Author Topic: The Right & Racism Myth  (Read 12496 times)

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The Right & Racism Myth
« on: May 29, 2012, 06:43:08 PM »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Re: The Right & Racism Myth
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 12:13:24 AM »
I'm just getting around to reading this, and I have to say that it is dead on.  Thanks for posting it up Abaraxas

Offline Mcshot

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 07:58:39 PM »
"Obama has made numerous attempts to quote Lincoln, SO WHY DOESN'T OBAMA USE THIS FAMOUS LINCOLN QUOTE:

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »
Excellent....thank you for posting that!!!

Support the USO

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »
Thanks for posting Mcshot!  Glad to have you on board.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 08:24:11 PM »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 11:56:17 PM »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 01:18:33 AM »
I call it Progressive Neoracism.

Except that it's not neo; if anything, it's paleo.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 02:35:26 AM »
The GOP was the party of civil rights first in the 1850s-1860s and still was in the 1960s when they voted in greater percent for the civil rights legislation, put forth by LBJ.

LBJ did this, knowing his party would probably forfeit votes from its old line southern racist wing, which did go over to the GOP.

Some of those old line southern racists do still exist, now in the GOP, and the dems seek to make hay of this fact.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 11:38:50 AM »

Some of those old line southern racists do still exist, now in the GOP, and the dems seek to make hay of this fact.

While ignoring that many more still exist, now, in the Democrat Party as well. For every Strom Thurmond, I can find you a handful of Robert Byrds.

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 11:39:54 AM »
And, I may ask, don't over-play the south. Some of the nastiest racists I've known have been Yankee 'Progressives'.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 12:00:58 PM »

Since I'm ignorant about the southern racists in the GOP, would you cite who you mean?  Thanks
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:26:11 PM by famousdayandyear »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »
And, I may ask, don't over-play the south. Some of the nastiest racists I've known have been Yankee 'Progressives'.

Oh yes.  I can assure you of that fact.  I lived many years in the South, home of my birth, and have now spent more than 10 years in that hub of Northern progressivism NYC and I have seen (and met a few) more, and more virulent, racists here than in the South.

Offline Magic Fingers

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »
While ignoring that many more still exist, now, in the Democrat Party as well. For every Strom Thurmond, I can find you a handful of Robert Byrds.

And a hundred Al Sharptons.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 12:43:55 PM »
And a hundred Al Sharptons.

There are also the various racist groups that have affiliated with the democrats, such as the Black Panthers.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 12:49:24 PM »
The "collectivist left" has forced fed so much of their hate that I have lost all respect for most of them with the exception of Lt Col Allen West and the exciting all knowing and seeing Ann Wortham. 
Comments by Ann Wortham:

There is nothing in me that can share your happy obliviousness.

God Help Us all

Excellent screed!  Thanks.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline Oldbrowser

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 01:17:58 PM »
While reading this it occurred to me that maybe this is why the left is fighting so hard to legalize the illegal aliens.  Now that black Americans are becoming more mainstream the left needs to start grooming a new sub group of aggrieved citizens to fill the ranks of the Democratic party.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 04:37:48 PM »

Comments by Ann Wortham:

snip....

Thanks for posting that....and glad you're among us here at TBR.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 04:45:49 PM »
While reading this it occurred to me that maybe this is why the left is fighting so hard to legalize the illegal aliens.  Now that black Americans are becoming more mainstream the left needs to start grooming a new sub group of aggrieved citizens to fill the ranks of the Democratic party.

It's not so much that......it's that our 'new' neighbors have access to the biggest and wealthiest "Welcome Wagon".  All thanks to Democrat Party initiatives.

The Democratic Party is there for them.....and it's only natural that you will favor them if they assisted you getting on your feet. 

And I honestly believe it will only be a helping hand and not a hammock.  The Latinos I know personally are all hard working, successful in their fields....and their kids are speaking without any hint of an accent and are being educated.....insuring a one generation helping hand.

There are many Republicans....fiscal Conservatives like myself that aren't of a mindset to punish the ones that sneaked into the country.

Because another four years of this sh*t and we may be sneaking into Canada.  LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 04:49:06 PM »
Those illegals you always fight so hard to protect vote for the Democrats you hate  .....

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 05:00:50 PM »
Those illegals you always fight so hard to protect vote for the Democrats you hate  .....

Their family members may.....but not the guyz and women I know.  LOL!

It's not hard at all, Rap.   In fact, everything I've said was going to happen has happened.   I was ten years ahead of the curve.

But I also realize my personal experience with "them" is probably atypical....based upon the majority of sentiment expressed among Conservatives and Republicans.  It's too bad, because it's an ugly label the GOP is wearing.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 05:06:34 PM »
Their family members may.....but not the guyz and women I know.  LOL!

It's not hard at all, Rap.   In fact, everything I've said was going to happen has happened.   I was ten years ahead of the curve.

But I also realize my personal experience with "them" is probably atypical....based upon the majority of sentiment expressed among Conservatives and Republicans.  It's too bad, because it's an ugly label the GOP is wearing.

Oh good grief!  you live in MARYLAND...don't lecture me about not understanding Mexicans..... that is not like living in Arizona, CA, NM or Texas...  so don't lecture me about illegals.. fact is they vote the same way here they voted in Mexico and look at Mexico.......we complain liberals move from NY to Florida and change their political climate because they vote liberal -- well illegals do the exact same thing when they move here...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 05:09:38 PM »
Oh good grief!  you live in MARYLAND...don't lecture me about not understanding Mexicans..... that is not like living in Arizona, CA, NM or Texas...  so don't lecture me about illegals.. fact is they vote the same way here they voted in Mexico and look at Mexico.......we complain liberals move from NY to Florida and change their political climate because they vote liberal -- well illegals do the exact same thing when they move here...

I'm sorry, but I can't find anywhere in my post that could remotely be construed as "lecturing".   

Maybe you should check your blood sugar?   :shrug:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 05:10:50 PM »
I'm sorry, but I can't find anywhere in my post that could remotely be construed as "lecturing".   

Maybe you should check your blood sugar?   :shrug:

is lecturing.......

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf