Author Topic: Obama Congratulates "Miami Heats"  (Read 1076 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Obama Congratulates "Miami Heats"
« on: June 28, 2012, 02:14:31 am »

Obama Congratulates "Miami Heats"
June 27, 2012

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: A lot of people are making a big deal out of this, but I don't know that they are making the right big deal about it.  Last night in Miami Obama was down here to have a fundraiser.  This is just 12 seconds.  But you listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHwkF6taJh4

OBAMA:  It would be incomplete if I did not congratulate the city of Miami for having the world champion Miami Heats.

RUSH:  Okay, now, Barack Obama is a huge NBA fan.  His team is the Chicago "Bull."  That's his team.  The Chicago "Bull."  The Bulls.  People are asking, does he really not know that the name of the champion, NBA champion, team is the Miami Heat?  Does he really not know that?  I mean he does think it's "Cominskey" Park in Chicago.  Folks, he knows it's not the Miami Heats.  I think what you need to know is, this is how, in certain sectors, you insult people.  You mispronounce the name of their team.  You remember, you've seen during the campaign in 2008, Obama would scratch his face only with his flip-the-bird finger while talking about McCain?  That's what this was.  He was flipping the bird to Heat fans by calling them the Heats.

END TRANSCRIPT
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Obama Congratulates "Miami Heats"
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 02:33:57 am »
Is it me, or is Obama looking more sinister lately?  There's probably a better word for it - or maybe it's just bad lighting - but he looks angry in a dark way.  You'd think he'd be trying extra hard to curry favor with Floridians since he needs their votes so badly.  You can just see the hatred oozing out of his pores.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 03:16:30 am »
Is it me, or is Obama looking more sinister lately?  There's probably a better word for it - or maybe it's just bad lighting - but he looks angry in a dark way.  You'd think he'd be trying extra hard to curry favor with Floridians since he needs their votes so badly.  You can just see the hatred oozing out of his pores.

Yeah....just like Arnie Cunningham did after he bought "Christine".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 03:48:52 am »
He does seem to be 'transforming'.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 12:17:07 pm »
Heats.  :silly:  What a poseur.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org