Author Topic: Gun of the Day  (Read 44832 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Gun of the Day
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 03:05:47 am »
My newest addition... The Ruger 10/22 RBD-FS.  Bought it through my FFL dealer friend who picked it up used - at 3 weeks old.  The original buyer lost his job.  Came with an AR style case and a TruGlo tactical scope.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2012, 03:10:25 am »
My newest addition... The Ruger 10/22 RBD-FS.  Bought it through my FFL dealer friend who picked it up used - at 3 weeks old.  The original buyer lost his job.  Came with an AR style case and a TruGlo tactical scope.

Wow!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2012, 11:30:24 pm »

Very nice. The Ruger 10/22 is one of the most versatile guns with a great rep.

Offline ABX

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 04:28:13 am »
one more concealed option--

THE PISTOL OF THE DAY: The Bodyguard chambered in .380 ACP from Smith &Wesson is the latest in the ever popular class of semi-auto “pocket pistols” in this caliber. The Bodyguard 380 comes with an integrated laser from Insight Technology making it a relatively complete and affordable personal defense handgun.

Model:BODYGUARD® 380
Caliber:.380 Auto
Capacity:6+1 Rounds
Barrel Length:2.75″/ 7.0 cm
Frame Size:Compact
Action:Double Action Only (Hammer Fired)
Front Sight:Stainless Steel
Rear Sight:Drift Adjustable
Grip:Polymer
Overall Length:5.25″/ 13.3 cm
Weight:11.85 oz / 335.9 g
Frame Material:Polymer
Material:Stainless Steel w/Melonite® Finish
Finish:Matte Black
Purpose:Personal Protection
Law Enforcement
MSRP:$399.00

Offline ABX

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 11:05:20 pm »
I almost forgot to add a photo. This is my personal suppressed Masterpiece Arms MAC11. I am playing around with a laser sight shown here (have several laying around) in addition to the flashlight I mentioned before. I really recommend this as a home defense gun versus just a pistol. Thank God I've never needed it as a defensive weapon and I pray no one does, but in terms of intimidation factor, if anyone breaks in,  I hope it is the same reaction as I get at the range which is awe.

I am considering painting this digital urban camouflage just because, well, no reason but for fun.

Today I wanted to share another one of my personal guns and a great alternate home-defense weapon. The MasterPiece Arms Mini 9mm which is basically a civilian version of a MAC11.

This little gun is a power-house. Made from stamped steel, you could drive over it and not hurt it (never tested that theory). Its construction is very simple and it uses few, heavy parts. I have run thousands of rounds through this and the only time I've had a jam was when it was my own fault and didn't seat the magazine correctly.

For home defense, it has the advantage of both a small size and the 30 round magazine. It is also simple to operate in the dark. (and this really turns heads at the gun range)

MPA930T
Top Cocker
one (1) 30 Round Polymer Magazine
one (1) Standard Extension
one (1) Mag Loader
Thread Size: 1/2 x 28
American Made
Ships in Gun Case
Lifetime Guarantee

Price $488

Note, MasterPiece Arms will be coming out with a suppressor for this gun later this year and I'll be first in line.

Offline 69FenderStrat

• my band
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 11:17:08 pm »
one more concealed option--

THE PISTOL OF THE DAY: The Bodyguard chambered in .380 ACP from Smith &Wesson is the latest in the ever popular class of semi-auto “pocket pistols” in this caliber. The Bodyguard 380 comes with an integrated laser from Insight Technology making it a relatively complete and affordable personal defense handgun.

Model:BODYGUARD® 380
Caliber:.380 Auto
Capacity:6+1 Rounds
Barrel Length:2.75″/ 7.0 cm
Frame Size:Compact
Action:Double Action Only (Hammer Fired)
Front Sight:Stainless Steel
Rear Sight:Drift Adjustable
Grip:Polymer
Overall Length:5.25″/ 13.3 cm
Weight:11.85 oz / 335.9 g
Frame Material:Polymer
Material:Stainless Steel w/Melonite® Finish
Finish:Matte Black
Purpose:Personal Protection
Law Enforcement
MSRP:$399.00

my kid has one..he is a detective here in eastern NC wears it on his ankle
Faith is not believing God can
Faith is Knowing God Will

"Senators more than House members & both more than ordinary people, lie."

Offline 69FenderStrat

• my band
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 11:20:02 pm »
I have a few my home defence shotgun

Online mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 01:08:09 pm »
I guess what I have is the predecessor of the BODYGUARD® 380, a S&W .380 Sigma that I purchased over 10 years ago to carry whenever I worked late nights in the marginally seedy section of town.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2012, 01:21:21 am »
For something a little different today, the Beretta CX4 Storm.

Berettas Cx4 Storm redefines the pistol-caliber carbine, with racy and radical lines from the masters of industrial design at Giugiaro. Form follows function in a symphony of smooth, sweeping curves made possible by the use of modern high strength techno polymers. Berettas use of cutting edge materials also keeps weight down to just 53/4 lbs., making the Cx4 a pleasure to carry, whether in the field or on duty.
Specifications
Action Semi-Automatic
Caliber 40 S&W
Bbl Length 16.6"
Capacity 14+1
Trigger Single Stage
Safety Cross Bolt
OAL 29.7 "
Weight 7.75 lbs
Price ~$700

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2012, 01:27:31 am »
My son just bought one of these and put ghost-ring (peep) sights on it for in the north woods.  I love it!

Marlin 1895
Caliber   45/70 Gov't.
Capacity   4-shot tubular magazine
Action   Lever action; side ejection; solid top receiver; deeply blued metal surfaces; hammer block safety.
Stock   American black walnut pistol grip stock with fluted comb; cut checkering; rubber rifle butt pad; tough Mar-Shield® finish; swivel studs.
Barrel   22" with deep-cut Ballard-type rifling (6 grooves).
Twist Rate   1:20" r.h.
Sights   Adjustable semi-buckhorn folding rear, ramp front sight with brass bead and Wide-Scan™ hood. Solid top receiver tapped for scope mount; offset hammer spur (right or left hand) for scope use.
Overall Length   40.5"
Weight   7.5 lbs.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2012, 01:39:31 am »
For something a little different today, the Beretta CX4 Storm.

Berettas Cx4 Storm redefines the pistol-caliber carbine, with racy and radical lines from the masters of industrial design at Giugiaro. Form follows function in a symphony of smooth, sweeping curves made possible by the use of modern high strength techno polymers. Berettas use of cutting edge materials also keeps weight down to just 53/4 lbs., making the Cx4 a pleasure to carry, whether in the field or on duty.
Specifications
Action Semi-Automatic
Caliber 40 S&W
Bbl Length 16.6"
Capacity 14+1
Trigger Single Stage
Safety Cross Bolt
OAL 29.7 "
Weight 7.75 lbs
Price ~$700

I have held one of those but never fired it.  Amazing how naturally it handles.
John Steinbeck

Offline ABX

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2012, 01:54:24 am »
That is nice and hopefully something he can pass down for generations.

My son just bought one of these and put ghost-ring (peep) sights on it for in the north woods.  I love it!

Marlin 1895
Caliber   45/70 Gov't.
Action   Lever action; side ejection; solid top receiver; deeply blued metal surfaces; hammer block safety.
Stock   American black walnut pistol grip stock with fluted comb; cut checkering; rubber rifle butt pad; tough Mar-Shield® finish; swivel studs.
Sights   Adjustable semi-buckhorn folding rear, ramp front sight with brass bead and Wide-Scan™ hood. Solid top receiver tapped for scope mount; offset hammer spur (right or left hand) for scope use.
Overall Length   40.5"
Weight   7.5 lbs.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2012, 02:05:57 am »
That is nice and hopefully something he can pass down for generations.

I always tell my sons that our guns will belong to someone else someday.  They are all heirlooms.
John Steinbeck

Offline 69FenderStrat

• my band
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2012, 02:37:29 am »

Marlin 1895
Caliber   45/70 Gov't.
Overall Length   40.5"
Weight   7.5 lbs.

I had that gun loved it..had a bunch of guns stolen from my apt when I lived in NY the Marlin 45-70 was one of them
bought originally to go grizzly hunting in Montana, the only difference in the one I had was that it had a straight stock

Offline ABX

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2012, 11:01:36 pm »
The Taurus Judge has been one of the most desired guns available for home defense as it can shoot either a .410 Shotshell or a .45 Colt, but my personal opinion is that the regular model isn't very comfortable to operate or master. However, the Taurus Raging Judge 513 may be an improved option for you with a lighter weight and longer barrel.

.45 Long Colt and .410 Bore
6.5" barrel
3" Magnum chamber
7 rounds
Transfer bar safety
Single/double action
Medium alloy frame
Black rubber grip with cushion insert
Blued finish
Fiber optic fixed front sight
Fixed rear sight
13.6" overall length
47.2 oz unloaded

All rise for the biggest, meanest Judge on the market. The new Raging Judge Ultra-Lite now comes with the option to load the mighty .410 shotshell. That’s right, we’re giving you the option to choose from .410 3-inch or 2.5-inch shotshells and .45 Colt ammo—all in the same revolver! The Raging Judge Ultra-Lite has a 7-shot cylinder, larger than its brothers in the Judge line and offers the “Raging Bull” backstrap to reduce felt recoil. Larger, 7-Shot Cylinder

~~Compare to the regular Taurus Judge

The Judge retails for about $600
The Raging Judge 513 for about $700

However, shop around. I found the Judge on GunBroker.com for $400 and the Raging Judge for $550

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2012, 11:22:54 pm »
I have the Judge and I like it.  I have one in a small gun safe next to my bed.  It is really quite comfortable in my hand and I can shoot reasonably well with it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:30:48 pm by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2012, 11:55:04 pm »

What kind of 'kick' does that gun produce?  Are we talking, spread stance, two hands together?  Or, whipping it out of the nightstand and firing away?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2012, 12:31:45 am »

What kind of 'kick' does that gun produce?  Are we talking, spread stance, two hands together?  Or, whipping it out of the nightstand and firing away?

I've shot worse. The old S&W 357 Magnum kicked more but this isn't a duster either. Here is a great review video with shooting from everyone's favorite FPS Russia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY3YYDgDUXs

Mind you, he is a 'Professional Russian' so the kick won't be that bad for him.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2012, 02:18:10 am »
Fantastic, thanks, Abaraxas!  :patriot:

Offline ABX

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2012, 11:38:45 pm »
Something fun for today. Have you dreamed of having a .50 but didn't want to fork out $12K for it?  ArmaLite has a single shot option for under $4,000.  If my local ranges would allow shooting a .50, I would even be tempted to snatch one of these up.

This rifle is the newest incarnation of the wildly popular AR-50 chambered for the powerful 50 BMG cartridge. A single shot bolt action rifle featuring a unique octagonal receiver bedded down into a V-shaped stock. Designed to be an economical answer for the challenges of long range shooting, the AR-50A1 is amazingly accurate and with its massive fluted muzzle brake, it has a very gentle recoil. The AR-50A1 is a highly refined rifle which is a stark and refreshing difference that maintains its superiority over its competition.

ArmaLite's great .50 has been refined, with smoother action, attractive new bolt stop, and even greater strength than the original AR-50.  The same great accuracy, but now even more Beautiful.

*The holder of an active FFL must contact ArmaLite to order this product.

*Shown with optional Scope, Scope Mount, Mono-pod and Bi-pod

Model: AR-50A1
Caliber: .50 BMG
Barrel: 30" Chrome moly, 8 Groove
Rifling Twist: RH 1:15"
Muzzle Device: Highly Efficient Multi-Flute Recoil Check, Very Moderate Felt Recoil. Threading: 1"-14
Upper Receiver: Modified Octagonal Form, Grilled & Slotted for Mil STD Scope Rail with Boss to Engage Cross-Slot on Receiver
Bolt: Triple Front Locking Lug
Ejector: Spring Loaded Plunger, Automatic Ejection
Extractor: Sako Type
Trigger: Schilen Standard Single Stage, Approximate 5 lbs Pull
Stock: 3 Section Stock: Extruded Forend, Machined Grip with Vertical Grip, Forged and Machined Removable Buttstock
Buttplate: Vertically Adjustable, Specially Built for Heavy Calibers
Overall Length: 58.5" Without Buttstock: 49 3/4 inches
Weight: 34.8 lbs
Finish: Hard Anodized Aluminum, Manganese Phosphated Steel
Accuracy: 7" - 8" @ 1000 yds
Included with Rifle: 15 Minute Sight Base, Owners Manual, Ear Plugs, Limited Lifetime Warranty

Your Price: $3,359.00  EA
http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=50A1B&ReturnUrl=Categories.aspx?Category=0406c9ff-539d-4b4c-ae1f-d045b91324c3

Oceander

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2012, 01:50:12 am »
Nice.  Can I come shoot yours when you get it?

Offline ABX

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2012, 02:11:07 am »
Nice.  Can I come shoot yours when you get it?

I doubt I actually would with no place I could regularly shoot it. Temping though. 

Offline 69FenderStrat

• my band
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2012, 02:22:58 am »

500 S&W and. 44 mag

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2012, 02:22:59 am »
I doubt I actually would with no place I could regularly shoot it. Temping though.

Reminds me of the gun in The Jackal.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2012, 02:24:56 am »
My next gun purchase will be an AR, not sure what brand just yet.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton