Author Topic: Are You Addicted to Facebook?  (Read 1498 times)

Offline U-238

• inactive members no email
  • A Supporter of the U.S Military-Industrial Complex
Are You Addicted to Facebook?
« on: June 18, 2012, 03:31:24 AM »

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Are You Addicted to Facebook?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 02:37:28 PM »
NO on all of them.   If it wasn't that my son's Scout Pack communicates via Facebook, I probably would not have it at all.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 03:10:24 PM »

The novelty wore off rather quickly with me.  I haven't posted in forever.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 03:21:49 PM »
The novelty wore off rather quickly with me.  I haven't posted in forever.

Same here.  My wife convinced me to sign up when our son in law was in Iraq, as a means of keeping up with what was going on, but that ended some time ago, and I was never that enamored with it in the first place.

What continues to amaze me is the incredible amount of personal information people insist on posting on these sites.  I mean, what is the first thing the local newspaper does when some young felon is arrested??  Why, they go straight to facebook where they download all the gangsta pics he's posted of himself and his friends, doing all manner of illegal things.

They all have the Freedom to surrender their right to privacy.  Its like the Egyptians using Democracy to vote Democracy out....

Offline Scythian

• I won't be told anymore that I've been brought down in this storm
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 03:40:35 PM »
Nobody in our family uses it. We hate it. Also, it's been a key tool leading to divorce in America and Europe, as much as 50% of the divorces in the EU are people hooking up with old flames they long forgot about but re-met over Facebook. I hope it fails, it's stock plummets to a penny stock and it all goes under.
It is almost a law of history that the same wealth that generates a civilization announces its decay. For wealth produce ease as well as art; it softens a people to the ways of luxury and peace and invites invasion from stronger arms and hungrier mouths.

- Will Durant

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 03:52:19 PM »
The only thing I use it for is for is linking posts I make on another (real) site - because I get extra bennie points from the other site for linking posts to facebook.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 04:51:09 PM »
I use FB for posting conservative stuff a lot.  I couldn't care less what people think of me for it--nobody's unfriended me yet that I know of.

The reason I post there is because I know I am reaching a few young (and maybe some not so young, but naive) minds (nephews, nieces etc) who can learn something from what I post.  Posting here is preaching to the choir.  Posting there (for me, anyway) is reaching people who otherwise would never read the conservative side of politics, or culture, for that matter.

I know I've shell-shocked some people from my church who listen to NPR all day, but I know for a fact I've reached one or two of them, too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 09:44:34 AM »

Good post.  Caring enough to lay open to public derision is a great and selfless act, Lipstick. 

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

The future belongs to the young.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf