Now we get to pay a tax for something we don't do. But it's worse than that. It really is akin to going into a 7-Eleven, and saying to the clerk, "No, I really don't want to buy any gum."

"Well, okay, tax on that is $2.35."

That's what's happened here. I see all these people running around now thinking they've got free health care, and for the next year-and-a-half that's what it's gonna look like. Michelle Obama, "Guess what, contraception is now free." She's got a list of all the things that are free. AP has a list of all the things that are free for everybody.  What happened here basically is that Justice Roberts stretched the limits to avoid being accused of activism.  He wanted to avoid being accused of activism. Activism, in this case, would have been finding the law as it is unconstitutional. So he succumbed to fear that doing that, upholding the Constitution, would have resulted in him being accused of activism. So what he did, he stretched the limits to avoid being accused of activism, and in the process, he became more activist than any justice in recent memory.

He actually wrote this. It makes going without insurance just another thing the government taxes, like buying gasoline or earning income. That's all it is here. He's got this law, Congress wants this law, the president wants this law, it's entirely unconstitutional. And they all knew this. Other than the four liberals, they all knew the whole thing was unconstitutional and Justice Roberts decided to rewrite it. He rewrote the legislation in a way that Congress never intended it. It would be like a judge making up for an incompetent lawyer in court and finding somebody who's guilty totally innocent just because the judge wanted to appear magnanimous. Or vice versa. It makes going without insurance just another thing the government taxes, like buying gasoline or earning income.

Well, there's a big difference. You don't have to buy gasoline. And for 48% of the country, you don't have to earn an income. But we are all going to have to pay a tax for not doing something. And that starts a limitless universe of activity or lack of activity that can be taxed. There's a doctrine of law that says you don't reach constitutional issues if there is an alternative basis to decide the case. Do you recall we talked yesterday toward the end of the program, and I was admittedly confused because I hadn't had time to read the decision, nor read any analysis of it. Things were happening lickity split here, rat-tat-tat. But something yesterday that had me constantly confused was Justice Ginsburg's dissent. She's in the majority, what was she dissenting against?

Then after the program, I go home and I'm starting to do show prep for today's show, and I find out that a bunch of liberals are ticked off at Roberts, because of what he did with the Commerce Clause. So now I'm really confused. They won and they're complaining about Roberts and Ginsburg wrote a dissent. What was she dissenting from? So I looked into it. They're ticked off at Roberts, essentially she criticizes Roberts for violating the principle that you don't reach constitutional issues if there's an alternative way to decide the case.  So Roberts contended that the mandate was unconstitutional, but it could be upheld as a tax. And Ginsburg said, well, if you're going to do that, there's no need to even talk about the mandate and the ruling. If you're going to say that the mandate could be upheld as a tax, then you don't have to even get to the mandate, constitutionally, you don't have to talk about it. You don't have to rule it unconstitutional.

The four libs wanted this case on the mandate, not the tax increase. They wanted the Commerce Clause to be stretched to include unlimited government power. And they were ticked off at Roberts for limiting that. They say if you're going to find this as a tax case, leave it at that. So when I found that out, that really aroused my curiosity, because they thought Roberts then started answering an unnecessary question. And that, according to Ginsburg and the left, makes Roberts an activist judge. You know, my head is swimming, because all of this is gobbledy gook.  All of this is total BS, folks. And yes, I'm going to explain this as the program unfolds, I'm just setting the table here.

Roberts did not say this in his opinion, but he knows it. Congress and the president insisted up and down this was not a tax. That the only power that they were relying on here was the Commerce Clause power. That's how the law was presented.  That's how it was enacted.  That's how it was intended.  Obama ran around telling everybody there were no taxes in this, it was not a tax increase. In fact, people's taxes are gonna get cut. The legal controversy was the Commerce Clause. And Justice Roberts thus had to address it, but is an utter travesty.  It is an utter travesty that a member of the court, I don't care if it's a chief or whoever decides, that it's up to him to save an unconstitutional piece of legislation under the guise of not being an activist judge.

The Supreme Court wrote legislation, they rewrote this legislation to save it. In the real world, Realville, what used to be, what everybody thought they could count on, what everybody thought and hoped one more time they could depend on, even though we know we really can't, we learned it in Kelo, we learned it in McCain Feingold, we've learned it a lot. We can't count on the Supreme Court to uphold the Constitution, and that's why I'm sick. If we can't count on the Constitution being upheld in the Supreme Court, and furthermore, if the Supreme Court is going to take over the duties of the legislative branch and write legislation in order to save incompetent, unconstitutional, faulty work, then we've got pure fraud right before our very eyes.

Byron York went and looked at the first day of oral argument. When you hear this, you are going to be angrier than you even are right now. You're going to relive the first day of oral arguments where they talked about this as a tax. And the court allowed the government to argue both ways, that it was a tax one day, and they allowed the government to argue the next day that it wasn't a tax. First two days of oral arguments are where you find the answer to all the inexplicable questions here.

RUSH: Byron York wrote his piece at the DC Examiner yesterday: "No one knew it at the time, but the key moment in the Supreme Court Obamacare case came on March 26, the first day of oral arguments, when few people were paying close attention.  Before getting to the heart of the case, the justices first wanted to deal with what seemed to be a side issue: Was the penalty imposed by the individual mandate in Obamacare a tax?"

The first question the justices had for the lawyers: Is this a tax?

"If it was, the case would run afoul of a 19th century-law known as the Anti-Injunction Act, which said a tax cannot be challenged in court until someone has actually been forced to pay it." Well, the Obamacare taxes don't implement until 2014. So on the first day of oral arguments, if Obamacare is a tax, the court would have to throw it out because nobody had paid the tax yet. So the first day of oral arguments, the justices want to know, they asked the government, is this a tax? The government said no. Because everybody wanted the case tried, everybody wanted it adjudicated and they wanted it adjudicated now.

"Since the Obamacare mandate wouldn't go into effect until 2014, that would mean there could be no court case until then." So on the first day of oral arguments, the government said no, it's not a tax. Well, we could stop right there if we wanted to. We could stop after the first 30 minutes of oral argument, back on March 26th, skip everything that happened between then and yesterday, and then go to Justice Roberts' ruling, where he found it to be a tax.

That, of course, is not what happened. They kept arguing. "No one had challenged Obamacare on that basis; the challengers wanted the case to go forward now. The White House, having argued strenuously during the Obamacare debate that the penalty wasn't a tax, wanted to go ahead as well. So the court, on its own, tapped a Washington attorney to make the argument that the penalty was a tax," just to cover their bases.  The government wouldn't say it was a tax. The anti-Obama lawyers would not say it was a tax. So the Supreme Court went out and they brought in, they hired their own lawyer to argue that it was a tax. The court on its own tapped a Washington attorney to make the argument the penalty was a tax, and, therefore, the case should not go ahead.

"'The Anti-Injunction Act imposes a "pay first, litigate later" rule that is central to federal tax assessment and collection,' said the lawyer, Robert A. Long, on that first day of oral arguments. 'The Act applies to essentially every tax penalty in the Internal Revenue Code. There is no reason to think that Congress made a special exception for the penalty imposed by [Obamacare].'"  So the lawyer hired by the court affirmed it's not a tax. Nobody in the regime thought it was a tax. Nobody in Congress thought it was a tax. And nobody in Congress made a special exception for the penalty imposed by Obamacare as a tax. It was all in the Commerce Clause.

"After Long made his case, it fell to the administration's lawyer, Solicitor General Donald Verrilli, to argue that no, the mandate was not a tax, and therefore the case was not subject to the Anti-Injunction Act." And that's what happened on the first day. The government hired a lawyer to make the case it was a tax; and Verrilli, the Obama lawyer, made the case that it wasn't. This is just so the justices could have arguments on the table that they could then decide.

"At the same time, everyone knew that the next day, when Verrilli planned to argue that the mandate was justified under the Constitution's Commerce Clause, he had as a backup the argument that it was also justified by Congress' power to levy taxes -- in other words, that it was a tax.  Justice Samuel Alito saw the conflict right away.  'General Verrilli, today you are arguing that the penalty is not a tax,' Alito said. 'Tomorrow you are going to be back, and you will be arguing that the penalty is a tax. Has the court ever held that something that is a tax for the purposes of the taxing power under the Constitution is not a tax under the Anti-Injunction Act?'  'No,' answered Verrilli.  At the time, some observers found the whole thing a little boring; the real action would come the next day, when the court got to the question of whether the Commerce Clause could be stretched to include the individual mandate."

But the first day is where the fraud happened. The first day the government says it isn't a tax. The second day, the government, as a backup, said, "If you don't like the Commerce Clause, we also think it's a tax." The government was allowed to argue this both ways. The first way they were allowed to argue that it wasn't a tax so that the case would go on. The next day they were allowed to argue as a back stop, if the commerce part of it fell apart, that it was a tax. But a lot of these observers who were bored on the first and second days of oral arguments were then shocked yesterday when the chief justice rejected the Commerce Clause argument and ended up "agreeing with Verrilli that the mandate simultaneously was and was not a tax, and that therefore Obamacare would stand. Roberts joined the court's four liberal justices, Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan, who seemed prepared to uphold Obamacare under any circumstances.

"Roberts' sleight of hand drove his conservative colleagues nuts. 'The government and those who support its position on this point make the remarkable argument that [the mandate] is not a tax for purposes of the Anti-Injunction Act, but is a tax for constitutional purposes,' wrote dissenters Antonin Scalia, Anthony Kennedy, Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito. 'That carries verbal wizardry too far, deep into the forbidden land of the sophists.'"

So from the get-go, this case was allowed to be sloppy, bent, shaped, flaked, and formed, however ultimately the left wanted it to be in order for it to be found constitutional or good. And, by the way, on this Commerce Clause business, folks, they didn't limit anything. They said Obamacare is not permissible under the Commerce Clause. But they didn't limit the Commerce Clause per se here. The anti-injunction act says that you cannot do a court case over a tax until it's been collected, levied and collected. Well, the tax hasn't been levied and collected. And by gosh, if the chief justice himself didn't find that the whole thing is kosher as a tax increase, a tax increase on what we don't buy, and a point that I made yesterday that I want to make again, when you pay taxes, where do you pay the money? Government gets the money. These taxes are gonna be paid to insurance companies. Is that even a tax?

You have to buy health insurance. If you don't, there's a fine. So the money that you're spending that you otherwise wouldn't, the tax, being spent with insurance companies. The tax anti-injunction act was codified title 26 US code. It was enacted in 1867. It is the law. It's never been found to be unconstitutional. The Obama administration was allowed to argue it both ways. So that however it ended up being most beneficial to them was the way the court was going to decide.

So we, who cannot be protected from the political choices we make, spend all this time debating and arguing against a piece of legislation based on the Commerce Clause. The court admits they can't find it constitutional, so guess what? We're gonna make this thing legal by calling it a tax increase. Government can do that. There's a reason nobody predicted this outcome. And the reason is nobody was thinking outside the boundaries of the law.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: My friend, Andy McCarthy, has a piece on this at PJMedia.com. His headline is: "Obamacare Ruling: Pure Fraud and No Due Process." Here's how he opens: "Led by Chief Justice John Roberts, the Supreme Court decided that Americans have no right to due process. Indeed, the court not only upheld a fraud perpetrated on the public -- it became a willing participant." That's exactly right! This whole law has been presented fraudulently. The whole thing was a fraud.

Obamacare passed in Congress through trickery.

They used reconciliation.

They tried all kinds of tricks.

They were even thinking of "deeming" it to pass.

There was the Cornhusker Kickback.

They tried all kinds of things that ultimately didn't work because the people weren't gonna put up with it. It was upheld by the Supreme Court through trickery. "Had Obamacare..." This is Andy writing. "Had Obamacare been honestly presented as a tax, or had the court acted properly by striking it down as an illegitimate use of the commerce power and telling Congress that if it wanted to pass the bill as a tax it would have to pass the bill as a tax, our dire financial straits might have forced this much-needed debate about the limits of congressional welfare power.

"We have now lost that opportunity through fraud: Fraud in the legislative action, and fraud in the judicial review. Due process would not allow this to be done to a criminal, but the Supreme Court has decided that Americans will have to live with it." The administration presents a case to the Supreme Court that is based entirely on an individual mandate that is said to be legal because of the Commerce Cause. If Congress had wanted to pass a bill that got the same thing done with taxes, it would have done that.

It didn't do that on purpose!

They didn't want to go anywhere near tax increases on this.

Obama was out promising tax cuts to everybody. He promised lower premiums, greater health care coverage and treatment. There was no way that they wanted to talk about this as a tax, a tax increase, or anything of the sort. So the court should have adjudicated this on the basis of what was in the bill -- period -- and they didn't. Again, the chief justice wrote what I'm gonna read to you here: "Under my theory, the mandate is not a legal command to buy insurance. Rather, it makes going without insurance just another thing the government taxes, like buying gasoline or earning income."

"Under my theory, the mandate's not a legal command to buy insurance."

That's the stretch that he had to make in order to get to where he ended up. "Under my theory, the mandate's not a legal command to buy insurance." It most certainly the hell was! And that's all it was. And that's not constitutional. It was a "command" by the federal government that we buy something. They don't have that power! The chief said, "Eh, it's not a legal command. It just makes going without insurance another thing the government taxes, which the government can do, like buying gasoline or earning income."

(sigh)

It makes you sick.

It just makes me sick.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Roberts says that he thought it was his duty to save the Act no matter what. It was his duty to save the Act no matter how bad it was. He had to write it to make it legal. Sorry. I feel like the police chief in my town just had a press conference and has announced that the police force will now be assisting criminals in breaking into my property. That is how I feel.

END TRANSCRIPT
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Queen

Re: I Am Literally Sick Over This Obamacare Travesty
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 09:50:22 pm »
Roberts says that he thought it was his duty to save the Act no matter what. It was his duty to save the Act no matter how bad it was. He had to write it to make it legal.

I think it is our duty to impeach the Chief Justice. He did not uphold the law, he wrote a new law and that is not his job. He overstepped his bounds.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 10:01:04 pm »
Like I said the night before the decision...and I repeat...I read...please I forgot where....someone supposedly in the *know* nailed this decision with Roberts...his reasoning was that Roberts and his wife are very social in DC...invited to everything it appears and he felt that if he sided with the conservatives on the bench that he would be persona no grata on the social circuit in DC....I am almost certain someone tweeted this but I can't be sure since I visited sooooo many sites during the day...take it for what it's worth...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 10:03:12 pm »
I think it is our duty to impeach the Chief Justice. He did not uphold the law, he wrote a new law and that is not his job. He overstepped his bounds.

I'm inclined to not go that route.

It's too close to the most important presidential election since George Washington took his Oath.

70% of Americans do not want this Federally run health care. 

Justice Roberts has gone "all in" on his belief that Obama will be defeated in November and this Law will be repealed and possibly replaced. 

In the meantime, the Tea Party is rising once again for a 2010-type curtain-call.

Life is good!   :beer:

...he said, optimistically.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 10:17:14 pm »

It's too close to the most important presidential election since George Washington took his Oath.

Justice Roberts has gone "all in" on his belief that Obama will be defeated in November and this Law will be repealed and possibly replaced. 

In the meantime, the Tea Party is rising once again for a 2010-type curtain-call.

Life is not good for me and my husband...looks like we will be some of the first to suffer from Robert's decision....Obama plans to veto the 2013 Defense bill until Congress increases our share in TRICARE..Bill Gertz reported a couple of months ago that the increase would be over 300%...that's right over 300%...forcing us and I am sure most vets and their families into Obamacare.

Mike served this country for over 41 years...fought several wars...missed so much family time I can't tell you how many birthdays and anniversaries he was here for...he never complained....and now we have this shit to worry about..we were promised this for years and years and now it won't be there....I am literally sick about this.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Queen

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 10:17:44 pm »
I understand what you're saying, DC but that doesn't change the fact that he should be held accountable. To do what he did to this country for (as Myst posted)  his social standing is unforgivable.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 10:19:24 pm »

I hope you are right. I was listening to Rush this morning on this and he depressed the hell out me again. Rush is never depressing, so it must be worse than we think? or else Rush is wanting to make sure the Tea Party rises up to the cause in a stellar way :shrug:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Queen

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 10:25:35 pm »
Roberts should have followed the law that was written, not hope that the people will fix the problem. There are too many uneducated voters who only look at the freebies and if they think Romney will take those goodies away they will turn out to vote obama back in.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 10:26:05 pm »
In Mark Levin's book "Men in Black" there is an area about Nixon. I don't recall exactly, so if anyone knows more or has the quotes post them,. anyway, One of the questions Nixon asked a possible SCOTUS nominee was something like: "Does your wife enjoy the DC Social circuit?" Apparently a yes answer meant the prospect wouldn't be considered.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 10:31:06 pm »
Life is not good for me and my husband...looks like we will be some of the first to suffer from Robert's decision....Obama plans to veto the 2013 Defense bill until Congress increases our share in TRICARE..Bill Gertz reported a couple of months ago that the increase would be over 300%...that's right over 300%...forcing us and I am sure most vets and their families into Obamacare.

Mike served this country for over 41 years...fought several wars...missed so much family time I can't tell you how many birthdays and anniversaries he was here for...he never complained....and now we have this shit to worry about..we were promised this for years and years and now it won't be there....I am literally sick about this.....

The first thing Romney will do is void it.  Taking one big mulligan.

Have faith.

And I truly understand feeling the way you do, Myst.  You put in the years at below private sector pay...with an eye at promised benefits.   And as a member of the military, you'd think that some accommodation should be made.

And can't help but see a parallel of sorts the way some of these government unions and teacher unions feel about retirement packages promised them.

Have faith Myst.  Don't worry yourself sick over something you can't control. 

Just know that in about seventeen weeks, this will all be over.

Let's promise ourselves to toast one another.....oh, let's say about 9PM November 6th?

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 10:35:05 pm »
I found the exact quote from the book Men in Black:

As I wrote in Men in Black, President Nixon clearly understood this when he was trying to decide whether to nominate Harry Blackmun to replace Justice Abe Fortas after the Senate had rejected Nixon’s first two choices for that vacancy.

Blackmun later recalled that Nixon asked him, “What kind of woman is Mrs. Blackmun?” When Blackmun wondered what this question was getting at, Nixon said, “She will be wooed by the Georgetown crowd. Can she withstand that kind of wooing?”

Blackmun contended she could
. But, later, when Blackmun was contemplating whether the Constitution protected a right to privacy that encompassed a right to abortion, Mrs. Blackmun turned out to be the best-placed lobbyist for the pro-abortion movement. As Bob Woodward and Scott Armstrong revealed in The Brethren, the justice’s wife told one of Blackmun’s pro-abortion clerks: “You and I are working on the same thing. Me at home and you at work.”

The result was Blackmun’s Roe v. Wade opinion, which took the abortion issue away from state legislatures, where it had always been, and elevated abortion to a constitutional right.

Offline Queen

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 10:35:24 pm »
We may not be able to control it, but we damn sure can fight it.

BTW, teachers don't put their lives on the line to save obama's sorry ass.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 10:41:17 pm »
In Mark Levin's book "Men in Black" there is an area about Nixon. I don't recall exactly, so if anyone knows more or has the quotes post them,. anyway, One of the questions Nixon asked a possible SCOTUS nominee was something like: "Does your wife enjoy the DC Social circuit?" Apparently a yes answer meant the prospect wouldn't be considered.

I'd hate to think John Roberts was influenced by his harping wife.

But, if he was, he's a shrewd son of a b*tch!

He not only castrated the Obama campaign.  He rendered them toothless.

In the meantime, she'll be the belle of the ball come January.....with a new set of FRiends.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 10:42:01 pm »
We may not be able to control it, but we damn sure can fight it.

BTW, teachers don't put their lives on the line to save obama's sorry ass.

I thought I made that distinction.  Sorry. :shrug:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 10:42:53 pm »
The Supreme Court seems to do this about every 40-50 years; issue some completely assinine ruling which leaves them damaged until the entire crop of justices cycles out.

Dread Scott is the most famous and it hurt the Court for at least 50 years.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Queen

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 10:49:55 pm »
Instead of saving the court's reputation of upholding the law above politics, he made a mockery of it.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 10:51:05 pm »
The Supreme Court seems to do this about every 40-50 years; issue some completely assinine ruling which leaves them damaged until the entire crop of justices cycles out.

Dread Scott is the most famous and it hurt the Court for at least 50 years.

I think history will write and prove that John Roberts just gave Romney the Oval Office keys.

Obama needed the Supreme Court Conservative majority as an enemy......GONE!

Obama needed the strike down of Obamacare to make Conservatives in general, public enemy number one.......GONE!

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 10:54:19 pm »
I think history will write and prove that John Roberts just gave Romney the Oval Office keys.

Obama needed the Supreme Court Conservative majority as an enemy......GONE!

Obama needed the strike down of Obamacare to make Conservatives in general, public enemy number one.......GONE!

Well maybe then it was someone on our side that got to him, for the reasons you cite.  but we could have been rid of the whole debacle if he had just stayed with Alito et al

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 03:05:02 am »
Like I said the night before the decision...and I repeat...I read...please I forgot where....someone supposedly in the *know* nailed this decision with Roberts...his reasoning was that Roberts and his wife are very social in DC...invited to everything it appears and he felt that if he sided with the conservatives on the bench that he would be persona no grata on the social circuit in DC....I am almost certain someone tweeted this but I can't be sure since I visited sooooo many sites during the day...take it for what it's worth...

Myst, Pat Caddell confirmed this today on Cavuto... said this way Roberts can continue on the DC Cocktail Circuit, that had he killed Obamacare he would have become personanongrata.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 03:06:13 am »
Myst, Pat Caddell confirmed this today on Cavuto... said this way Roberts can continue on the DC Cocktail Circuit, that had he killed Obamacare he would have become personanongrata.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton