Author Topic: Tiny 9mm Pocket Pistols- The Shooter's Blog  (Read 3585 times)

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Tiny 9mm Pocket Pistols- The Shooter's Blog
« on: June 24, 2012, 09:02:06 PM »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Tiny 9mm Pocket Pistols- The Shooter's Blog
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 09:04:55 PM »

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 09:06:21 PM »
Images and more details at the links.

Personally I carry Walther and CZ. My Walther PPK for every day carry due to its small size, and frankly, it is my favorite of all my guns. I'll carry either a Walther P99 or CZ75 if it is a place where I think I may need a little larger caliber.

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 09:08:30 PM »
Chief, there is nothing like a good 1911. Sadly, a quality one is something missing from my collection. I have several that use 1911 style frames, but I am looking for a good old Colt M1911 A1.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 09:21:40 PM »
Chief, there is nothing like a good 1911. Sadly, a quality one is something missing from my collection. I have several that use 1911 style frames, but I am looking for a good old Colt M1911 A1.

My Grandfather had a M1911 that got lost or stolen in the shuffle to clean out their house after he and my grandmother had to move into assisted living.  He showed it to me once; he kept it loaded and in his night stand for years.  I don't think it had been cleaned since the War (that's WW-1) he only had one magazine for it and it was given to him by one of his uncles who was issued it new when he was in the Army.  I had no idea then how much it was worth, even in the condition it was in.  It was in dire need of a professional gunsmith's attention, and I would have loved to have it now to go shooting with once in a while just to show it off.....

Alas....

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »
  Chief, I think we need our own little banglist forum topic here. :-)

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 09:56:03 PM »
Giddyup.  I have a S&W .380, but a small 9mm is intriguing.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 10:45:55 PM »
I have a Ruger SR9c, which is the best of both worlds.  It has a 17-unit cartridge handle that gives the weapon a little bulk, or I can insert the 9-unit handle which makes it quite a compact conceal and carry.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 10:14:21 AM »
I have two Colt 1911 rail guns (consecutive serial numbers!) and a Taurus 1911.  I also have the Colt .22LR version for plinking.  Love 'em all.  The Taurus is quite impressive for the $$.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline oldenuff2no

• Retired Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 03:57:03 AM »
I gotta ask why a 9MM?   I carry a springfield XD40 sub compact.  Same frame as the 9MM but with more impact energy.   It is easy shooting and drops back on target quickly.  Don't most of these other 9's also have a .40 counterpart built on the same frames that are basically the same size?
I gotta brag a wee bit.  My XD40 has night sights, a powder river trigger kit, a spring kit and the double action trigger pull is crisp and just under three pounds.  No creep/long take-up, and almost no over travel.
I didn't like the trigger on the stock pistol and the powder river parts really put it right.   I'm a smith, certificates from Lassen college Susanville ca., and the kit was easy to install with perfect fit.   I will give folks a warning about the spring kits,   You can get them very light.   Do not take them down too far on a carry gun.   With this piston you don't want to have your finger inside the trigger guard if you don't have a legitimate target in front on you.  I had another set of springs in it that took it down to right at 2 pounds.   I took it out and put a mag through it and swapped the springs back to the way they were before I messed with it.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote out a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for the sum of 'up to and including my life'.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf