Author Topic: Silver Screen Soundtracks  (Read 2675 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Silver Screen Soundtracks
« on: May 23, 2012, 10:50:11 PM »
"Now We Are Free" - Gladiator theme -

For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Silver Screen Soundtracks
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:53:02 PM »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:57:56 PM by Lando Lincoln »
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:53:36 PM »
Great idea Lando...and Gladiator is one of my favs....Russell Crowe...be still my heart..lol

Support the USO

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 10:59:47 PM »
Great idea Lando...and Gladiator is one of my favs....Russell Crowe...be still my heart..lol

I like it too!  I think some of us can have fun with this!!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:02:10 PM »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family".    ...Mother Teresa

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:03:39 PM »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family".    ...Mother Teresa

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 11:07:59 PM »
DCP!!  I thought we'd get a kick out of this!

Offline 69FenderStrat

• my band
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 11:08:18 PM »
one of my all time favorate movie tracks ever..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bGLPnafBEI&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bGLPnafBEI&amp;feature=related</a>
Faith is not believing God can
Faith is Knowing God Will

"Senators more than House members & both more than ordinary people, lie."

Online Lando Lincoln

Offline 69FenderStrat

• my band
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 11:13:36 PM »
hummm  Dougie Maclean gets around..eithe way O LOVE HE'S MUSIC
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn96QnzxrHw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn96QnzxrHw</a>
Faith is not believing God can
Faith is Knowing God Will

"Senators more than House members & both more than ordinary people, lie."

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 11:15:50 PM »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 11:15:57 PM »
DCP!!  I thought we'd get a kick out of this!

LOL!  It should be interesting...to say the least! 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 11:19:58 PM »
King Arthur - Soundtrack Compilation

Last of the Mohicans reminded me of this.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 11:30:23 PM »
True Romance # You're so cool! - Hans Zimmer

No disrespect to Bob Dole....but THIS is a damned good movie!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 11:32:17 PM »
The whole soundtrack is excellent for period music....

I'll Build A Stairway To Paradise

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:44:15 PM by Chieftain »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 11:50:30 PM »
Maybe you recall this particular scene from "The Rocketeer" where Melora Hardin sings this in the shell....

4. Begin The Beguine

famousdayandyear

Offline aligncare

• Congrats Donald Trump! 45th POTUS!
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 03:31:35 PM »

John Williams! Probably the greatest screen composer in history.  Who could ever forget Jaws!

But, here's my favorite:

Jurassic Park / Main Theme
Some #NeverTrumpers are like the pockets of Japanese who didn't know the war was over

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 05:06:04 PM »
John Williams! Probably the greatest screen composer in history.  Who could ever forget Jaws!

But, here's my favorite:

Jurassic Park / Main Theme

When my husband was alive we spent 10 days every summer at Lake Powell.  His favorite to listen to there was the Jaws sound track, said he could just feel the dinosaurs walking through the canyons in his mind as he listened to this music bouncing off the canyon walls.
“The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.” G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »
I love and have both the soundtracks of Last of the Mohicans and Gladiator....

Support the USO

Offline DCPatriot

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 12:37:17 AM »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 12:38:25 AM »

Online Lando Lincoln

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf